JamesC

Banned
Reaction score
Website
totalweb-inc.com
Hello one and all,
emoticonhi.gif

My name is JamesC,

I am the person that took so long getting this forum back up and running, so I thought I would register and pass on my apologies for how long it took.

I could go into a long story of why but I will just get to the point. The data base for this forum is over 500 Megs when the server it was on could not stay up for more then a couple of hours at a time that made it a challenge to grab the data base.
emoteHammer.gif
So I gave up after 2 days
smileyflag.gif

This data base that is being used now was down loaded on the 16th of Nov. so there are a few post missing and I am truly sorry about that. But I bet it will have better up time now then it did in the past.
smile.gif

So enjoy and sorry for the long time. Post on and enjoy
emoteClap.gif

Last edited:

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Thanks, James!

Yeah, we did lose a couple of days' worth of posts. Sorry 'bout that, guys, but we figured it was more important to get the boards back up and running instead of James driving himself crazy reloading and reloading and trying to get the current database without timing out.

The good news, of course, is that we are now on the new server and have high hopes for no more errors! :Clap:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much, Jenna & James. I had a feeling when I saw some of my posts missing that that might be the reason. It's great to be back on with AW. It wasn't the same without AW.

Lady of Prose

Member - the "Sting Gang."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, thanks for all your hard work, James. And you too Jenna!! :)

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Does this mean our trip is over??? Whaaa! (But it's nice to finally be in a safe and secure place. Some of those places we visited on the way here... :) )

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks James and Jenna. I missed this place!

Also James, just to let you know in case you weren't aware, Mozilla Firefox browser is not working properly with the site. It freezes the icon, like it's trying to open completely, but it doesn't. I couldn't post. I tried several times.

I opened Internet Explorer and I'm zipping right through the threads, and posting without problems.

Thanks again for the move :)

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
thanks for all the work!

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Vanessa said:
Thanks James and Jenna. I missed this place!

Also James, just to let you know in case you weren't aware, Mozilla Firefox browser is not working properly with the site. It freezes the icon, like it's trying to open completely, but it doesn't. I couldn't post. I tried several times.

I opened Internet Explorer and I'm zipping right through the threads, and posting without problems.

Thanks again for the move :)

Thanks for that post, Vanessa. I was also having a lot of trouble with Mozilla Firefox, but have switched over to Internet Explorer.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all your hard work, James. You, too, Jenna. It's inevitable when you move that a box or two gets lost. Better that than to continue to suffer from the withdrawal symptoms we AW addicts are subject to.

Vanessa, I'm using Mozilla. It was a little slower loading the 'reply to thread' window than usual, but that has always happened on occasion. No real problems.

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
What is is.

But I do feel sad, and I suppose I just think that once it was realised that it wasn't all coming across we could have had the chance to rescue that weeks posts (whoever had posts they wanted to rescue) and we could then have pasted the info back into new posts on the new servers.. but I suppose there's a reason we couldn't... anyway.. just incase...

Is there any way to access the posts on the old server so that I can grab back some of the missing poetry and maybe the SOS forum missing updates? I understand it didn't get brought to the new server. but that was some important information gone.

Oh yes.. and thankyou for trying so long to make it work... I think we all appreciate the effort you've put in.

Last edited:

JamesC

Banned
Reaction score
Website
totalweb-inc.com
Well I am testing with fire fox and it is real slow with the loading time.

This I know is a glitch with fire fox and java ads of course with a forum this size you can expect some glitchs on a new server.

over the next few days and or weeks (if that what it takes) I will make adjustments to the server till this all smooths out.

So please bear with me while I work out the kinks.

Vanessa

Registered
Reaction score
You guys are lucky! I just tried again and same thing. I've never had problems with Mozilla being slow or any unusual dragging. I even refreshed the browser. What version of Mozilla are you all using? I haven't changed anything, and it opens up other sites fine. I'm not a Internet Explorer fan, but I tell ya, I swear I am zipping through AWWC, with no delays. I'm sure it'll iron out, after everything's settled through.

Oops didn't see you there James. You beat me to the post. Thanks for the update.

JamesC

Banned
Reaction score
Website
totalweb-inc.com
Well I have already norrowed it down to the adserver. seems for some reason it is loading very slow through out the site.

I can't access the adserver so I can't really say why it is doing this so sorry for the delayed timing.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found that the Size doesn't work when I tried to make some words bigger in one of my posts. I clicked on Size and it just showed the number but no pop-up box for me to type in the words I wanted to make bigger.

Vanessa

Registered
Reaction score
James, believe me when I say, you are crowned the KING of this place, for just getting the site up again. :banana:

And I'm sure I can speak for everyone in saying we are forever grateful. I will use whatever it takes to hangout in this place until we get a fix. So thank you again, and hey, we'll be fine.

unthoughtknown

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennifersando.com
Yay! I just wanted to do :Jump: (<-) that in the new location ! Hehe.

--
(Vanessa, I gave up on firefox as well and am now using IE for this site. Oh, the things I will do for Jenna's forum - hehe). (J/k).

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
James, don't stress about the little things. Go get some rest. Give us a chance to get unpacked and figure out where everything fits. In the morning, if your Honey Do list gets a bit irritating, check your rep points for warm fuzzies.

Deleted member 42

JamesC said:
Well I am testing with fire fox and it is real slow with the loading time.

This I know is a glitch with fire fox and java ads of course with a forum this size you can expect some glitchs on a new server.

over the next few days and or weeks (if that what it takes) I will make adjustments to the server till this all smooths out.

So please bear with me while I work out the kinks.

It's the javascript that displays the ads; it's written to I.E. and not cross browser compliant :(

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
JamesC said:
testing the size thingy

testing the size thingy

hmmm funny seems to work for me?

I'm using Mac OS X 10.3.9 Safari 1.3 (v312) Size doesn't work

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
I'm using IE 5. (It's the only browser I have. I don't even know how to get a second browser. Do you have to have a lot of extra memory?) Pages are loading rather slowly, especially the page after I send a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.