• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Enspire Publishing (formerly Fantastic Fiction Publishing)

Zombie Fraggle

Thick Skin Pre-Installed
Registered
Reaction score
On their About Us page bolding and [bracketed text] mine:

Enspire Publishing (EP) is an independent publisher with six imprints focused on different aspects. [Aspects of what? I think the word they want is genres.] Each imprint will also have it’s [its] own site, integrated to work with the publisher’s home pages. At each site, readers will have the chance to keep up with their favorite imprint, read behind the scenes [behind-the-scenes] and bonus material, read works serialized for readers to read free [read free serialized works], and comment on specific pages and chapters. While our first imprint has been working for six years, the others are expected to come online within the [a] couple years and are open for submissions now.

And that was without nitpicking. Editing isn't any better in the book blurbs and excerpts, so I'm afraid this publisher would be a hard pass for me.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good God. Fallen, I'm so sorry. What a mess.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
That's horrifying, and doubly horrifying they're seemingly using Trump and activism as an excuse for their own failings. I wish you all luck and speed extricating yourself from this mess.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Ammicable legal agreement reached. Will update Jan 2019.

Last edited:

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Update: as of Jan 1st, all rights were returned on my novels and novellas: settled amicably.

Ann Ruby

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Fallen, Did it take two months to get the rights back? Had the seven year contract ended, or did you get your books back early? I have three books under contract with them. The seven year period ends this year and I've requested they be returned to me.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Hi Fallen, Did it take two months to get the rights back? Had the seven year contract ended, or did you get your books back early? I have three books under contract with them. The seven year period ends this year and I've requested they be returned to me.

Ann!!! Hi!! Don't... was due to be returned this year, but I got the rights back early to all my works this year too. I've been in talks over cover art recently (over the past few days), so I'd definitely give them an email to see if they've received it. I'm UK so my mail takes a while to get there (one went via Italy, for some reason!) Do you have their enspire email?

Ann Ruby

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I think I have the most recent email. I'm just a little nervous because their website hasn't put up anything new since October. Congrats on getting your work back!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's always sad when a publisher cannot keep its contractual obligations. Authors who have not requested their rights back would be wise to do so immediately. If they end up filing for bankruptcy, your work can become a part of their assets unless you have the rights returned to you.

Maryn, seen it happen