August Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arisa81

I thought I'd post this now so that people can start thinking about it and posting. I haven't fully decided on anything myself.

Just the usual I guess. I might try something new, I'm not sure yet.

1) Work on poetry/greeting card verse

2) Work on children's poetry and stories

3) (This one is a maybe) ::: Begin my own book of poetry, after I decide on a theme/topic

Those are my main interests right now, so I will focus on them. :)

Good Luck everyone !

veingloree

I have a lot of unfinished romance novellas. I have to finish one in August or... something bad. Somebody threaten me with dire consequences!

Arisa81

Heaven help me Vein...if you don't finish at least one of those novellas this month...you...you...you will never be allowed to write anything ever again ! Not even a cheque !

(How's that for ya? hehehe)

On a side note :b where do you submit your novellas? I wrote one a while back but after the two places I did submit it, I got stuck (not that I tried exceptionally hard). Mine is for young adults.

butterflywilma

i had hoped to finish my NF book this july. :(
I hope i'll get it done the first of august.
:nerd

btinternet

Modest August Goals

I just discovered this corner of the board - what a good idea!

Unfortunately, August is a crap month for me because I'm on holiday for a week and a bit, plus getting ready and then cleaning up. (This year, I've got a conference in the middle of my holiday - grrr!)

That said, my August goals are relatively modest:

1) Finish "snowflaking" my novel-in-progress so I have a good solid plan of attack when I get back from holiday.

2) Try to have BIC at least three days a week for the weeks I'm not on on holiday.

I have this grand plan for getting up early to write, but it's not been working as well as I'd like.... Sigh.

veingloree

Re: Modest August Goals

Hi Arisa.

I have only written one novella length before, romance submitted to e-publisher Changeling Press but they haven't teplied yet.

I joined a 3000 word a day challenge for August. Ouch. As I am not exactly a lady of leisure I don't know how well that will work.

Arisa81

I came up with a non-fiction book idea yesterday, very excited about it and hope to get most of it done by the end of this month...it's a journal type thing, so not much writing, just ideas.

Mridu

Hey guys and gals!

I've been having themed months lately-- focusing on querying big publications one month, coming up with book ideas and proposals the next. This month I'm going to keep it simple. I'm going to try and write 1,000 words of my NF book every day. By the end of this month, I should have 20,000 words right? (hey, it's the 12th already!)

And I just realized-- now that I've said this in public, I'll actually have to try and keep my word.

Arisa-- congrats on the great idea. I hope we get to see the book soon.

veingloree

Changling came back with a no.

But I have stuck to the 3000 wrd/day thing so far. 30,000 words on my second book. Yay!

Mridu

Sorry to hear that, Vein. But hey, the 3,000 word a day is great going!

Let us know how far you make it in a month, and then we can all get together and make you reveal your secrets. ;)

Cheers!

Arisa81

Okay, well, my non-fiction book idea didn't work out as well as I hoped it would. I mulled it over for a few days and scribbled down some ideas, but it couldn't hold my interest....

maybe another time :grin

But I am still forging ahead with the other works

Mridu

Happens with me all the time, Arisa. So I usually make an outline and do a chapter by chapter summary of the whole thing. If I can make it through that, then I know I can write the book.

Hope you come up with a fabulous idea next time!

Arisa81

Thanks Mridu,
Happens a lot to me too hehe. Sometimes if the idea is set aside for a while that helps, and sometimes not.

:grin

Mridu

How did everyone do?

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I'm going to try and write 1,000 words of my NF book every day. <hr></blockquote>

Well, that was my goal for August. It didn't go exactly as expected, though. I wrote 3,000 words every day for about four days, then had an influx of other short deadline assignments, so the book took a backseat. But hey, I now have 12,000 words. That's a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.