Blogging and Book Promotion

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've contacted a couple of people in this forum privately, but want to throw this question out there to you bloggers in the hope that you can point me in the right direction: we have just launched two new children's series (nonfiction, history/science) that are getting terrific reviews and are just starting to get noticed in the bookstores. What I really want to do is to focus on grassroots marketing to teachers, parents, and homeschoolers, since this is the audience our books are primarily trying to reach. I know several big publishers have been reaching out to prominent bloggers to get them to promote their upcoming releases on blogs, and I would like to try to do this on a very niche basis. So where do I start? Is there a secret society of homeschooling bloggers, or parenting bloggers, or teaching bloggers just itching to receive review copies of new nonfiction children's books? Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated.
Thanks!
Lauri

MadScientistMatt

Empirical Storm Trooper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madscientistmatt.blogspot.com
If I were trying this, I'd search blogs for things like homeschooling or teaching, then pick whichever ones attract a lot of comments from many different people. You might also lurk at message boards dedicated to that kind of thing (the more popular, the better) and see if there are any blogs that the members there recommend.

I review books on my blog sometimes - I'm trying to see if I can get an Amazon commission - but my blog probably isn't one you would want to send a review copy to.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Welcome to the Blogging Forum, Nomad. I hope you get the help you need here. Matt's advice looks promising - I'm sure there's more to come!

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited: