• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Harvey Klinger, Inc

TR Dillon

Registered
Reaction score
I'm assuming Andrea is a no-response-equals-no agent? Is this right?

Decker

Old fish; alligator skin
Registered
Reaction score
EQ Andrea on 8/25
ER on 9/7

Commercial M/T/S

Decker

Old fish; alligator skin
Registered
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, it was a rather nice rejection letter, for being a rejection, and at least it was prompt.

IrisFlower81

Flower Girl
Registered
Reaction score
For all the people who have asked about David Dunton: I don't know about response times, but I did query him on a much earlier version of my MS and get a form rejection pretty promptly.

Then I recently entered a contest with a later, better version of the same MS, and won a full request from him. I'll let you know when I hear back.

bershka

For all the people who have asked about David Dunton: I don't know about response times, but I did query him on a much earlier version of my MS and get a form rejection pretty promptly.

Then I recently entered a contest with a later, better version of the same MS, and won a full request from him. I'll let you know when I hear back.

Congrats on winning the full request!

He commented on mine that he wanted to read more.

DahlELama

Registered
Reaction score
Iris - congrats, that's awesome!

Richard - If she got your query, there's no reason to assume she wouldn't have gotten your pages as well. I don't see any reason to follow up here.

empty refrigerator

Registered
Reaction score
Richard, I think it would be to totally fine follow up in two months if you don't get a response. Good luck!

SavvyBlue

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.conclavejournal.com
I might be a bit behind on responding here, but I want to add to all the positive feedback. I sent Andrea a story she rejected, liking the writing but not the character. I asked if she'd see another book, and she rejected it with specific requests. I've re-sent to her with her edits. She's been prompt and exceedingly professional--more professional than agents I've been signed with in the past. Love her. Here's hoping.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Sara rejected my MS last year, but I decided to give her another try post-revisions and she wants to see them! Yaaaay~

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Requery with revisions: 11/16
Full request: 11/19
OFFER OF REPRESENTATION (HOLY CRAP WHAT!!!): 11/27!!!

I signed with Sara today and I could NOT BE HAPPIER. ALTHOUGH I AM STILL IN SHOCK. WOW.

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
Requery with revisions: 11/16
Full request: 11/19
OFFER OF REPRESENTATION (HOLY CRAP WHAT!!!): 11/27!!!

I signed with Sara today and I could NOT BE HAPPIER. ALTHOUGH I AM STILL IN SHOCK. WOW.

Hooray!!! I am so, so happy for you! :D

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much, everyone! *parties!* *does a little dance!*

Jessica_312

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Andrea Somberg on 12/28 and got a request for the first five pages today (1/02).

And congrats, Beckstah! That's amazing news!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Beckstah! That is awesome. Great agent, great agency!

(now change that on submission in your siggy to "this year" ;) Unless you are not on sub until 2014?!?)

Xeni@

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Harvey Klinger in person and got a same day request for a full manuscript. After I got an offer from another agent, he rejected my manuscript with the following email:
"I took a look last night and it's a pass. Good luck with the other agent." No hello, no goodbye, no nothing.
Now, he might be the best agent on the planet, but I prefer someone less experienced with better manners.

P.S. I replied: Wow! Ok.
:)

Last edited: