? Website Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
You all know I'm not a techie which is why I come here with questions that may have obvious answers for those in the know. My question:

The last couple days we have had issues with a number of websites on the internet - they won't open, or won't open within a reasonable amount of time, or if they open, are only partial openings and then behave like there's an incomplete fed coming in (if I scroll down all the colors from the top of the page pull along too). Through all this, AW has been functioning fine, but websites like NOAH weather, Intellicast weather, our local news stations, etc. are basically worthless.

Can those of you in the know give me some likely reason this is happening? I'm assuming the problem is not in our computers, possibly at our server, but more likely in the servers of the sites affected. Am I right?

Reason I'm asking - we're also having phone trouble - we can call out but calls aren't coming in and we are on a DSL line through the phone company. Are the two connected or just coincidental? Thanks for any explanations and helps. Puma

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Puma, they're very likely related. Have you tried rebooting your modem and router, though?

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
True to form, as soon as I ask about the issue, it fixes itself. Just like when I take my car in to the mechanic with a complaint and it won't misbehave. Thanks for the reply, Mac. Puma

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ahh, isn't that the way these things go way too often?

In my experience--I'm not technically adept by any means--a whole lot of problems are solved by clearing cookies, deleting one's cache, and rebooting.

Maryn, glad it fixed itself

Last edited:

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Thing was, it was multiple computers involved, not just my personal one. The others are doing all right now too. Puma

Status
Not open for further replies.