Fade In Professional Screenwriting Software

ejket

Noobus Perpetuus
Registered
Reaction score
I was looking around to see what was new with screenplay software, and I found Fade In Pro. I've just been playing with the demo briefly, but it looks like it has everything I want for writing spec scripts on Linux. I also found a free one called Trelby.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned these here before.

dinky_dau

Cowabunga!
Registered
Reaction score
Likely because Linux is not the most common O/S most people utilize.

I saw one new product this year which looks decent: 'Snowflake' ($100). Taken from the 'Snowflake method' (search web to learn more).

Basically, just an organizational method which combines synopsis with drafts. But probably pretty useful for beginners.

Last edited:

visitor

Registered
Reaction score
Dear colleagues.

I am very interested to invest into Fade In software.
However, does anyone knows are Croatian characters supported within the software if my keyboard is set to Croatian?
I guess software will probably take input from any type of keyboard or character codes that are set, but asking just in case.

Best wishes.
Leonardo

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I don't have Fade In installed so I don't know the answer. Why not download the demo version from the download page and see how that works for you?

-Derek

KitCarruthers

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Fade In Pro has been my choice now for several years. I've tried many different programs in the past. While some have satisfied me, and some have pleased me, my hunt is over. I've ceased seeking new packages to try out. I use FiP every day, hour upon endless hour. It has proven itself a workhorse. It never crashes; never complains. Takes everything I hurl at it. Fast, simple, reliable. It's a godsend.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Kit. Be aware that you're responding to a really old thread, last active five years ago. We call it necro-ing, bringing it back from the dead. It's not a great idea because most often, the person who started the thread, as well as many who participated, are no longer here.

You're not in trouble for it unless you insist on doing it all the time, but we'd prefer you didn't necro threads. In this case, for example, it might have been better to start a shiny new thread asking others who write scripts what software they use while sharing what you use.

I've written a few plays and managed well enough with tabs and margins, but if this was my main writing, I'd want dedicated software.

Maryn

KitCarruthers

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Aha. Thanks for this remonstrance. It's the second time I've blundered. The concept is slowly dawning on me. Maybe I've been spoiled by some other site where every older topic is locked/archived. There must be some simple way to find only recent threads. H'mmm ...

KitCarruthers

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Oh --maybe I see, now. Are new threads all found under these two links on the main/home page?
'New Posts'
'What's New'
I did not realize it. So, I'll be safe if I click on items only in these zones --okay, this is a rule I can remember.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Look how smart you are. "Princeton could use a guy like you!"

Yeah, I forget now where I gave you that instruction about New posts. Another elderly thread you brought to life. But you found it on your own here, so all the better.

Maryn, quoting old movies inaccurately

Edited to add: There are so very many old threads and so few moderators with spare time that the task of locking old threads isn't likely to be completed in my lifetime. But hey, I'm old...

KitCarruthers

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
I just didn't cotton on, soon enuf!

'ppreciate your indugence of m' beginner's mistakes.

I had assumed that any post on the first page of any forum, must be recent. Du'oh!