Introduce yourself! What do you write?

R.T James

Street urchin with a top hat.
Registered
Reaction score
My name is R.T James.

I am a practicing pagan though not of any real organized branch. My family has a long line of white witches, but not many warlocks sadly.

I have found I have a connection with the deities of olde and have some experiences with things I can not explain. Things I do not know how to word to explain, but they have affected me profoundly.

Things if I explained them to most I would presume me to be foaming mad.

I am a steampunk fantasy writer, and my world I write in has a pagan society as its foundational bases, but nothing too concrete or focused on entirely in the stories.

Here's the end of my terrible introduction.

I wish good fortunes amongst you all, and may the bounty of your pursuits prove fruitful.

Signed,

Mr James.

kneedeepinthedoomed

Registered
Reaction score
Website
spawnhost.wordpress.com
Might as well.

I'm a pagan of the Scandinavian variety, dunno how you call that in the US, but I'm a guy who loves nature and is into Norse mythology and not averse to a little bit of sacrificing here and there. I'm not part of any organisation, for various reasons, and we're generally an individualistic bunch.

I'm working a few Norse-inspired things into my videogame script but in a slightly disguised form in order to not be off-putting for Christians or whatever. I changed names, for instance, and took it in a bit of a fantasy direction. But an underlying theme is monotheism vs polytheism and sacrifice and the cycle of life and even the shamanic journey.

Still anyone alive in this subforum?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, sadly this forum has become very quiet of the last year or so. I would love to see it come alive again.

Kaaba

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kbupdikejr.wixsite.com
I write some pagan fantasy and sci fi.

A recent short story was about a pagan hierarchy to have evolved from post death astral control imparting the ability to be immortal, and to reincarnate with past life recall. The gods are maybe dinosaur ghosts or chimpanzee ghosts that have had time to develop a following, and various abilities youngsters don't have.

In the story, I play with the idea that the gods and goddesses blood sacrificed to might have been after the adrenaline in blood. When animals or humans experience fear, they secrete adrenaline into blood.

The climax is about the importance of respecting the gods, merely because pragmatic if they've been around for a long time and accumulated, for example, the power to prophecy where to place their military if invaded (in the short story, if rank were invaded by fairness).

I practice Respect for the gods, in case they're out there. The closest I have to nonfiction writings on paganism is essays on fairness and niche loyalty, and the idea that niche loyalty to an immortal hierarchy may be older than and capable of conquering the bigger loyalty to fairness. I encourage readers to accurately calculate niche loyalty (to possible dinosaur and post chimpanzee ghosts) and to accurately calculate fairness or general loyalty, to unify all sentient life as a potential military.

(in real life, adrenaline is not orally active)

Last edited:

BabyBoomer

Registered
Reaction score
I'm Pagan, but I don't love fantasy.
I know, it's weird, LoL, everyone looks at me like I'm an alien, when I say I don't like Fantasy.
I always try to keep religion out of my writing as much as possible, but that's not always possible.
Lately I've been inserting little-known religions, I have few municipalities, I think it's right to give space to everyone, and not always to the best-known religions.