Prayer requests.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Sending prayers of comfort to his family and prayers of safety to your nephew, AZ. We'll chant for the kid.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Siri Kirpal. I wish the kid could've lived, learned, and repented, but it was not to be.

My nephew's words are already starting to come back and bite him. No stabbing attempts, thankfully, but someone was circulating a note around that said something that could have been his opinion about the death, and signed his name to it. Fortunately he could prove it wasn't his handwriting.

Thanks again.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like things have actually gotten worse for my nephew: he was arrested today for allegedly threatening to shoot the kid who threatened to stab him. Sis is very upset. He says that he didn't do it, but apparently there were witnesses. Between the forged note and the fact that he's punch other kids in the past, I don't know what to believe about this. At any rate, he, Sis, and the rest of us are going to needs some big-time prayers.

Thank you.

Last edited:

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Siri Kirpal. I should probably mention that he's not in jail right now; the police remanded him to Sis. They'll be calling her in about a week to tell her what'll happen next. He is suspended from school for 2 days and not welcome back at Sis's school. Assuming he doesn't go to juvie, Sis will have to spend part of winter break figuring out where to send him to next. It feels like we're in a Lifetime movie/After School Special, but with less guarantee of a happy ending.

Please keep praying for us, everybody.

Thank you.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Keeping up with the prayers. And especially for your nephew to gain some maturity through what he's going through.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
We need some emergency prayers; Sis's ex manage to get an emergency family court date tomorrow to try and take away Sis's say in education, and probably more! We knew he'd probably cause some problems over my nephew's arrest, but we didn't think he could do it so soon. On the upside, the judge is the same one that gave her complete education and mental health, so there's some hope they'll tell him to knock it off. Still, Sis and my nephew are going to need a lot of prayers for tomorrow.

And please pray that her ex stops acting like a jerk.

Thank you.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Prayers definitely sent, AZ. And in addition to those things, may your sis and nephew have a better year in 2019 than they've had this year.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, everyone. Sis won the court case! The only downside is that her relationship with my niece, her daughter, is strained. Since she moved into their guesthouse, she's been getting the ex's side of the story more than ours. She's mad at Sis for not allowing him to be homeschooled. We all love her, especially Sis, and she's always welcome at our homes, but now I wonder if she'll want to see us again. Christmas could be very...awkward this year. At any rate, please prayer for her as well as her mother and brother.

Thanks again.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Glad for the ruling. May you and your family, especially including your sis and her kids, have a peaceful and happy Christmas.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, everyone. Sis won the court case! The only downside is that her relationship with my niece, her daughter, is strained. Since she moved into their guesthouse, she's been getting the ex's side of the story more than ours. She's mad at Sis for not allowing him to be homeschooled. We all love her, especially Sis, and she's always welcome at our homes, but now I wonder if she'll want to see us again. Christmas could be very...awkward this year. At any rate, please prayer for her as well as her mother and brother.

Thanks again.

Great news on the ruling, AZ.

Prayers sent for harmony in your family.

Prayers also sent to all those who need them.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, everyone. Christmas was mixed because of two meetings my sister had. The first was with her daughter. They had a woman-to-woman talk alone, and seem to have patched things up. That was happy.

The second meeting was with her lawyer. I hope he was only telling her the worst case scenario, but apparently my nephew's arrest could play into he ex's hands. The judge wasn't happy with either one of them, in my sis's case because it took so long to get him into therapy (well, excuse her for not throwing him at the first shrink in the Yellow Pages). So there could be some serious trouble on the horizon.

January 4 is when my nephew sees the judge. He'll probably be assigned a court-appointed lawyer because of conflict of interest issues with the lawyers on both sides of his family.

Please keep the prayers going.

Thank you.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, everyone. I'm afraid I got a bit confused about the court dates, though. The 4th was not when my nephew was supposed to go in front of the judge; it's tomorrow. The 4th was when Sis and her ex were in family court to tell the judge what deal they had hashed out for education. Unfortunately, the blended half-online half-classroom school she wanted to send him to couldn't take him til next month, so for this semester he has to go completely online. On the up side, he didn't get the extra "parenting" time grab he was hoping for. My Dad retired last year and he'll be coaching my nephew on Sis's weeks, so my nephew doesn't have to stay at the exes on her weeks. So we still need prayers on both the legal and education issues.

Thank you.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, guys! The judge basically told everybody what could happen to my nephew and other case related thing. The case could still go to trial, so there's prayers are still needed. I don't want to say too much online, but if the case does go to trial, there is a witness in his favor, so that's good.

Please pray for everyone involved for courage, wisdom, safety, remorse, etc.

Thank you.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Continued prayers, AZ.

Adding prayers for all the Federal workers who are furloughed...or worse yet, still working but not being paid.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
My 2nd oldest sister is getting bunion surgery tomorrow morning. It'll probably be OK, but some prayers for her would still be good and appreciated.

Thank you.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, Siri Kirpal. She got out of surgery just fine, and is resting nicely at home. The dogs bark whenever she hops around with her walker, but seem sympathetic when she's sitting or lying still. Sis is going to need that walker for some days to come. Please pray for her and dogs to get use to it.

Thanks again.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Oh, yes! Animals often hate walkers (the mechanical kind, not the people kind). There was one mountain lion at the San Diego Zoo who snarled like crazy at my Mom.

But of course...may they all live happily ever after and may she (and the dogs) recover quickly.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal