Looking to do some guest posts on an m/m blog, please

ViolettaVane

I'm living in a silent film
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solaceames.com
Hi! We've got a story coming out from Storm Moon Press called "The Saturnalia Effect".

http://stormmoonpress.com/books/The-Saturnalia-Effect.aspx

We're looking to do some guest posts in December on any blog that has an m/m readership. We'd be happy to trade off with reviews and your guest post on our blogs... it's just that because we're new writers, we don't really have a lot of readers, but you can bank the favor and maybe do a guest post next year when our readership is higher.

Here's a sample of my writing about the story. I can write about linked subjects as well.

The process behind this story was really interesting. First of all, I'm a Christmas humbug sort of person. I look at Christmas as something I have to pretend to be happy about for the sake of the kids. I do not understand the appeal of Christmas collections and Christmas stories. So when Heidi Belleau (a self-described mondo Christmas keener) said "we should write a Christmas story for this collection" I went nooooooo. Then I thought about what it would take to actually have fun writing a Christmas story and came up with... Christmas in prison! So we brainstormed and came up with a f**king amazing m/m D/s pagan prison mafia story idea called "The Saturnalia Effect", and then we wrote it, and sent it in, and got accepted! It's coming out December 20th and it'll have original drawn artwork, which I'm nervous but excited about.

For all the urban fantasy stuff we're doing, we aim for a really thorough grounding in reality so that when the laws of cause and effect get violated, there's actually a sense of wonder. This story was no different. I lurked in the prisontalk.com forum, we got photo models of every setting, and that was just off the top of my head. This wasn't as research-intensive as our novel, but we still did a lot.

Not that either of us are claiming to be the saviors of the genre, but we both have a personal mission to do something new with our stuff. And a lot of that comes through in ethnicity and race. One of our characters is an Arab-American, and that's a crucial element of some of the horrible things that happen to him in prison. Like the majority of Arab-Americans, he's from a Christian background, and Christmas is pretty meaningful to him both on a religious and cultural level. That's the main way I got my head into a Christmas-appreciating space. It's an incredibly dark story and it's not at all for everyone -- it's got massive loads of dub-con and some torture -- but it comes around to the holiday themes of redemption, grace and generosity at the end.

Unfortunately, due to space constraints, we had to cut out a blowjob. But we might be posting it for free, so keep an eye out for that!​

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Does it absolutely have to be a m/m only blog? Or do you accept spots in a blog that is open to all sexual combinations, being completely indifferent to gender? :)

ViolettaVane

I'm living in a silent film
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solaceames.com
Any blog that has any readers who might conceivably buy m/m romance would be cool :) A blog dedicated to, say, middle grade fiction would probably be a bad fit, that's all.

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Well, if you want to write something for me, feel free to pm me about it :)

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the publication. I would offer to help but I have 0 or possibly 1 m/m reader(s). Good luck.