ANY HELP ON.... KEEPING IDEAS ONGOING

Status
Not open for further replies.

teresa20

I need to know if someone can answer how to keep Ideas ongoing. sometimes I have ideas like now. I have like four diffent ones. but sometimes just like my brain is empty with Ideas.like going crazy:shrug about writing then later it just pop in:bang
Do anyone get like this

MissKathyClarke

That happens to me. And usually I give up on what I worked on just because I think it stinks. I once heard that a famous author (whose name I don't remember) is like us. Many ideas one day, none the next. What he did was but them on note cards and put them in a shoe box. When he had the time for writing (which usually is the time when I don't have any ideas) he would take out one of the notecards and no matter what he would write out the story that he had thought up when he didn't have time to write. I haven't tried that yet, but it might work.

I don't know exactly what you were asking, but I hope I helped!

HollyB

Re: ideas

Teresa, BTW, there's a whole thread over in Novels called "where do you get your ideas?" Simply put, you examine the world, and ask "what if?"

Or, a favorite quotation of mine:

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." -Jack London

Melina

Re: ideas

Also, Jenna provides exercises in her book, "Make a Real Living as a Freelance Writer," that show you how to come up with dozens, if not hundreds, of ideas for articles. Really, if you follow her guidelines, you will never run out of things to write about. Definitely worth a look if you are serious about writing.

Good luck, and write, write, write!

(And no, this bit of advice was NOT paid for by Jenna Glatzer) :grin

Status
Not open for further replies.