Prayer requests.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for your prayers, everyone. BIL's mother made it through surgery and is recovering.

Thanks again.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great news, AZ. :Hug2:

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Please keep praying for Sis, BIL, and their family; things have gone south for BIL's mother. She's at home and supposed to be recovering, but instead she seems to have had some sort of mental breakdown. She's refusing medication and doesn't seem to recognize anyone in the family, including her husband. BIL is at his parents' house and has told Sis not to bring the boys over so they don't see their grandmother like this. Everybody's going to need big time prayers, because this isn't good.

Thank you.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Praying that everyone gets through this period of time with grace and dignity, in whatever way that happens to be.

(And folks, I just want to say that surgeries for elderly people where the prognosis is poor isn't the world's best idea. And this is why. It can lead to mental deterioration. Says someone who watched her fatigued, but otherwise sane, mother slip into dementia after open heart surgery at age 86.)

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Siri Kirpal, for both the prayers and the explanation. Her behavior makes more sense now.

Sadly, she died last night. The living could still use prayers, though.

Thank you.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for your prayers, everyone. My BIL, little sis, and nephews seem to be holding up OK. From what I gather, the rest of his family is doing OK-ish.

And yet in these sad days, there is some very good news. The charges against my eldest nephew have been dismissed without prejudice. The other party didn't show up; only their lawyer did. Doesn't mean they can't go for a retrial, but the judge told their lawyer that would be a bad idea. Hopefully that will discourage them.

Thanks again.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Tomorrow, my nephew goes to camp. He'll probably be alright, but a few prayers for his health and well-being would be nice.

In a few weeks, his mother is going to have foot surgery. Two bunions removed with a possible big toe joint replacement. She, too, will probably be alright, but some prayers for her would be good as well.

Thank you.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, everyone. I got the time of her surgery wrong, though; it was actually on Friday. She got through it okay, and is recovering. She's in a lot of pain, though, and still could use some prayers.

Thanks again.

Desertphile

Banned
Reaction score
Website
davidmichaelrice.com
AW Admin said:
Desertphile

I've removed your post

Please pray that humanity will one day understand that praying works as well as shaking a bloody chicken feather in the air, and that gods do not exist.

From the Office Party Prayer Requests thread.

I am entirely uninterested in your personal religious or philosophical beliefs.

You maliciously attempted to insert them in a harmless thread that wasn't proselytizing or hurting you in any way.

Besides being offensive, and needlessly mean, you violated the basic tenet of Respecting Your Fellow Writers (RYFW) explained in The Newbie Guide to Absolute Write.

Don't piss on someone else's efforts to do some good just because they aren't your particular methods.

Lisa
AW Admin

Are adults not allowed to participate here?

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A blanket get-well prayer this morning for all who are ailing.

My hip, knee, and relationship with Kay all survived our move from city center to the outskirts of Albany.

Thank you. If prayers didn't help, they sure made us feel good. :greenie

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

The husband of one of my cousins has been acting weirdly, and it turns out he's got lymphoma of the central nervous system. My cousin and her son are having to deal with a very sudden onslaught of demented behavior. None of this creeps up on you business. Please pray for them to have what they need to handle the situation...and for him to heal, if that's divine will.

Thanks and God bless.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

The husband of one of my cousins has been acting weirdly, and it turns out he's got lymphoma of the central nervous system. My cousin and her son are having to deal with a very sudden onslaught of demented behavior. None of this creeps up on you business. Please pray for them to have what they need to handle the situation...and for him to heal, if that's divine will.

Thanks and God bless.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Prayers sent, Siri.

RCRichardson

Registered
Reaction score

Thanks and God bless.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Praying.

As I have not seen this thread until now, I am also praying for everyone else who has so requested. Amen.