Who Would You Cast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
Which Hollywood actors would you cast to play the parts of your main characters in the film adaptation of one of your novels, whether it be a WIP or a finished product.

For my WIP, I think Emily Blunt would do a good job playing the role of my female MC. The character is supposed to be dark and sexy, which is a role I've seen her play well in other movies. For the male character in my novel, her love interest, I think I would cast Anton Yelchin. He plays the laid-back, "surfer-dude" kind of role extremely well, which is a perfect fit for the character.

Anyways, your turn AWers!

L.C. Blackwell

Keeper of Fort Blanket
Registered
Reaction score
You know, the funny thing is, I don't think I ever have found him. I keep looking though. :)

AlwaysJuly

slugging through
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thisisnotnotmydayjob.blogspot.com
None of the actors are exactly 'right' as I picture my MCs, but I think they'd be great for a film adaptation.

Freema Ageyman for the MC in my urban fantasy.

Kristen Bell for the MC of my old lit fic.

Maybe Anna Popplewell for the MC of my YA mystery.

I have no idea for the current WIP -- when I'm writing a story in first person, I often have only a blurry idea of what the "I" looks like.

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
George Mackay as Luke Gardener, MMC of my recently finished YA Contemporary

Maxine Peake as his mum

and Kaya Scodelario (sp?) who plays Effy in Skins UK as Rachel, Luke's best friend.

No idea about my FMC...

Last edited:

dangerousbill

Retired Illuminatus
Registered
Reaction score
Which Hollywood actors would you cast to play the parts of your main characters in the film adaptation of one of your novels, whether it be a WIP or a finished product.

No, but I do try to find photos of my characters, online, in print, or from photo sites. I pin them over the desk while I'm writing. It helps form the characters in my head and keep them there. Sometimes, they're movie star, but not always.

The FMC of my current wip looks like Catherine Zeta-Jones, but a foot taller. I've yet to find a suitable photo of my MMC, although I have a clear image of him in my head.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Why just Hollywood actors? Other countries make films.

I know who I want as my MC but she hasn't been in Hollywood. Maxine Peake. Fantastic actor.

Last edited:

texas_girl

Registered
Reaction score
I know this sounds crazy but I've always imagined one of my bad guys, a gunfighter, to be played by Colin Firth. He would play a very good English psychopath in the old west. I'm not sure about any of my other characters.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
No, but I do try to find photos of my characters, online, in print, or from photo sites. I pin them over the desk while I'm writing. It helps form the characters in my head and keep them there.

I do the same for my fantasy stories. Search fantasy artist sites for a drawing that fits a character, or scene. I then print them out and tape them on my story board/wall, right next to the map...

Christyp

Lizard Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Paranormal romance- Kevin Durand. The female I'm not sure. I've yet to find an exact of her.

The Reluctant King Reece - Kevin Durand (I'm a fan, what can I say) for Reece, Emily Browning as Marley, and Zoe Saldana as Charlotte

For my latest urban fantasy, She Who Hunts - Holland Roden for Tenna and Eric Schweig (Last of the Mochicans) for Jason.

For my newest WIP I love Alex O'Laughlin (with chin length hair like he had on Moonlight) for Liam and some unknown chick I found on the internet.

Anyone know how to post a pic from your photo file on here?

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
The problem is the characters in my head tend to be fabulously good looking, and there are few people in the world who are both fabulously good looking and fabulously good actors.

And those fortunate few who do fit the bill? Don't look like the person in my head.

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Hard to say for the modern day main characters in Transitions... if Miracle Laurie were younger I would say her for Helen if she can do a passable UK accent otherwise no one in current circulation has the right 'look' apart from the woman I based her appearance on. The male lead is also hard... again no one seems to look like I imagine him...

The Roman characters are a little easier. James Purefoy is right for Lucius though more for his portrayal of The Black Prince in A Knights Tale than his role as Marc Anthony in Rome. It needs someone serious and grim but with the ability to show warmth beneath that.

As for Gods of the Sea... that one has been cast for a long time (the characters were cast long before the story was written :) ). Olivia Williams always struck me as perfect for Rachel Drake and someone once told me that Christopher Ecclestone would make an excellent Professor Everyn Crowe.

Chrissy

Bright and Early for the Daily Race
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's a fun thread over in the YA section where you actually post the pic of your actor/actress. I just posted mine for my boy MC. Actor Liam Hemsworth... *sighs*

God, I sound like a silly girl.

Oh wait, I am a silly girl.

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
hmm, never thought about it. MC in Medicine Man, Shannon Running Deer would have to be Steve Reevis, his love interest Morning Dove maybe Michelle Thrush when she was younger.

Marumae

Queen of Quixotica
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I have a huge picture folder precisely because I take inspiration from fantastic (thought not always straight fantasy) images and pictures of...well just about anything that strike up a spark in my brain and start a story or help clarify something that I have brewing but can't quite finalize? I don't always but I do mentally cast certain characters from my stories, for my current one I have

Nathan Fillion and Taye Diggs.

JayMan

Like Burt Reynolds in Gator
Registered
Reaction score
None of the actors are exactly 'right' as I picture my MCs, but I think they'd be great for a film adaptation.
Agree with this. That said...

James Badge Dale as the introspective main MMC.
Emma Stone (with her hair dyed black) as the main FMC.
Charlize Theron as the other FMC.
Adam Baldwin as the tall, strong, soldierly MMC.
Cillian Murphy as the scientist MMC.

Shika Senbei

Me want a cookie!
Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to see Yoshitoshi ABe do the character design.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I would cast a load of unknown British actors seeing as my characters are all British and I wouldn't want it to be a film starring insert name. I'd want it to be a film about the story and characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.