KidLit Blogs

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Many of our members blog, and many folks come here looking for good places to visit for info about kidlit. So let's gather the links in one place, 'kay?

If you have a blog, post a link here. If you regularly visit a good blog and would recommend it to others, post a link here.

Here's one to get us started:

http://project-middle-grade-mayhem.blogspot.com/p/team-mayhem.html

(Mods, if you could turn this into a sticky, I'm sure people would appreciate that.)

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
I'd love some more visits from AWers! :e2arms:

Readatouille
(Blogger name: Ruth Donnelly)

Thanks for starting the thread, MsJudy!

Last edited by a moderator:

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much, MsJudy! And for the mods for sticky-fying it. I don't quite get the blog thing, but finally gave in to the pressure. But I need to find places with great ideas for making it interesting.

Here's mine, I hope?

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, looking forward to cruising bloggies once the relatives leave...

Reaction score
Hi All -
I blog regularly about writing, publishing and marketing childrens books. The blog is called "Emmasaries" and you can find it here:
http://www.emmawaltonhamilton.com/blog

Also, I'm honored to have been this week's guest on Katie Davis's excellent kidlit podcast series, Brain Burps About Books. You can listen to the interview, as well as access many other great episodes, here: http://www.katiedavis.com/emma-walton-hamilton.

Enjoy!

starbeam

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for creating this, MsJudy! I have just created a new blog site pertaining to the travels of Benjamin A. Wolfe, a late 18th century gentleman, through Beetle Fire, the city of the gnomes. You can find it at butitsshiny.wordpress.com.

Ps. My pen name is butitsshiny. :)

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
starbeam - I'm going over to your blog to check it out right now, but I must admit, your name on there cracks me up. There are so many possibilities with it.

starbeam

Registered
Reaction score
I've published my comment already, Sissy. Thanks for doing the giveaway!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, all, could I ask a HUGE favor?

My son just created his very own blog. He is so proud! And he's so weird!

It's still under construction, but it's coming along rather nicely, even though last night I had decided it was beyond my efforts and he was going to have to forget it. He is allowed technical help and guidance, which is a good thing, because getting his playlist on there just about killed me.

If anyone has a spare moment, could you pop in? You don't even have to say Hi or anything. He'll just flip when he gets home from school and his counter shows that someone has actually looked at his blog.

It's for a church project that he'll be judged on. I hope they can understand his strange sense of humor. He's really a neat kid, although genetically we are not related so I can't take credit for any of it.

Thanks so much.

Oh, yeah, better include the address. http://michaelsltcblog.blogspot.com

starbeam

Registered
Reaction score
Sure thing! Just popped in. He cracks me up with his single phrase on his profile saying he likes tractors. I wish him the best of luck with that site. Seems like it's coming along nicely. :)

grandma

storytime grandma
Registered
Reaction score
Website
storytimegrandma.blogspot.com
I enjoy the blogs I go to and I am adding to the list. I started my own blog and intersperse the advice with postings of my stories for children.
Haven't written any for a couple of years but I have enough to post them for a while. Will have to become inspired again. My grandchildren think they are great. That might be because I use their names in the stories along with their uncle's and their dad's.
Your son's site looks good. I too love Freddy the freeloader. Grew up watching him Sunday nights.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Grandma - thanks. I've already been over to your blog and read the entry about drop-in dinner guests. I hate when that happens, because I live out in the sticks and you can't dash to the store or call for delivery. The spaghetti idea always works for me.

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Just posted a sales update on my blog.

If you've been thinking about pulling something out of your desk to dust off (i.e. revise & edit) and throw online, you might want to take a look.

Last edited: