Prayer requests.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your prayers, everyone. I was slightly mistaken about my sister going to court; it was just mediation. No agreement could be reached, so this is definitely going to court. Prayers are still needed for sis and my nephew.

Also, Mom's relatively okay. She's been off chemo and radiation for a while in preparation for surgery sometime next month (I think). She's a bit cranky, though that's understandable.

Thank you, and Happy Holidays.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
My Little Sis' oldest son needs some prayers. He was playing in the backyard with my other nephews when he hit the corner of the chicken run at full speed. He's at urgent care right now, and may or may not have a broken arm.

Thank you.

Update: He's back from urgent care. His arm's in a sling, but it's not broken.

Last edited:

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
It's official: Mom goes in for surgery on January 31. She's getting the tumor removed, and getting a colostomy as well. If all goes well, she'll spend 3-5 day in the hospital, probably learning more about her treatment. We're all nervous, especially since she's 78 years old. Dad's taking the day off, of course. So are Little Sis and her boys; she thinks they'll be too distracted to do much. She hopes to convince our other sister with kids to let her boy stay home from school, too. He's already missed a lot of days of school this year, though, so that's going to be a tough sell.

Anyway, we could use a lot of prayers right now.

Thank you.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers sent, AZ. :Hug2:

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Requesting healing prayers for my husband. He had minor eye surgery this morning on both eyes. After the first eye, he became nauseated and passed out. His vitals indicated that his blood pressure dropped. He is home now. But please pray for his full recovery.

Thanks and God bless.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers sent, Siri Kirpal.

A bit of an update on my Mom: she's in surgery right now. We should know how it went at maybe 7pm our time.

Thank you for your prayers, everyone, and please send some more.

Thanks again.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks again for the prayers, everyone. The surgery went well, though it was more difficult than the surgeon expected. Mom's going to be on some really good painkillers for the next few days, so she won't be coming home til Saturday at the earliest.

bookishwondertwins

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, all! I'm new here but would love to post a prayer request because I've been praying for this every day and thought it would be nice to pray for others and get some support as well! I currently have ten full manuscript requests and am really just praying that one of them sees the potential and is moved to get the story out into the world. One of my main desires in securing an agent is to learn from them and grow as a writer. Thank you all and I'm so happy to be part of this community!

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, everybody. Mom checked out of the hospital Saturday afternoon and is doing fine, considering the circumstances. A nurse will be coming over every few days to see how she's doing and do a few medical things, so we won't be going this totally alone. I've heard talk about physical therapy at home, too. (I never realized Mom was going to get house calls after surgery!) So Mom's all right for now and being fairly well taken care of.

Thanks again.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Good to hear, AZ!

Yes, there are sometimes house calls after surgery or other major hospitalizations.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like I spoke to soon; Mom's gonna need more prayers.

Not going to go into the gross medical details, but Mom's having a complication. Fortunately the surgeon had an appointment slot free. Mom is probably in with them by now.

Thank you.

Update: She's back from the appointment. She's fine, and the problem wasn't as serious as our worries made it out to be. Still, better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Didn't see this until after the problem was taken care of. May she continue to heal. And peace be with your nerves. And your family's also.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers sent.
When I had my surgery, physical therapists came to my house. Very nice.
Oh and hi. I haven’t been here in a while.

Evelyn Michelle

Evelyn Michelle
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted my first short story to a magazine for publication, I need the money to afford the editing and cover for my next.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers sent, Evelyn.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like Mom's surgery stuff may not be over; she has to go in for a CT scan Saturday. Not going into gross medical details, but there's a possibility the surgery may have accidentally damaged a nearby body part. She could use more prayers.

Also, my divorced sister finally has the court date concerning her son's education scheduled for Monday. Unfortunately, her attorney has a scheduling conflict and can't be there. We hope they can get her court date rescheduled, though family court has screwed her over before. At any rate, she and her kids need some big time prayers, too.

With all the things happening to our family now, we could all use some prayers, especially for patience and mental strength.

Thank you.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers sent, AZ.