AW Writing Contests, Prompts & Challenges! Check them out!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The entries for the AW Poetry Contest -- Space are posted and I just read them. Wow!

Entries Here (password citrus)

Discussion of the Contest Here

Reading and Voting Instructions Here

Peeps, support your AW poets. Read the entries. When voting opens, vote. It doesn't take that much time and your support will be greatly appreciated. The time between reading and voting is to give people as much time as needed to read and reflect on the poems they want to vote for. So, go read. Just do it. :D

Below is the info for phase two (reading) and phase three (voting) of the contest, taken from the OP in the original thread started by Poetinahat when he announced Steppe's contest:

How It Works

Entries open: now
Entries close: Wednesday, August 5
All dates given are US Eastern Daylight Time.

After the closing date, the entries will be posted, without the authors' usernames, in a sticky thread in the Chapbook subforum.
This thread will remain open for Contest discussion.

There will be a two-week reading period before voting opens.

Voting opens: Thursday, August 20
Voting closes: Wednesday, September 2

Winners announced: Friday, September 4

After the winners are announced, I'll post the authors' usernames with each entry.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Folks! Time is fleeting! Vote in the AW Poetry contest before it's too late! Do it now!

And on a totally unrelated note, would you believe I just finished a published novel where every page had multiple exclamation marks littering the page? I was like, "really? It got published? Didn't the poor author have even one beta reader who told her, 'don't do that'?" It highly diminished my enjoyment of the novel. The only appropriate place to use so many exclamation marks is in posts such as this one, urging you all to VOTE! :D

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The results are in for the 2015 AW Poetry Contest: Space!

Results Here

Congratulations to all the entrants as well as the winners. 26 excellent poems were entered in this contest. If you haven't read the poems, please follow the link in my previous message and read them. The contest may be over but the poems are well worth the read for their own merit.

Thanks, all. That's a wrap! :D

Benny Molto

Banned
Reaction score
Is there a contest that wants these few words?

(Warning—a tiny bit of dirty talk.)

At Café Flor one afternoon, deep thinker Jean-Paul Sartre and his sharp-tongued squeeze, Simone de Beauvoir, discussed post-war fashion.

General George S. Patton turned up. Patton was a World War Two maniac whose uniform was a shiny helmet above crisply creased regalia and he wore two ivory-handled six-shooters around his waist like a Texan. Yet on this day he was off duty and his wardrobe was even wilder.

Patton approached Jean-Paul’s table. “Jean-Paul, I need a favor.”

“Fuck off! Can’t you see we’re having a conversation?” said Jean-Paul.

“Would you mind taking care of my bicycle for a couple of hours?” said Patton.

Simone placed her hands on the table, palms down. “All property is theft. Therefore, the concept of your bicycle is erroneous.”

Patton complained, “But I need to find that pansy Hemingway and punch his lights out!”

“I’ll speak to the Pope, when he comes out of the toilet,” said Simone.

“Why are you dressed in a skirt?” said Jean-Paul.

“To show solidarity with oppressed womanhood,” said Simone.

Jean-Paul looked at Patton and said, “Simone, I wasn’t talking to you.”

fin.