KidLit Blogs

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Mike - I can't get that link to work, but I went on over to your blog to check it out. I'm totally impressed. 500 sales in a month for a MG ebook is fantastic if you ask me. It's fantastic even if you don't.

Of course, I read your book, so I already knew it was great.

Congratulations. I hope the sales keep coming. And I hope the next one is even more popular.

Sissy

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Mike! That's wonderful! I'm glad you're seeing such success from your marketing efforts, and that the book is getting into the hands of enthusiastic young readers. :)

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Thanks Sissy and Ruth,

I don't really know how long this sales run will last. It seems like Amazon sales are always a roller coaster ride. And a big portion of the credit goes to reviews (like you, sissy) willing to take a chance to read an 'indie' novel.

Oh, and I fixed the link.

b_radom

Calculating the odds
Registered
Reaction score
I just started blogging again, and I'm a little nervous about how I should promote my book through the blog without alienating my readers, who would already think of me for my blog by that time, and might not want to read something as long as a book. Any thoughts?

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think it should be a problem. If they don't want to read something as long as a book, they just ... won't read it. You're not going to shove it down their throats. On the other hand, if you're blogging interesting stuff about your writing process, or how you got published, or whatever, it might make your readers *want* to buy your book. Also... don't know how many blog followers you have, but unless you're an exceptionally successful blogger, what are we talking about? A couple hundred people, maybe? And probably not your target demographic anyway, if you're writing for kids.

Bloo

Roofied by Rylan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emergencyroomproductions.net
Some great blogs out there, going to try and hit as many as I can.

I'm a playwright focusing on Children's, YA, and family friendly plays. I try and blog 3x a week (but not always successfully) at http://www.emergencyroomproductions.net

more focused on theater and the theatrical side of things then "MG fiction" but I love writing plays for kids and YA to perform

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Last edited:

Indus

Chocolate Milk mmm.
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome to find some more MG blogs to follow! :)

Another former YAhighway blogger, Michelle, and I started up a MG blog recently. www.kidlitnetwork.com We have a librarian, illustrator, and another great writer on our team. We do book reviews along with book club packets and posts on writing. We'd love for anyone to stop by!

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Hi guys! My (our?) new group blog launched this morning! It's gonna be awesome, me thinks. So stop by and check us out.

http://middlegrademinded.blogspot.com/

Right now we're giving away some books, later in the week some critiques, next week a character sketch and a book trailer, and the week after that more books (!) and another critique.

So hop in, we'd love to have you! And we'll be doing interviews soon. I've already talked to Profen4 about one. Will be fun!

Shandylous

Registered
Reaction score
Woo hoo! A whole bunch of MG blogs to check out. Thanks for the info!

writingale

YA Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.radhikameganathan.in
This thread is awesome! I am discovering wonderful links and am bookmarking left and right, lol.

I have just started blogging about my year of writing challenges at www.radhikameganathan.in. I write mostly chapter books and lower MG books, and hope to offer original content for aspiring writers (and also for readers who want to access Indian YA fiction). Please drop in and leave a comment!

Off to check out other blogs...

R

Last edited:

SuperKate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidbooklist.com
Writingale, your blog looks fantastic! Very impressive - I'm off to poke around there. And good luck with your challenge!

I have a blog that's mostly geared to parents looking for MG book recommendations for their kids. The link is in my sig. If anyone has book recommendations for me, please let me know! You can message me here, or there's an email address in the About Me section of my website.

writingale

YA Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.radhikameganathan.in
Thank you Superkate! I was quite frustrated for a long time because there was not any Indian craft blog for kidlit writers... so I started one myself :). I know I have taken an ambitious, if not crazy, challenge, but I am very hopeful... if I can write a chapter book through hepatitis, surely I can do so when I am well!! We will see same time next year, if I made it or not :)

Checking out your blog now :)

R

Supergirlofnc

New fish; Swimming with the current
Registered
Reaction score
SuperKate - I visited your blog again and I really enjoyed it again! Writingale, I visited yours for the first time and was also impressed :) I'm working on a webpage now. Although, it may be awhile before it's ready. Do either of you mind if I link to your blogs when I get it up and running?

SuperKate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidbooklist.com
Supergirl - thank you so much! And absolutely, it would be awesome if you'd link to me, and I'd be thrilled to link to your site, too. Let me know once it's up and running. Are you doing an author site or a blog (or both)?

Writingale, you're inspiring me. I'm deep in edits of my MG novel now and don't want to let myself get sidetracked, but I'm really missing writing new stuff. Maybe I'll try something similar with picture books or poetry. Setting goals like that are such a good way to keep focus. Go, Writingale!

Supergirlofnc

New fish; Swimming with the current
Registered
Reaction score
Supergirl - thank you so much! And absolutely, it would be awesome if you'd link to me, and I'd be thrilled to link to your site, too. Let me know once it's up and running. Are you doing an author site or a blog (or both)?

Thanks SuperKate! I hoped it would be alright, but thought I should ask first! I'm going to try to do a bit of both - I set up a domain with wordpress. I'm going to start with a static front webpage type thing then try to work on the blog part. I really enjoy the layout design part of the process.

Happy Writing!

jlmott

Hello, I must be going
Registered
Reaction score
Not really a blog exactly, but I do post a podcast in which I interview others about their favorite MG books. It is at the Dream Gardens link in my signature.