Fast question on a partial

Rob Lefebvre

Ass kicker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.throwthediceproductions.com
I sent out a round of query letters for a graphic novel I have written. The first chapter artwork is done and the agent has requested to see it. In the e-mail they requested that I send them a link to the artwork. I take this to mean that i should find a suitable place on the internet to do this and then send a link directing her there. Does anyone of a website or other way I could do this? Also is this a common way for agents to view artwork?

It seems to me the less attachments the less likely my shit will get shifted into the spam folder before the agent gets to see it. Just curious.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Web hosting is cheap and easy these days. You can set up your own website, that would leave you with copyright. Most hosting services will have templates that make it easy to use. Be very careful about posting on places like Flikr, most of them hold a certain amount of copyright on anything posted. It might not pose a problem down the road, but it might.

Talk to Miss Plum, she's gone through the same thing. Took her a lot of work to find an agent and it's been a ton more work looking for a publisher. She may have words of wisdom for you. She said the worst was that most agents/publishers wanted to see the ENTIRE artwork for the graphic novel before they'd commit, but she couldn't afford to pay for it.

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Can you put the artwork on your existing blog?

Bron

Registered
Reaction score
If you don't want to put it somewhere public, you could create an account using YouSendIt. It's a file-sharing service that allows you to upload a file and send a link to another person to download. It's free for files under a certain size (I think 50MB).