"Touch" (starring Kiefer Sutherland)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Watched it last night (01/25/12) - Thought it was interesting,

But I found myself thinking it was similar to Person of Interest in that it was based on preventing catastrophic events from happening - except instead of a "machine" it was the little boy who "forcasted" the threat(s) :Shrug:

I'll keep watching (for now) because I'm a huge Kiefer fan, the little boy who plays his son is adorable and who doesn't lurve Danny Glover? ;)

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
reminded me of the movie Crash.
Everyone tied together by that cell phone and 318. Very interesting, we'll see how it sustains through multiple episodes.
Was more interested in the boy than Keifer

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
I watched this and loved it. My brain was stretching trying to figure out the connections before the show revealed them, and I like shows that get my brain working.

My 13-year-old tends to see a lot of patterns and connections that other people miss (while missing things that seem blatantly obvious to the rest of us), so I couldn't help wondering what she'll make of the show and whether she would have figured out the connections before I did.

I did have kind of a WTF moment when the social worker showed up at Kieffer's apartment after the whole thing with her mom's cell phone number. It didn't make sense to me that she would run over there; a phone call, maybe, at most to say, "Hey, guess what your son did" would have been more logical. And then the way she just went right along with Kieffer without questioning him. (Plus...did they ever follow up on the phone call from her mother?)

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
There was a lot of suspension of disbelief -- the whole social worker involvement seemed extremely unlikely, in my experience doing pro bono work in juvenile court; they have far too much work to go after a kid who's basically cared for, and they can't just take a kid on the social worker's say-so (absent a serious emergency), but would have to spend months on court hearings and guardian ad litem reports, etc.

That said, I really did enjoy the show.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
The social worker doesn't seem very busy with her caseload of probably 40+ severely at risk kids.

Other than that and the POI echo, I like it so far.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I agree.

They (the writers) could have come up with a better way to introduce Kiefer's "love interest."

I mean, let's face it, isn't it inevitable? ;)

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
It was interesting, but the only "coincidences" that really made sense/came off well were the man who owned the phone and the former fighter/lottery winner.

The kid in Baghdad was a major hiccup, IMO.

1 - it's not like the guys who put the bomb on him wouldn't know it never went off. There would have been fallout from that.

2 - The phone was wired into the bomb. How was the kid supposed to put the battery back into the phone to get the number to call the woman at the call center back without the bomb reactivating?

3 - minor gripe. How did the guy in Tokyo, who was suddenly back in London, get the oven to Baghdad without incident or questioning the logic of the whole exchange?

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
Agree with you guys on all counts...some problems with that episode, but I did enjoy it overall.

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, lots of logic holes.

But, really, the scene where the grieving dad is desperately trying to get the operator to help him, and then the missing pics show up on mega-screens all around him -- that was lovely. And, for me, it was enough for me to go along with the plot holes.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
We loved the show. I agree the scene with the images appearing on the screen at Times Square was wonderful. Also the scene at the end where his son hugs him. We're hooked.

I'm curious to see where there going to go with this show. I bet his wife will turn out to be alive by the end of the season.

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm not usually this dense, but I just did not understand last night's episode at all. Except for the parts that hammered stuff home in ways that were obvious from the first time the character appeared (e.g., the guy saving the kid as recompense for not saving Sarah).

But the whole thing with the pastor and the guy with the lottery ticket? What the heck happened there, beyond what happened in the pilot-that-wasn't-the-premiere? And most of the military stuff just seemed to waver from odd (the two soldiers take off, leaving their fellow soldiers behind?) to, again, hammering me over the head with the obvious.

I really enjoyed the previous week's episode, but then this one happened, and I'm just confused. It felt like a filler episode, without any of the ongoing mini-threads (esp. Red Dress, the two girls from Asia, and was that episode really the only one that tWitch is in, and if so, drat).

Lucia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chooseya.com
I really like it so far, but I'm a huge Kiefer Sutherland fan and love spotting patterns so it's a good match for me.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't watched it since the first episode.
icon11.gif

Maybe I'll catch the summer re-runs. :Shrug: