Charlie and the Nature Factory [Warning: Stunningly Beautiful Large Photo Images]

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
HEY! I just saw that.

Poor little bunnies of the world.

I believe he was referring to quickWit, who doesn't get much sympathy around these parts. (hehe...parts)

If all goes well and she's pleased with the results, I wouldn't mind creating more, as long as those who are interested choose the images they prefer and cover my costs to have the calendars made. I'm not sure yet how much that will be, but I'll post a dollar amount in the near future.

Cool! I'll buy one!!!
Remember how we spoke recently about shooting close-ups in modes other than macro? That shot, as well as a much closer view that reveals even more details, was taken using the "sport" option. It wasn't intentional, just that I'd forgotten to change modes at the time. :)

Happy accident. :)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I believe he was referring to quickWit, who doesn't get much sympathy around these parts. (hehe...parts)

That could be.

But I used to use a bunny avatar and when I did Haggis and alleycat would always talk about shooting my bunny, boiling my bunny and so forth.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
quicky? Is that you? sore missed you. rawr. :e2brows:

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I hate to derail the bunneh love/hate, but I found the photographer who took the picture I posted earlier (the turtle):

http://www.dohertyphotography.com/photos.php

Amazing stuff. :)
Wow! Amazing stuff is right. The photos taken underwater are fantastic. Thank you for sharing the link.
(Still would rather have SK's calendar!)
Ha! That's because you know me, I think, and would feel a personal attachment to the calendar; which is just as good a reason as any to prefer my photos over his. :D

I ordered my friend's calendar today. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I went with the more expensive "premium" version, so hopefully it will be printed on quality paper and look halfway decent.

I'll post an update when it arrives.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I went to the beach today with my daughter and her children and noticed some black skimmers feeding nearby. The birds are fast and notoriously difficult to capture, but I managed one shot that wasn't entirely out of focus:

6-21-12060-SM.jpg

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Skimmer!! What a gret shot. They used to be so hard to find, now I see them all the time.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I found a way to get Haggisaurus a little closer, SK. Get your camera ready.

yardparty.jpg

(Photoshop goodness by NinaK :))

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
I went to the beach today with my daughter and her children and noticed some black skimmers feeding nearby. The birds are fast and notoriously difficult to capture, but I managed one shot that wasn't entirely out of focus:

6-21-12060-SM.jpg

Very nice shot!!

Haggis, Lol! That pic is awesome! Nina is quite talented with photoshop!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Very nice shot!!

Haggis, Lol! That pic is awesome! Nina is quite talented with photoshop!
Nina's awesome. But so is SK. That bird pic is incredible.

Dino, what do you hear of Charlie lately? We haven't heard much about him.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I took a few nature pics today. I tried to capture a bird in flight, but it is not easy! SK is much better at it. That darn bird kept moving in the sky! And I can't zoom in with my camera the way SK can. Still it was fun trying.

Here's the bird pic:
birdinflight.jpg

And some nature shots:
sumnature1.jpg

sumnature2.jpg

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...Dino, what do you hear of Charlie lately? We haven't heard much about him.

What the pup said. :) I'd love to get an update of that handsome, big toothed neighbor of yours.
The only time I see him these days is when he's swimming from one part of the lake to another. It's been too hot for him to expose himself on land during the day, so I don't have any recent pictures of him to share. Judging by his smooth and determined movements through the water, he appears to be in good health. :)

I took a few nature pics today. I tried to capture a bird in flight, but it is not easy! SK is much better at it. That darn bird kept moving in the sky! And I can't zoom in with my camera the way SK can. Still it was fun trying.
Very nice pics, Katho! Thank you for sharing them here.

Please don't compare your photos to mine, though, or you'll make both of us too self-conscious to post our images!

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com

Here's the bird pic:
birdinflight.jpg

And some nature shots:
sumnature1.jpg

sumnature2.jpg

Those are beautiful. It looks so relaxing out there.

Bet if you put a fish on your head you could get that bird to come closer... just sayin'. :D