• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader for YA Book 23,000 word

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarkine

Learning the trade
Registered
Reaction score
I'm after beta readers for a new project. It's 23,000 words, Young Adult, has maybe a dozen swear words, including the f-bomb (maybe once or twice).

Looking for some general feedback and help with the tense.

Happy to exchange reading, will read almost any genre and length.

The book is about a country girl who finds herself in the inner city and gets herself into a whole heap of trouble and of course she meets a boy, but there isn't a lot of romance.

At this stage, it's bordering on YA urban fantasy, but there isn't a lot of fantasy in it.

Happy to exchange first chapters and to go from there.

ThoughtsofAlice

Writer, Editor, Blogger
Registered
Reaction score
I would be happy to beta read for you! I don't have anything for you to read, but that is ok, right? xD If you want to send me some chapters, you can send them to my email, [email protected] =) If you do, I will get it done as soon as I can, which would be, at most, probably a few days.

Best of Wishes,

Alice Not From Wonderland

tarkine

Learning the trade
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Alice. I'll send you an email.

ThoughtsofAlice

Writer, Editor, Blogger
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Tarkine. I just wanted to ask if you sent the email yet. Because if you did, I didn't get it. So, if you can send the email again that would be great. And make sure you write my email down exactly the way I had it, just saying xD

Best of Wishes,

tarkine

Learning the trade
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Tarkine. I just wanted to ask if you sent the email yet. Because if you did, I didn't get it. So, if you can send the email again that would be great. And make sure you write my email down exactly the way I had it, just saying xD

Best of Wishes,

Alice - I got overwhelmed with requests. If you don't mind, can I take a rain check on your very generous offer for a little bit, until I get the story ironed out a little more and then run it past you?

(rain check - wait a few weeks before I take you up on the offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.