The Novel Challenge Sign-Up Booth--it's never too late to join!

StormChild

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure it's still called procrastinating if you're producing so many shorts instead!

Sounds like it's going to be an intense month for you -- should be fun, and a great way to immerse yourself in the story. If you're half as productive as you were in April you should come out with something great.

This draft is going fine once I get to it, it's driving myself to open the documents that's a chore. I keep having ideas about the next novel, which is probably not a bad thing in itself.

I'm aiming for a carrot and stick approach.

Writelock

Tribal Wanderer
Registered
Reaction score
Hi one and all. I have been lurking around here for nearly a year and decided to come out of the shadows.

~N

cerissa

Registered
Reaction score
I want in on this challenge. I have no words wrote lol, so I plan on having my first draft done and editited by dec. 2015. im about to have a baby in may so ill be busy as a single mom so I think that will slow me down a bit. That and the fact that im new to writing stories in general, but have had a few ideas in my head. I plan on start outlining today

Last edited:

StormChild

Registered
Reaction score
Resurrecting this very old thread to make myself acocuntable for this year's novel.

Last year I aimed to tidy/polish/submit my S&S/werewolf novel before the end of the year, and I made it. This year i want to finish a first draft of my Space Opera/Whodunnit. Late in starting but I think I can do it.

Anybody else still in the novel business?

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I am. :)

Finished my novel by the end of last year as I had aimed for, and then got trapped in a couple rounds of revisions which are just winding down into the inevitable tiny word tinkerings. Planning on taking whatever's left of June off from novel-writing and finish up a novella and a short that have wanted attention for a long time. When those are done, if it's still June (unlikely) I'm going to do *art*. If it's not still June, then I'll start another novel with a goal of a first draft by New Year.

NatGSharpe

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to finish a first very, very rough draft of me SPACE PIRATES novel by the end of June/July. (It's a really fun story so it writes quite fast!) I was about a fourth of the way done when I realized I had major plot problems, so I'd like to focus on fixing the beginning, and then busting out the rest of the novel.

It's outlined already, although I think it might come in a little short for the traditional market, so I won't do the querying part of this challenge... Well my writing's not ready for that anyway. But it'll be good to have another thing finished!

JasonS

Registered
Reaction score
Is it cheating to jump in with a WIP? If that is okay, then I will join the challenge to have my current WIP, which is at just over 11,000 words, targeting 60 to 65,000 words, done with the first draft by the end of July. I'll have the beta reads all done by the end of August, edited and polished with cover done and ready for indi publishing on Amazon by the first of October (of this year).