Prayer requests.

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Aruna, my husband and I just joined hands in prayer for your country and its people.

RT - I think what Stormie said about a blazer is a good idea. I think a navy sports coat and khaki pants with a tie would be good. When I put these together for my husband I change it up, but I think a crisp, white, long-sleeved shirt tends to look the most dressy.

Missylissy - so sorry about all that is going on with your friends. Prayers for them. As far as the words, just talk to God. He wants our hearts not our prose.

Prayers for all!

Oh, and Stormie, thanks for asking. My neice is holding her own. Her arm is very sore but doing fine. The collapsed lung is almost healed to a point that they might let her go home soon. Now, just to keep praying for a miracle.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
R.T.--This quote from you made me stop and laugh: "I went to the dead mens clothes store (Goodwill) last weekend...." Anyway, as for a suit, how about a discount store and just buy a blazer? Do you have any dressier pants than jeans? Prayer sent your way, R.T.!

Not much. I have some but not suit type more like khaki's dyed a different color. I'm going to look at some places this weekend. There's a thrift store down the street that I'm going to check out. Stephen King would have difficulty describing the smell. I always feel like I wish they had a flamethrower that you walk through on the way out the door to sanitize yourself. I'm going to hit some other places as well. It seems all the suits $199 and under are "wool" that I've found so far. No thanks. I'd rather just fill my sleeves and pant legs with brillo pads. For whatever reason $199 seems to be a 'popular' suit price.

So wish me luck and thank you all for the prayer.

Anyone know someone who lives in Daytona Beach and might rent me a room for a couple of days? The extended stay I called wants $300 bucks a week.

I'm going to have to shave my beard too. Ewwww.

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
Guys, thank you so much for the prayers for my friend!

She is improving and has been conscious some today. They're gradually weaning her off the ventilator. She has some fractures in her neck and upper spine that they won't know if they'll be problematic until she's able to be up and around. Her swelling is going down quite a bit and she no longer has bandages on her head and face. When she's awake, she understands what is said and is able to follow instructions.

I'm sure it'll still be a long road, but I wanted to say thank you and give you a sort of update. :)

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
I found out it would cost me $4655 to break my lease today.

That isn't good news.

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Jen - good news! Another prayer sent for continued recovery.

RT - can you get someone to rent it from you? Or if you do get the job, turn off the utilities and shut it up tight then just pay monthly what you owe. You can maybe find temporary living arrangements that are very frugal until you get out from under the lease. Don't know - just some brain storming. Keep praying for that path to be shown to you if it is His will.
I'll pray for that too!

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I think the strain of the last few days has just been really eating away at me. I'm having some financial issues this month, and need a particular check to come in the mail to be able to take care of my bills. It's a stressful situation that is really hitting me hard this month.

Because of the situation, I see the slightest disagreement on these boards with something I believe, and I want to explode in their faces. This morning I literally screamed at my computer in response to someone's belief that contradicts what I was taught in school.

So I would like you all to pray that I would calm down, become more relaxed, and that God would give me the grace to continue until I get everything taken care of, without becoming the old Sean. I hate that old me, and I do not want to deal with being the royal pain that I used to be.

Thanks, everyone.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers for everyone with concerns upon their hearts today. My heart is full after this morning's church service, and I send love and hugs to my brothers and sisters. I also come to the thread with two requests of my own...

Construction on our new front deck has begun (and soon the new front wall of the entire house, which is a BIG part of our overall renovations). I'd just like prayers that, what with all the tools and scaffolding, etc., that everyone might be safe, including our kids, who'll no doubt be exploring as things progress. I pray God will send His angels and keep everyone from harm.

Also, I feel selfish asking but... I've got a keloid scar on my ear. I've had FOUR surgeries for removal, but it's growing back again, as aggressive and stubborn as always. The shooting pains haven't started yet, though the itching has. I don't know what else, medically, could be done that hasn't been attempted already. Which is why I've chosen to have faith that God will heal me. I'd like prayers that my faith will be exactly where it needs to be for this, and that He will choose to heal me, sooner rather than later.

Thank you so much.

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Sean, we all struggle with our behaviors. None of us are perfect. Where we're weak, God is strong. You say "your old self" like you've evidently made great strides! That is wonderful!
Now, you have a chance to really shine by winning over "evil" and being the witness you know you can be. The people who knew you "when" will see the difference. You can let them know when they ask - it's God who made that difference in you possible.
Prayers for your peace and the financial strain to be lifted.

Janna, prayers for your safety and healing. You certainly deserve it!

Thank you to all of you for the prayers!

Last edited:

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
I can kinda relate to this. *patpat*

I need the will to send out a query for a new agent. I seemed to be paralyzed by fear. Not of rejection, I'm used to that. But of acceptance. Acceptance means performance and that requires confidence that I can perform as a writer for children. So my request is that I get over myself and send it out. The query is for "The Lady And The Writer for" those of you who have seen it.

Humbly Yours,

writerterri

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Three members of my family are battling breast cancer right now, and all of them are mothers. One has two teenage girls, one has a five-year-old who will literally have no stable home if anything happens to her, and one who just had a baby not a year ago and found the lump (I think) while she was pregnant.

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
When you say your prayers, could you please include a small one for lost pets and heartsick owners, that they may find each other again.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
JenNips--great news! Weaning off the vent is a slow process, but it sounds like she's doing so much better!

R.T/--a prayer sent your way that somehow something will be figured out about breaking that lease.

Sean--I understand about raging at the computer when someone disputes your beliefs. On another writer's board (not AW) the owner actually altered a guy's mean post to me, then deleted mine where I calmly asked him to please stop. Then locked the thread. I'm trying to let go of that, esp. since she expounds on peace and justness on her boards. A prayer sent for you also for that check to make its way toward you.

Janna--prayers sent your way for those renovations to be done right, and for healing for your ear.

Donna--your niece is in my prayers!

tomothecat--prayers sent for your three family members battling cancer.

CatSlave--a prayer sent for all those whose pets are missing, that they may find them soon.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
I had a local interview yesterday which went well other than no student base to start and no health insurance. That means starvation and eviction. :) I'm sure it's mine if I want it though.....lol. When you teach you only get paid for the time you fly at most places so you can be in the street rapidly and or you need something in the bank to start, which of course I don't have.

I spent from around 1 p.m till 11 p.m. yesterday taking my dad to the Emergency Room at the VA and getting him checked into the hospital, getting him settled in etc. He has emphysema and couldn't breathe well at all....clogged up etc. Scared him really badly. The night before he used 20 days worth of medicine in his nebulizer in one evening. His blood pressure was also 80/40 and he has HIGH bp normally. Sooooo I'm out of it today, I'm tired. :)

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers for you, RT, and your dad. Prayers for Tomo's family members, and the pets and owners as CatSlave pointed out. For all others, as well.

An update on my daughter's moluscum. What's on her arm seems to have contained itself fairly well, though the bumps on her side/tummy seem to be spreading out further and further. I may take her back to the doctor to inquire of the freezing treatment. Please continue to keep her in your thoughts. Thanks so much.

writin52

Registered
Reaction score
Prayers and Healing Energy to all in need

Prayers to all who have health and other burdens to bear. I will make some healing energy balls to send out during my meditation for as many of you as I can.:Hug2:

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Prayers for Tomo's family. How hard that must be!

Cat - prayers for animals finding their way back home for all concerned!

Janna - prayers for your daughter's healing.

RT - prayers for your dad and you through all of this!

Prayers along the way for all!

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jest pokin' my head in. I'm still prayin' for everyone.

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
Prayer for the Animals

Thank you all.
I'd like to share this famous prayer with you:

Hear our humble prayer, O God,
for our friends the animals,
especially for animals who are suffering;
for animals that are overworked,
underfed and cruelly treated;
for all wistful creatures in captivity
that beat their wings against bars;
for any that are hunted or lost or deserted
or frightened or hungry;
for all that must be put death.
We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them
we ask a heart of compassion
and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals,
and so to share the blessings of the merciful.

Author - Albert Schweitzer

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
prayers sent for all.

Went today to get the staples out and for more PT. I'm healing. They cleared me to drive "if I am up to it." not sure how to take that.

sandyn

AW Aficionado
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers for all...for healing of ills, for financial burdens to lift, for difficulties with anger or other emotional problems to be eased, for good jobs to be found, for cancers to be cured, for lost pets and owners to be reunited, for all good things...and for love and hope to surround all.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all--just peeking in to send up some prayers for you all!