Prayer requests.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

My mother (age 91 and several years into a battle with vascular dementia) is now on hospice and the nurse suggested that she has no more than 2 weeks. Mom keeps calling out for people night and day and has no comprehension that they're there. I don't want to prolong her agony, but I do hope she lives what little time is left with some inner peace.

I'd appreciate prayers.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Mom was addicted to classical music and it did help...some.

Note the use of the word "was."

She passed this morning. I am deeply grateful she's released.

My thanks to all who prayed or thought good thoughts or whatever phrase you want to use.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She passed this morning. I am deeply grateful she's released.
So sorry for your loss, Sweetie :Hug2:

… Praying that her transition was painless and peaceful - May your memories comfort you and your family. :heart:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am so sorry for you loss, Siri, but glad you mum is finally at peace. Sending you huge hugs and healing thoughts.:Hug2:

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Thanks, Lavern, muse and those who repped.

One thing I've learned in a lifetime that's included a lot of people entering my life and a lot of people leaving it is that no ever loses the ones they love. You can always find them in your heart. I'm feeling the lifting of a huge burden and a deep sense of both of us having redeemed a pledge. That's real value. I can't even bring myself to call this experience bittersweet, because all bitterness is gone. Let's just call it a gentle sweetness.

Thank you to the originator of this thread for giving me a place to say that.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Please pray for my middle nephew and my mother. My nephew injured a tendon in his thumb and now his hand is in a cast for 3 weeks. Hopefully this'll help it heal without surgery.

My mother's getting cataract surgery for one eye next week and for the other eye the week after.

Thank you.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They'll both come through it okay, Dawn, I'm sure. :Hug2: I'm scheduled for cataract removal in the near future, too - just no date fixed yet.

Please pray for my middle nephew and my mother. My nephew injured a tendon in his thumb and now his hand is in a cast for 3 weeks. Hopefully this'll help it heal without surgery.

My mother's getting cataract surgery for one eye next week and for the other eye the week after.

Thank you.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your prayers, everyone. My update was eaten by the forum outage, but basically both my Mom and my nephew are fully healed. Mom's surgery was a success, and my nephew didn't need surgery.

I have elderly neighbors who needs some bigtime prayers. A few weeks ago, the husband fell down in their house and had to go to the hospital. He was out in a day or so and seems fine.

The EMTs must've said something to someone, because the next day there was an orange sign on the window which said that the house was unfit for human habitation. Apparently they were hoarders and had a mouse infestation. (We've had mouse troubles, too, but not at the level they had.) Their kids are cleaning out the house in jumpsuits and masks, and have already thrown out over three dumpster-loads of stuff. I'm almost afraid that they won't have anything left by the time the cleanups done. At the very least, they'll come home to a very changed house.

Please pray for them, that they may have the strength to deal with this.

Thank you.

ETA: I just learned tonight the exact reason for the cleanup: Hantavirus. In this case, you might want to pray for the guy my Dad saw dumpster diving there a few days ago, too.

Last edited:

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"-a Sikh greeting)I've been taking a break to rethink my writing career, but would appreciate prayers for all of us in fire country. Thanks and God bless.Blessings,Siri Kirpal

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Please pray for my dad; he's on his way to the ER with arm and chest pain. The paramedics couldn't find anything wrong with his heart, but they're taking him to the hospital to see a doctor just in case.

Thank you.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
AZ Dawn, I've been in your shoes - my prayers for you and your father. 'Doctors in hospitals' is the right call, they can test for all sorts of things there.
I will think of you, prayerfully and often.
And, prayers for

Belle_91

With her nose stuck in a book
Registered
Reaction score
AZ_Dawn, praying for a quick and speedy recovery and that it was nothing more than some bad indigestion.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the prayers, everyone. Dad's home now and doing all right. It wasn't a heart attack or anything of that nature, but they couldn't figure out what was wrong. At any rate, he's OK now, if a bit tired.

Thanks again.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
My family needs some hefty prayers right now, especially my youngest nephew; he's not feeling well. It's probably allergies with post-nasal drip, but you never know these days. At any rate, if he can't go to school tomorrow he'll have to get a COVID test before they let him back. He's under 12 and couldn't get the vaccine, so yes, we're a bit worried.

Thank you.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
My family needs your prayers. Except for the four-year-old little boy who must have an iron immunity, my niece, her two oldest little boys, and her husband have Covid-19. The symptoms are mostly headache, fatigue, and some chest pain and dizziness, but her husband is being treated at home with pneumonia caused by the virus. Plus, a good friend and members of her family have it.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, everybody. It turns out both nephews from that sister had to get tested because his brother started getting the same symptoms.

Their COVID tests results were negative.

Thanks again.