Spiritual Guidance needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Bedroom

I hope this doesn’t freak anyone out to much…

I am at a point in my walk where I need some, serious shedding of light, on some things.

So I am looking for a book that may help me, something that will help me get through this particular hard period in my life.

These are my circumstances,

Currently unemployed, Single, no friends, lonely, suffer persecution wherever I go, even from family members. My neighbors are giving me absolute hell. I am becoming disillusioned with God, beginning to fear that maybe he hates me? Becoming very weary and starting to see no point in going on.

Can anyone refer me to some good book (Biblical based) that may help me through these times, for I am in a deep spiritual crisis and fear where it may be leading.

I know that it says, that in all things God works for the good, but I am having a really difficult time seeing that, I just see no good in it and God seems to be not talking rite now. Essentially, I feel forsaken by him.

Any help would be nice?

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Master -

Freak us out? How so, when we have been where you are? A sword untempered by fire is worthless; it's brittle and breaks under stress. Manys the time I've asked, 'Why me, God? Why do I carry this burden?' Yet, why not me? Since I am able to carry that which others are not.

And why not you? That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

It's a hard place where you are and it seems as if it lasts forever but it doesn't. There will be good days and bad. Pick the nuggets of good, hold them, share them and remember this is not our home. We are but tenants here and waiting.

Two books I would recommend: The Traveler's Gift & The Lost Choice - both are by Andy Andrews. Yet, just because they spoke to me, doesn't mean they will speak to you, but they are both very good.

You are not forsaken. You are much loved. Even by me, though I know you not. Why? Because if you're good enough for Him, (and you are); you're good enough for me.

The following is from a devotional, The Cherokee Feast of Days (much used, ragged and torn) for December 14th:

"We cannot see everything from beginning to end. Life is too large to see that far. Sometimes it seems we have to give more than we receive. We sometimes have to reach beyond what we really want to do, or take part of someone else's load rather than see them break down.

Sometimes we forgive more than we are forgiven, and work harder to believe in the goodness of the Great Spirit. We may lose sight of God, but God never loses sight of us. And then there is a burst of sunlight, a new day when we know that giving more is blessed. The scales balance out and we see that we cannot get less than we give when the gift is our best. It is impossible. We cannot love more than we are loved."

I wish you well in your walk. Don't let others steal your faith; pray for them that spitefully use you. It may not change them, but it will change you.

Master Bedroom

What doesn’t kill us… ya gotta love that one.

I am definitely going to check those books out, at the Christian book shop in town.

If they don’t seem appropriate, I will just look around for one there that does.

After I wrote that post, and logged of, that song came into my head, when the going gets tough, the tough get going, I guess that speaks for itself.

DrCaelinPaul

Registered
Reaction score
Not to prosletyze or anything but Joseph Smith translated a most incredible book over 100 years ago. It is called the Book of Mormon. Whether you are mormon or not it is well worth the read :)

I am an athlete and when I was going through a particularly sticky patch in life I also read Jeff Millman's Warrior Athlete and Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior. Both these books helped me. Hang in their Master Bedroom...Life always gets worse when it seems it can get no better, then you trip over a pebble in the road, just miss getting run over by a herd of Clydesdales, and poof everything starts to look better again :)

Master Bedroom

I have read the book of Mormon.

Are you a Mormon then?

And yeah, things could be allot worse for me, and so at least in that respect, I have something to be thankful for.

I’ll look out for that book.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Master Bedroom said:
I hope this doesn’t freak anyone out to much…

I am at a point in my walk where I need some, serious shedding of light, on some things.

So I am looking for a book that may help me, something that will help me get through this particular hard period in my life.

These are my circumstances,

Currently unemployed, Single, no friends, lonely, suffer persecution wherever I go, even from family members. My neighbors are giving me absolute hell. I am becoming disillusioned with God, beginning to fear that maybe he hates me? Becoming very weary and starting to see no point in going on.

Can anyone refer me to some good book (Biblical based) that may help me through these times, for I am in a deep spiritual crisis and fear where it may be leading.

I know that it says, that in all things God works for the good, but I am having a really difficult time seeing that, I just see no good in it and God seems to be not talking rite now. Essentially, I feel forsaken by him.

Any help would be nice?

Dear MB,

My heart goes out to you; I've been in that pit, and it's not a good place. I'm sending you a PM, but also want to offer a few things here which I hope will help you or anyone else in a similar place.

First of all, concerning God 'working all things together for good'... It took me 2 years of Christian counseling (I was in a serious clinical depression) to finally get some personal insight into that verse. At that time my 5-yr. old daughter was crippled with juvenile arthritis, my sister's marriage had shattered, my own marriage was rocky, my son was failing school, and I was in physical therapy after surgery for a skating injury. There was no 'good' to be seen, and the faith that I had had for 40 years was no longer enough. It was during this time that I remember thinking that if I couldn't have a faith that made a difference now, I didn't want it at all. I needed more. I wanted to have whatever it was that led martyrs to the stake. In actuality, what I needed was to know God, not just what I believed about Him.

If you're familiar with the story of Elijah and his depression after the miracle with the prophets of Baal, you'll remember how it is sometimes the way of God to meet us in the wilderness, and reveal Himself to us there (1 Kings 18:16-1 Kings 19). In fact, the name of the wilderness was "Mt. Horeb"--which means 'the mount of God'--but Horeb also means 'destruction, wilderness.' Sometimes it takes the stripping away of everything else to get a clear picture of who God really is. And God wants to be known intimately by His people. "Therefore I am now going to allure [you], I will lead [you] into the desert and speak tenderly to [you]. There I will give [you] back [your] vineyards and will make the Valley of Trouble a door of hope. ..In that day...you will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master'..." (Hosea 2:14-16).

Paradoxically, God used a time when I couldn't concentrate well enough to even read the paper to get me to finally read the Bible I professed to believe. Depression messes up your sleep patterns; those mornings when I couldn't sleep I began reading the One Year Bible, and I continued to do so every morning until I'd finally read it cover to cover. And that year, within those pages I finally encountered in a personal way the God I needed to know relationally, the God-who-sees-me. To my great amazement, I discovered that this God was not watching in judgment, but with mercy; not with disappointment, but with hope; not with anger, but with compassion. He wanted to give me His strength in exchange for my weakness, and His peace for all my unrest. I also read the writings of many pre-reformation Christian saints that year, and discovered a Christianity that contrasted sharply with my 20th century Christianity--one that mirrored Christ's radical claim, "He that would fiind his life must lose it". A God-centered Christianity instead of a self-centered one where God exists to be at my beck and call. This Christianity called for 'dying to self' as the way to the abundant life (Galatians 2:20). And this Christianity required that I love God with ALL my heart, strength, mind, and soul (Deuteronomy 10:12, 13 and Luke 10:25-28).

Which brings me to that verse about God working all things together for good... I've come to believe that that verse should always be read in conjunction with the verse after it:

28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

I believe that we may not always see the 'good' that God is working out of the bad in our life--because much, if not all, the good He's interested in is that purpose of our being conformed to the image of His Son. In other words, He is working for the good of transforming us into people that are more like Christ. Like a raw gem being put through the tumbler, He uses the bad to knock off our rough edges, and to polish us (close) to perfection. He uses it to give us more humility, more prayerfulness, more patience, more strength--all those things Christ exhibited during His times of persecution and hardship. We might have our eyes on good physical outcomes (and sometimes He'll bring these to pass), but God's eyes are primarily on the spiritual outcomes. When we can get to the point of valuing God's idea of 'good' over our own, then we may begin to see even the Valley of Trouble as a door of hope, because this union of wills produces an incredible peace and happiness despite the circumstances. It brings communion with God Himself, which is, in fact what the martyrs died for...the Pearl of Great Price.

I hope this hasn't sounded like a sermon...I just feel bad for you, and wanted to share my experience in hopes that it might help. Whether or not these words have helped, I know that prayer does, and want you to know I'll pray for God's grace in your life. Though sometimes He seems silent, know that He treasures you, gave His best for you, and is watching over you for your good.

Last edited:

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Almost forgot...some books:

Intimate Faith, by Jan Winebrenner
The Grace of Catastrophe, by Jan Winebrenner
The Problem of Pain, by C.S.Lewis

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
You've had some wonderful answers already, but I would add to the list of books
"The Practice of the Presence of God" by Brother Lawrence. It's a classic.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't read this myself..but it was recommended to me when I was in my own despair as a christian, by someone who had gone thru her own "valley". I myself turned to a core group of supportive friends and submitted myself to their prayers and nurturing, and survived that questionable time. The book is Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard.
Hang in there, there is always hope (but you already KNOW this.)

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Both of those books are wonderful classics; another is Pilgrim's Progress which is now available in an updated version (put out by Bridge Logos).

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
I know you asked for a Christian based book to help you during this time, but I thought scripture that has helped me through many times might be of comfort too.
Psalms 34:18-19. My interpretation of these is that God is aware when you hurt for whatever the reason. He will save you if you ask for it. Even if it is due to your mistake or not if you have an honestly repentant heart. He wants us to remember that even if we have done no wrong and do the very best we can to live the right kind of life, we will still have problems. BUT the good news is that He is with us and will take us through it and out of whatever problems we have. Not 99.9% but all of our problems.
The one thing to keep in mind is that our mortal eyes are not God's eyes, the way and the timing is not always what we think it should be, but it will be for the best. Sometimes we can see this now and sometimes we see it later. Just keep turning it over to God. God can also surprise us and solve things in a way that is beyond our wildest dream.
I love what Max Lucado said in one of his books (which are all good I think by the way) that we should try to live as a living scarifice for God, but the only trouble with a living sacrifice is that it keeps crawling off the alter. He has a humorous way to say, we have to keep drawing near to God. We are going to fail or have a bad day, etc., just keep close to God.
Get the book, 31 Days of Praise by Ruth Myers. This book is a little different angle but one that blessed me during hard times also. It is a book of praise. Sometimes we focus so much on our problems that we aren't focusing on God and His power to handle it. Turn it over to God and give him praise. Try not to crawl off the alter. LOL! Hang in there. I've prayed for you and I'm sure others have too.
I also like Stormie O'Martian's, Just Enough Light For The Step I'm On. This helps you understand that God wants us to walk with Him daily - constantly. We don't need to worry too much about yesterday or tomorrow. He'll help us with each step to see our way - His way.
How about Joel O'Steen's, Best Life Now? He focuses on a positive out look and faith.
Keep us posted. All the best! God bless you!

Puddle Jumper

Don't go with the Book of Mormon. Mormonism is not Christiainty and is unbiblical.

Here are my reccomendations...

A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 by Phillip Keller
Barnes & Noble

In the Grip of Grace by Max Lucado
Barnes & Noble

Here's a song that I find encouraging when I feel like you do...

"If You Want Me To" by Ginny Owens (Night at Rocketown version)

Pathway is broken
And the signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason
Why You brought me here
But just because You love me
The way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If You want me to

No I'm not who I was
When I took the first step
And I'm clinging to the promise
That You're not through with me yet
So if all of these trials
Bring me closer to You
Then I will go through the fire
If You want me to

And it may not be the way
I would have chosen
When You lead me through a world
That's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said
I'd never go alone

So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer
My cries for help
I'll remember the suffering
You're love put You through
And I will walk through the darkness
If You want me to

'Cause when I cross over Jordan
I'm gonna sing, gonna shout
I'm gonna look into Your eyes and say
"You never let me down"
So take me on the pathway
That leads me home to You
And I will walk through the valley
If You want me to

You wrote...
I am becoming disillusioned with God, beginning to fear that maybe he hates me? Becoming very weary and starting to see no point in going on.

I once felt that way and then I went on a church retreat and the speaker addressed this exact subject. This is roughly what he had to say about it...

When you start to think that God hates you - that is a lie straight from the pitts of hell. God/Jesus NEVER looks at you with anything but love. When you think he hates you, when you think that if you were to walk into a room that he was already in that he would turn in disgust and exit the other end - that is how the devil is looking at you and he's tricking you into thinking it's God looking at you like that instead of satan.

The truth is, if you were to walk into a room where Jesus was, Jesus would see your pain, your shame, your guilt and would run with open arms to you, with undying love in His eyes.

Remember, God sees us as His children and every parent knows that their child is imperfect. But God's forgiveness is perfect whereas our human parents is not. He never stops loving, never stops caring, never turns His back, never kicks you out of His family. We follow Him but when we stray away, He comes after us. He doesn't just give up because we belong to Him and He loves us.

The truth is, when you think the Lord is looking at you with hate and disgust, He is really looking that way at the Devil for deceiving you. The Devil wants to deflect that gaze onto you but he can't because the Lord's gaze will always look at you with love.

When a child falls, a parent comes to pick them up. It takes humbleness and humility to allow yourself to be picked up. It's harder the older you get. You start to think, "How many times can I fall to this same exact sin before God says, 'My forgiveness for you is depleted?'" The answer is NEVER. His grace is perfect and undying.

And you're not alone. Mediate on these song lyrics to know others know how you feel...

Caught again
Your faithless friend
Don't You ever tire of hearing what a fool I've been?
Guess I should pray
But what can I say?
Oh it hurts to know the hundred times I've caused You pain
The "forgive me's" sound so empty
When I never change
Yet You stay and say "I love you"
Still forgiving me time and time again

It's Your stubborn love
That never lets go of me
I don't understand
How You can stay
Perfect love embracing the worst in me
How I long for Your stubborn love

Funny me
Just couldn't see
Even long before I knew You
You were loving me
Sometimes I cry
You must cry too
When You see the broken promises
I've made to You
I keep saying that I'll trust You
Though I seldom do
Yet You stay and say You love me
Still knowing some day
I'll be like You

It's Your stubborn love
That never lets go of me
I don't understand
How You could stay
Perfect love embracing the worst in me
And I'll never let You go
I believe I finally know
I can't live without Your stubborn love

Remember, God became human and died on a cross in order to save you. You really think He'd just let you go that easy? He understands the human condition and our struggle with sin better than we do - which is also why He is so patient, loving, and forgiving of our sins.

In "A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23," it goes into detail about how when we decided to become God's sheep, that meant He was going to lead us through dark, desparing places in this world.

Why does He do this? It's how we grow. Through this we are able to see God more clearly and just how good He truly is and as a result, we grow stronger and closer to Him.

Jesus is speaking to you. And He's saying something like...

"Be still and know that I am God. Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." (Psalm 46:10 & Heb. 13:5b)

AND...

"I'm still here. I'm still here. No you have not been abandoned, though you can't see through your tears. I'm still here."

God not only forgives sin, He forgives the guilt of sin. What He has forgiven you no longer are to feel guilty about. What's done is done, what's forgiven is forgotten as far as He is concerned and there is no reason to dwell upon it.

Master Bedroom

Thanks for those very insightful, reminders, PB, sometimes I forget those things that are really important and what really matter. That reading the Bible in one year, might be a good place for me to start, I haven’t read the bible in a long time, its hard for me to turn to God when it feel like he hate me, or maybe, I don’t want to face the truth?

Persecution, unanswered prayer, it all contributes to the personal conflict that I have inside. You know, I make sacrifices, suffer for doing right and all the while, I feel that God has betrayed me, and I have to admit, that there is some bitterness in my heart towards Him. The truth of the matter is, I don’t like my circumstances and wonder why God not only will not help me out by opening doors to me, but closes all those that are open. I feel trapped in a prison, by bars that only I can see, and its like, “God, what are you trying to do?”

Of course what you said is true, suffering can lead to sanctification, its just that I cannot understand why he even cares. Everybody else seems to have so much freedom, while I am trapped, I guess that I will know one day. You have helped allot, I am not out of the woods yet, but you have shown me the way, whether I take it or not, time will tell.

The problem with pain sounds good, I have never read any of his Christian works.

Thanks aruna, I have read that one but it might be worth looking into it again, I love that old stuff and the old gospel songs, they have real solid meat in them, not the candy of today’s contemporary music and books.

Thanks DJ as well, my biggest problem is lack of faith, I believe in the existence of God, without a doubt, its just that, my life has been very trying, ever since I was a baby in fact.

I was born into some horrible circumstances and they just haven’t gotten any better.

It could be the Devil, but if so than why? Why go to so much trouble to continually knock me of balance, its not as if I am some great Christian warrior, smashing down the gates of hell and releasing the prisoners, I can hardly get out of bed in the morning sometimes, through lack of enthusiasm. I do believe in what the Bible teaches morally, so I guess in that respect the devil has no control over me, and he doesn’t like not being in control, since the whole world is under his sway.

Anyway, you guys are great and I am surprised to find such knowledgeable Christians here. Thanks!

Puddle Jumper

Master Bedroom said:
That reading the Bible in one year, might be a good place for me to start, I haven’t read the bible in a long time,
If you read three and a half chapters a day, you will read through the entire Bible in a year. Just thought I'd throw in that little piece of information.

Master Bedroom said:
its hard for me to turn to God when it feel like he hate me, or maybe, I don’t want to face the truth?
I don't know what you mean on the truth comment - but yeah, it' very hard to face anyone who you feel hates you. If I feel another human being hates me, I don't want to face them. Mainly because I don't want to feel their anger and hostility towards me. If I avoid them then I don't have to feel their emotions being directed at me.

But with God He never looks at us that way, so really when we feel that way about God, we're actually focusing on our own rollercoaster of emotions - because we don't have God's physical face there or words to hear to comfort us. It is so easy for us to think God is like other people we have met and the more people we've met who have been unkind, uncaring, cruel, mean, etc... to us, the more we feel everyone is that way including God. For me, I had discovered that I was allowing uncaring Christians to form my opinion of God being the same way, until I had some sense kicked into me.

Master Bedroom said:
Persecution, unanswered prayer, it all contributes to the personal conflict that I have inside. You know, I make sacrifices, suffer for doing right and all the while, I feel that God has betrayed me, and I have to admit, that there is some bitterness in my heart towards Him. The truth of the matter is, I don’t like my circumstances and wonder why God not only will not help me out by opening doors to me, but closes all those that are open. I feel trapped in a prison, by bars that only I can see, and its like, “God, what are you trying to do?”
Why does God allow us to feel such pain, heartache, suffering, persecution, betrayal, etc... in this world?

Well for starters he's molding us into His image and if we are to become more like Him, we have to see this world as He sees it. And for that to happen, we have to know like He knows just how evil sin truly is.

The Bible says to endure hardships as discipline - God is treating us as sons (children). Heirs of God. Think about the pain Jesus went through in this world, not just physical but emotional as well. He was completely abandoned by His friends, stripped in public, made fun of, mocked, etc... What an honor for God to allow us to experience some of what our Savior went through so that our relationship can only deepen and our understanding of one another grow. The ultimate goal in our relationship is to have an emotional bond with the Lord which is even more strong than the most in-love husband and wife on the face of the planet. We really can't grow in our relationship with the Lord if we can't understand the pain Jesus felt in His heart when He was in this world.

And also - I think He alows us to suffer so much to make Heaven look all that much better.

Master Bedroom said:
its just that I cannot understand why he even cares. Everybody else seems to have so much freedom, while I am trapped
Well I'm not entirely sure what you mean by freedom and trapped here.

Let me quote a little from the Max Lucado book I recommended...

First of all, remember your position - you are a child of God. Some interpret the presence of the battle as the abandonment of God. Their logic goes something like this: "I am a Christian. My desires, however, are anything but Christian. No child of God would have these battles. I must be an orphan. God may have given me a place back then, but he has no place for me now."
That's Satan sowing those seeds of shame. If he can't seduce you with your sin, he'll let you sink in your guilt. Nothing pleases him more than for you to cower in the corner, embarassed that you're still dealing with some old habit. "God's tired of your struggles," he whispers. "Your father is weary of your petitions for forgiveness," he lies.
And many believe him, spending years convinced that they are disqualified from the kingdom. Can I go to the well of grace too many times? I don't deserve to ask for forgiveness again.- pgs. 144-145
Could it be that he (satan) fears the fruits of your life? Could it be that you are under attack - not because you are so weak but because you might become so strong? Perhaps he hopes that in defeating you today he will have one less missionary or writer or giver or singer to fight with tomorrow. - pg. 146

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MB, regarding reading the Bible in a year...there are many ways to go about it, but I finally actually did it when I used the One Year Bible (New International Version). This one is organized by date, and gives you a daily reading of Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs. I found the mix easier to read; even if one of the passages was obscure, God would invariably speak to me from another one. (I'd tried for years to read the Bible chronologically, but always seemed to get bogged down in Leviticus, and lose my resolve.) Reading a mix each day also helped me see some amazing parallels between OT and NT passages.

Master Bedroom

As much as I would love to reply, If I don’t get out of here, I will not get to the book shop, just like yesterday. I will tell you what book I get, if I get there.:)

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Books I recommend

First of all, the Bible. That is the best place to start (and finish) to learn how God really feels about you and what He really expects. It is God's Word, full of comfort and love and instruction and exactly what you need to hear, when you need to hear it.

Then, I'd read

Where Is God When It Hurts? - Philip Yancey
Disappointment With God - P. Yancey
When God Doesn't Make Sense - James C. Dobson

These are three of the books I read when our 21 yo daughter died; they really helped me. I hope they help you, too.

God bless you during this time of trial.

Master Bedroom

Thanks Betty…

I have read the Bible through 3 times (Now if that doesn’t get me into heaven, I do not know what will)

I just find it hard to have faith, In my present circumstances.

These are the books I bought.

Where is God when it hurts?
by the Afore said… Philip Yancy

What good is God?
By Doug Herman.

Both titles speak to me, lets hope they have the answers I need.

I also got a one year devotional, called Faith Alone, it has the words of Martin Luther.

I don’t know what else to say right now, very perplexed inside…
Don’t forget to pray… hey it cost nothing and it can’t hurt any.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thinking of You -

These are some links I have bookmarked that may be of interest to you on your journey.

Answers in Genesis

Ravi Zacharias - there are radio links here - maybe one where you are.

David Jeremiah - we are listening to a multi-tape set of his sermons on Revelations in Sunday School - absolutely fascinating.

Inteview with God - This is just beautiful so I like to share it - the music is good, too - so don't forget the volume!

Master Bedroom

The books that I have now are helping, for one thing, it has hit me… we weren’t meant for any of this… pain, sorrow, loneliness, suffering , death… God, intended none of this for us… we were meant to live in paradise with Him, forever. Everything that happens to you and me in this world, every inch of suffering, happens simply because of the disobedience of our first parents. Its something that I wasn’t thinking about yesterday? This might be leading somewhere for me… just keep praying for me.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]The Purpose-Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For? -- by Rick Warren[/size][/font]
I believe there's a reason for everything and anything we incur in life. The reasons may not reveal any sensability to us, but the answer is always right there. Here's wishing you many blessings of inner-peace and happiness.

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
It's not a Christian book, per se, but this book saved me after a tragedy in my life had me wondering how to go on, "Man's Search for Meaning" by Victor Frankel.

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
sarah s said:
It's not a Christian book, per se, but this book saved me after a tragedy in my life had me wondering how to go on, "Man's Search for Meaning" by Victor Frankel.

I read that book in college, and just recently started reading a book called "Jesus and the Quest for Meaning." It references Frankel's book quite a bit, stating that Frankel believed in God but stopped short of equating God with values. Interesting stuff.

Cate

Never Bored
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherineltully.com
Many good recommendations here, so I will mention something other than a book.

Sometimes the best way out of this type of thing is to go forth in service to others and fill your cup. That worked for me, and through helping those who were even less fortunate than I was at the time, I reconnnected with God.

I will pray for you, and wish you peace and God's comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.