Prayer requests.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, everyone.

Just a small update on Sis: The judge called in sick today, so the court date has been rescheduled to next Monday. As for Mom, we won't know the results of the CT scan until probably Thursday, when she sees the surgeon again. So prayers are still needed.

Thank you.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers. It looks like Sis is getting more breathing room; the court date has been postponed to Thursday or Friday of next week.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
On Monday Mom has surgery to put in a port for chemotherapy. It's an outpatient procedure, but it requires general anesthesia. Please pray for her.

Thank you.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
On Monday Mom has surgery to put in a port for chemotherapy. It's an outpatient procedure, but it requires general anesthesia. Please pray for her.

Thank you.

Prayers sent, AZ. :Hug2:

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, everyone. Mom's surgery went well and she seems to be doing well. She's starts chemo again next week. We have to be especially careful around her now, though, because a lot of the family either have colds or are getting over one.

Thanks again.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, everyone.

My Sis and her ex finally had their half hour in front of the judge, and the results are mixed. The good news is that my nephew will finish out the school year in school. In June, however, there's going to be a full-blown, probably all-day family court date, with people being subpoenaed, experts called, and everything. Hopefully, this will work in Sis and my nephew's favor.

Thanks again.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Glad he gets to continue through the school year! Holding the good thought for the rest of his school years.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
On Monday, my niece will be on a trip to Europe for about a week. Please pray for her safety.

On Tuesday, my sis and her ex will finally have their big court date over my nephew's education. Please pray for her and my nephew.

When my niece comes back from Europe she'll be moving out of the above sister's house, and she won't be visiting us as much. Since she's moving into a guesthouse on the exes' property, visiting her will be challenging. Please pray for all of us.

Thank you.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers sent, AZ.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, everyone. Sis spent all day in family court and we still don't know who's getting what; her exes' lawyer caused a lot of delays. The judge didn't have time to make a decision today, but she said that she'd come to a decision by August 1. Just about in time for school to start. We're hoping the judge will decide in Sis's favor. Prayers are still needed.

Thank you.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Keeping them in my prayers, AZ.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your prayers, everyone. No word from family court yet, and it's almost time for school to start! However, my niece has come back safely from her trip.

On the way back to the airport, they passed through the edge of the smoke from the Greek wildfires. Please pray for the people affected by them.

Thank you.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Oh, yeah! Praying for all people in fire country, here or in Greece or wherever.

Glad your niece made it back safely.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for your prayers, everyone. It's now official: Sis has education and mental health! My nephew (and in fact, all my nephews) starts school tomorrow. Please pray for him.

My 2nd oldest nephew starts middle school tomorrow. Please say some prayers for him, too.

Since she's a teacher, Sis starts school tomorrow as well. They put her in a classroom portable this year with no water. That probably won't change until the district gets enough parental complaints, so in the meantime please prayer for her and her students.

Thanks again.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

May they all do well, AZ. That includes the nephews and the sis.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like your sis has custody and all that.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks again for your prayers, everyone.

First, the good news. Second Nephew seems to be surviving his first few weeks of middle school. There was an incident last week where he and some other students found a gun on campus, but it turned out to be a fake gun. Scared the crud out of him, though.

His mother, my little sister, however, could use some prayers. She's a teacher's assistant and last week she had to carry a student with a rash (the parents said they were bug bites) to the nurse's office so they could be sent home. A day or so later, she found out the kid had scabies. She's pretty worried for obvious reasons.

As for my other nephew and his mother, they could use some prayers, too. She has to find him a counselor over the weekend. I'm not sure if the exes have anything to do with it or not, but his usual rough time at school when it's their week seems to have escalated.

My mom's doing relatively well on chemo, but there's been a few times when her platelets (?) were too low to do the treatment. Today is one of those times. Please pray for her as well.

Thanks again.