• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Charles Towne Publishing

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know why, the Cao's thread on agents and publishers won't open for me to check this out. I did do a search and nothing came up. So ...

Anyone know anything about Charles Towne Publishers? They're advertising in various places on the net including Craigslist. Looks a bit questionable to me (and they're not in P&E), but not completely questionable. Anyone with info? Puma

http://www.charlestownepublish.com/default.html

thorjansen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thesentinelsson.blogspot.com
Their "about" page says "When manuscripts are chosen for publication the author's cost will never exceed $100.00." Sounds like trouble to me.

Oh, and the one book I found on Amazon claiming to be published by them comes via CreateSpace, which anyone can use themselves without a middleman. And it's a book that I believe is in the public domain.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1466423234/?tag=absowrit-20

Last edited:

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
That was the flag to me too, which is why I decided to ask. Glad you found the Createspace - may explain it all. Puma

mpm536

Registered
Reaction score
I have used Charles Towne Publishing to publish my second novel, the first one was with Createspace.com. I found my experience far superior with Charles Towne Publishing than I did going at it on my own with Createspace.com. They never charged me any upfront fees. All I had to do was sign a royalty contract with them, which so far has been better than the royalties I received off of my first novel. Hope this helps with your concerns.

rejectME

Registered
Reaction score
I have used Charles Towne Publishing to publish my second novel, the first one was with Createspace.com. I found my experience far superior with Charles Towne Publishing than I did going at it on my own with Createspace.com. They never charged me any upfront fees. All I had to do was sign a royalty contract with them, which so far has been better than the royalties I received off of my first novel. Hope this helps with your concerns.

So you did or didn't have to pay $100? Have they charged you for editing or anything?

mpm536

Registered
Reaction score
I did not have to pay $100, no charges for editing or cover design, and I was not required to purchase a certain amount of copies after publication. The only money I paid was $20.00 for my copy of the original proof.