A Life of Crime and Chocolate

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Liz, who do you need us to kill? We know how to make bodies disappear in this forum, remember. :)

It's less individuals than Twitter being Twitter. Although I may have lost a follower because of a movie I didn't like. :Shrug:

I do have a hit list, although I think I'd prefer a lifetime of non-fatal and extremely annoying mishaps for them. Like getting a cell phone number that was recycled from a fax machine that thousands of people call all day. Or having their laptop auto-download 8GB of updates every time they turn it on. Or having the post office lose their tax returns every single year, resulting in perpetual audits. Or having a faulty low tire light on their car that's right about 10% of the time, so they either check it every time or keep getting flats on the expressway during rush hour.

And I wish them a retirement home that continually forgets how much they hate tapioca pudding.

(My big fantasy is to someday be in a position to do a Theatrical Public Snubbing, but that's a bit of a pipe dream.)

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's less individuals than Twitter being Twitter. Although I may have lost a follower because of a movie I didn't like. :Shrug:

I do have a hit list, although I think I'd prefer a lifetime of non-fatal and extremely annoying mishaps for them. Like getting a cell phone number that was recycled from a fax machine that thousands of people call all day. Or having their laptop auto-download 8GB of updates every time they turn it on. Or having the post office lose their tax returns every single year, resulting in perpetual audits. Or having a faulty low tire light on their car that's right about 10% of the time, so they either check it every time or keep getting flats on the expressway during rush hour.

And I wish them a retirement home that continually forgets how much they hate tapioca pudding.

(My big fantasy is to someday be in a position to do a Theatrical Public Snubbing, but that's a bit of a pipe dream.)

:roll:

Wait.

I'm not supposed to laugh at that.

Sorry.

But you could make them have to move house every two or three months. The really annoying people.

:roll:

Sorry. It's the tapioca pudding that did it. :roll:

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hang on I just found this. Isn't Somerset part of PE? I used to live there!
:D

Close. About an hour's drive north of P.E. (Port Elizabeth, if anyone's wondering.) :D I can't wait to get there. This packing, cleaning, sorting, dumping, more packing is exhausting. I can't believe how much junk I've accumulated in the last two decades. Sheesh!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
GailD, are you moved yet?

:hi: Mr Mitchell! Welcome home!

YOU GUYS YOU GUYS LOOK WHAT MY FRIEND SENT ME

tiny-books-s.jpg

This made my entire day.

(Here's the artist.)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Omg that is a friend! And that is my new second fave etsy shop.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What a fantastic gift, Liz.

Welcome back Mr Mitchell.:hi:

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooo. Those miniature books are charming!!!! :heart:

GailD, are you moved yet?

Yes! Thank goodness. The packing up was incredibly exhausting but the move went very smoothly. We're in our little cottage, which turned out to be not so 'little' after all. There's room for everything we brought with and the cottage is lovely. It's very old - built sometime in the 1920's. The plumbing has been modernized but not quite enough. LOL, we can't run the hot tap and the cold tap at the same time, so one can't shower. Ugh. Have to use the bath tub. It has not been lived in for a while and I'm making inroads in wiping out a cockroach population as well as trying to establish a garden in the tiny backyard. But yes, we can be very happy here.

The absolute best thing about moving here is that the lower altitude and clean air has done wonders for my hubby's health. His breathing has improved considerably - to the point where he hasn't needed to use additional oxygen during the day. This is beyond awesome. It's very hot here during the day (Feb is the hottest month in this part of the world - average 37C/98.6F) but we're getting used to it. Sort of.

If the phone company would just hurry up and give me a DSL line, it would be perfect! I'm using a 3G card to get on the internet and it's expensive and intermittent. Ugh. Things sent to try us.... and stuff. :D

Oh, and I got my freelance job back. The client emailed me and said 'please don't quit, what if we try doing it this way?' Then suggested we work the project the way I wanted to do it right in the beginning. :roll: Okay. So I'm giving that another try. :D

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes! Thank goodness. The packing up was incredibly exhausting but the move went very smoothly. We're in our little cottage, which turned out to be not so 'little' after all. There's room for everything we brought with and the cottage is lovely. It's very old - built sometime in the 1920's. The plumbing has been modernized but not quite enough. LOL, we can't run the hot tap and the cold tap at the same time, so one can't shower. Ugh. Have to use the bath tub. It has not been lived in for a while and I'm making inroads in wiping out a cockroach population as well as trying to establish a garden in the tiny backyard. But yes, we can be very happy here.

The absolute best thing about moving here is that the lower altitude and clean air has done wonders for my hubby's health. His breathing has improved considerably - to the point where he hasn't needed to use additional oxygen during the day. This is beyond awesome. It's very hot here during the day (Feb is the hottest month in this part of the world - average 37C/98.6F) but we're getting used to it. Sort of.

If the phone company would just hurry up and give me a DSL line, it would be perfect! I'm using a 3G card to get on the internet and it's expensive and intermittent. Ugh. Things sent to try us.... and stuff. :D

Oh, and I got my freelance job back. The client emailed me and said 'please don't quit, what if we try doing it this way?' Then suggested we work the project the way I wanted to do it right in the beginning. :roll: Okay. So I'm giving that another try. :D

So glad the move went well, Gail. And YAY for hubby's improved health.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com

That sounds just lovely! Okay, not so much the cockroaches. :) (Although I used to live with them when I lived in the city. I sprinkled boric acid everywhere and was otherwise in denial.)

The absolute best thing about moving here is that the lower altitude and clean air has done wonders for my hubby's health. His breathing has improved considerably - to the point where he hasn't needed to use additional oxygen during the day. This is beyond awesome.

That's tremendous. What a change in the daily routine. Well worth the heat. :)

Hahaha I'm not at all surprised they came begging! Good for you. :)

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You people are so kind. :e2arms:

Boric acid? I hadn't thought about that in relation to roaches. Great idea, thanks. I've used borax and sugar to get rid of ants, very effectively I might add, but I didn't think of that in terms of roaches. And I have a whole jar full of borax. Yayyyy!! The killing shall begin afresh. :evil

LuaVerena

Creative Creature
Registered
Reaction score
Finally started working on my first novel again, which I'm pretty thrilled about. Sure, I'm procrastinating from revising for my exams by doing so, but progress is progress. It's not really a thriller or suspense, but my love of those genres has definitely influenced a lot of moments in the story and the atmosphere of it.

In other news, bought a tin of key lime hot chocolate recently. It's a bit of a faff to heat the milk slowly while stirring the powder in, but it tastes amazing and is this pretty light-green colour. Would definitely recommend.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Finally started working on my first novel again, which I'm pretty thrilled about. Sure, I'm procrastinating from revising for my exams by doing so, but progress is progress. It's not really a thriller or suspense, but my love of those genres has definitely influenced a lot of moments in the story and the atmosphere of it.

:hi: kracey11!

This sounds totally cool! (I write SF, but there's always a mystery in there somewhere. :))

In other news, bought a tin of key lime hot chocolate recently. It's a bit of a faff to heat the milk slowly while stirring the powder in, but it tastes amazing and is this pretty light-green colour. Would definitely recommend.

See, it wasn't the word "faff" that made me realize you were from the UK, it was the milk in the hot chocolate. All the powdered stuff in the US calls for water. (Yes, I know. Yes, I've been known to make it with milk anyway.)

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa. Did someone say 'hot chocolate?'

:welcome:kracey11

If you'd said 'cake' I'd have been here yesterday. :D :D

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now that you've mentioned cake, Gail....:drool

Hi, kracey11. Good luck with your novel.

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now that you've mentioned cake, Gail....:drool

And you know what's driving me crazy? I can't bake cake in the new house. In the northern provinces of SA it's illegal to sell or rent out a house without a stove in it. But down here in the Cape, houses don't come with stoves. I knew this before we moved, so I bought a gas cooker and a table-top turbo oven. (I already had a slow cooker and a microwave.) The turbo oven is supposed to be able to bake cakes. Um... I've tried a couple of times and had to throw away ruined ingredients. It just doesn't do it. I've made some cakes in the microwave and they weren't bad... but they weren't all that great either. :gaah

Anyone got a great microwave cake recipe?

*begs, sweetly*

:D