Prayer requests.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Please send prayers for GailD; her husband passed this morning.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

I'm so very sorry to hear that.

Sending prayers for GailD and her family at this sad time.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers sent, Siri Kirpal.

Mom gets her last chemo treatment tomorrow...maybe. She was supposed to have her last treatment 2 weeks ago, but her platelets were too low both weeks. Please pray for her.

Please pray for my sister and her son as well. They're meeting meeting with his principle tomorrow because he's about 4 in-house suspensions from expulsion. Her ex might be there, too, so things could get interesting, to put it mildly. (Most of the infractions occurred during his time.)

Thank you.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Please pray for my husband. He's in the hospital, and we're not sure yet if he will need surgery.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Prayers sent, Siri. Hope hubs is better soon.

Mom gets her last chemo treatment tomorrow...maybe. She was supposed to have her last treatment 2 weeks ago, but her platelets were too low both weeks. Please pray for her.

Please pray for my sister and her son as well. They're meeting meeting with his principle tomorrow because he's about 4 in-house suspensions from expulsion. Her ex might be there, too, so things could get interesting, to put it mildly. (Most of the infractions occurred during his time.)

Thank you.

Prayers sent, AZ.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your prayers, everybody.

First, the good news: Mom finished her last treatment yesterday. Now she only has to see the doctor every other week for a year or two, just to make sure everything's OK.

Now for the bad news. I have no idea what happened at the meeting (she didn't say and I thought it best not to ask), but apparently it didn't work. My nephew is now one suspension away from expulsion and there are definite signs that he's trying to get expelled and his father (Sis's ex-husband) is encouraging it. Sis will be taking to her lawyer about this. Things are about to get very nasty.

I am so sad and angry that this is happening. Sis put him in this school last year because it had small classes and a low bullying and fighting record. He was making friends for the first time in years. He loved his teachers and everything. He was a relatively model despite the absences on his father's weeks. He only got into serious trouble twice. He even said that if he couldn't be homeschooled he'd like to return to this school. And now that Sis won complete control over education, he's about to screw himself out of the one school he never got bullied at. And we strongly suspect his high-school dropout father is telling, or at least implying to him that if he gets expelled Sis will have to agree to homeschooling. But it doesn't work that way, and he's going to learn that in the hardest way.

Please pray for all of us.

Thank you.

ETA: Also, due to my nephew needing to retrieve some things from Sis's house yesterday, her ex now knows where she keeps the spare key and probably the combination to the lock where it's kept. Definitely pray for her.

Last edited:

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for your prayers, everyone. Unfortunately, my nephew was expelled today. To make matters worse, the hunt for a therapist isn't going well, with at least one shrink not answering Sis's calls for weeks. We're all going to need some big time prayers; for a decent therapist and new school for him, and a lot of patience for the rest of us. There's another possible problem connected to this, but I don't know how to put it into words. Please pray for help with that problem, too.

Thank you.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, everyone. There's some good news on the school front, at least. My nephew has been enrolled in the K-8 school where his mom teaches and his 1st day is tomorrow (by the way, she doesn't teach his grade). I don't know if this is a til-the-end-of the-year thing or just until she finds somewhere better, but at least it's school. Please pray him.

Thank you.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad the prayers are helping, AZ.

More sent. :Hug2:

Alan Aspie

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, how sweet of you, Alan!

May your prayers bounce back and bless you too. :Hug2:

Well, thank you.

God has blessed me with stubborn personality, hate for unnecessary whining & self-martyrdom and autistic mind which suits well for multidimensional thinking - and some other things.

But I'd like some of you to remember bullied and lonely kids in your prayers. And any babies who are in any kind of mortal danger.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for your prayers, everyone. The good news is that my nephew now has a therapist. The bad news is his father (my sister's ex-husband) found them for him. Ex went behind sis's back, essential saying that he had more time to look for a shrink than she did (she's employed and he's not). Yes, it's stomping on the court decision, but she can't cancel the appointment without looking like the bad guy. So, prayers are needed that this doesn't go south (I'm not sure I can trust the judgment of someone who consistently says there's nothing wrong), and that my nephew is going to get the treatment he needs.

Also please pray for my stepniece, who will be giving birth within the next couple of weeks. She doesn't seem to be having any problems with her pregnancy, but prayers are still welcome.

Thank you.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your prayers, everybody. Unfortunately, more family members need prayers. Little sis's MIL is in the hospital; something to do with her heart. Little sis and my BIL will be visiting her tomorrow. Please pray for them and theirs.

Thank you.

PS: My stepniece from last post is Little Sis's stepdaughter.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Prayers sent for all of the above, AZ.

Sending prayers for all the souls devastated by the CA fires. Sending prayers for all Jews worldwide. (My mother's maid of honor 70 years ago was a Jew from Pittsburgh.)

Sending prayers to all of you here and all of you off writing or doing other good deeds.

God bless us, every one.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score

Thanks for your prayers, everyone. My stepniece gave birth to a boy on Monday. As far as I know, they're both in good health. Little Sis is now a grandmother, My mom is a great-grandmother, two of my nephews are uncles, and now I'm a great-aunt.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Thanks for your prayers, everyone. My stepniece gave birth to a boy on Monday. As far as I know, they're both in good health. Little Sis is now a grandmother, My mom is a great-grandmother, two of my nephews are uncles, and now I'm a great-aunt.

Congratulations to all, AZ

Prayers sent to all those who need them.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
This is probably one of my more surreal prayer requests.

A kid at the school my sister teaches at and her son attends was a victim of a hit-and-run and might not make it. He and his family could use some prayers.

Here's where things get weird. Since my nephew has attended this school there was only one incident of bullying towards him; the kid who was hit was one of the bullies. My nephew has social and mental issues, so when someone told him about the kid in the hospital, he said that the kid deserved to die. A not cool, and very worrisome, attitude. This naturally upset the kid's friends, and apparently one of them threatened to stab him if the kid died.

So now we need to worried both about him and for him. Sis is in tears over this. He ex probably won't be happy, either. This happened only 2 days after he was told by someone knowledgeable that, yes, he is legally obliged to send my nephew to school.

Please prayer for us all.

Thank you.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

An understandable attitude, but...

Yes, sending prayers right now! And may the kid who was hit learn compassion from this pain. I am wondering if it might be a good idea for your sis to talk to the kid's parents and explain the situation?

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, everyone. Last I heard the kid is still alive. Apparently he was doing some sort of challenge (dance challenge?) in the street when he was hit, and what my nephew said was more along the lines of "Well, if he's that stupid, he deserved it." Still not nice, but less disturbing.

Prayers still needed.

Thank you.