The Legend of Korra

S. Eli

Custom User Title
Registered
Reaction score
I skipped season 2 completely because, well, you all know. But I got back into season three and waited literally no time for season 4 and honestly it's only me and one other friend that still watches it and with that CRAZY FINALE that's even making headlines all of my other friends that stopped watching are trying to pump us for information.

Last edited:

wotcherH

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished watching the last episode.

*cries*

It was amazing.

harmonyisarine

Registered
Reaction score
Perfect ending.

Just... perfect.

*sighs contently*

This was pretty much my reaction to it. I could never imagine how they'd end the show but then it all wound down to that very last shot and it was perfect.

This show certainly put me through the wringer, though. I'd been watching A:tLA since episode 1 aired, figuring that if my younger siblings insisted on watching Nick we'd at least watch something that seemed sorta tolerable. In college, my friends made fun of me for watching Nickelodeon (they came around eventually, as Book 3 was ending), but by then the show was too good to let it get to me.

And then book 2 of Korra...

I get why Book 1 had its issues, they kept being told they'd have different numbers of episodes, but Book 2 made me want to stop watching. I am so glad I didn't.

Mike and Bryan each have posts on their blogs about the ending now, for those who are interested in that sort of thing.

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
Mike and Bryan each have posts on their blogs about the ending now, for those who are interested in that sort of thing.
What they both said was incredibly touching. I don't know if it was their intention to be as groundbreaking as they've been since season 1 of A:tLA, but they've really gone above and beyond regarding diversity, story, and art for US animation.

Looking forward to the comic.

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
Just watched the last six episodes last night in a marathon of awesome.

I loved the final battle. Everything just seemed to happen so organically. I also loved the fact that the two most powerful characters in the story were both female and the fact that everyone's motivations made complete sense. It felt like a realistic, well-thought-out world. This season addressed so many serious issues, many of which felt put to the side or oversimplified in earlier seasons. (Not the least of which being that idea that if you're almost killed in horrible ways multiple times, it could actually mess with you emotionally.) I could go on for a while.

As for the ending scene, I don't think it was as powerful for me as it was for other viewers. I've just never cared about Korra's love life. I've never cared about Asami as a character. I think a part of me hoped that Korra didn't end up with anyone at the end. (This is why I shouldn't beta-read romance novels.)

However, I understand why it meant so much to so many people.

On an unrelated note, I kinda wish the Fire Nation royal family had gotten as much screen time and development as the Beifong family. But I totally realize that's the fangirl in me talking. ^_^;;

Last edited:

harmonyisarine

Registered
Reaction score
What they both said was incredibly touching. I don't know if it was their intention to be as groundbreaking as they've been since season 1 of A:tLA, but they've really gone above and beyond regarding diversity, story, and art for US animation.

Looking forward to the comic.

I just learned about the comic and could not be more excited. I was worried that the... disagreements between Bryke and Nickelodeon would cut off other stories being told in this universe. Glad to see that's not the case.

S. Eli

Custom User Title
Registered
Reaction score
Because it had 2 of the best episodes in the entire franchise, including the Avatar TLA?
I'll take your word for it. I skipped season 2 because season 1 was such a let down I didn't plan on returning to the show at all.

As for the ending scene, I don't think it was as powerful for me as it was for other viewers. I've just never cared about Korra's love life. I've never cared about Asami as a character. I think a part of me hoped that Korra didn't end up with anyone at the end.
I agree with both statements--didn't care about Korra's love life or Asami--but it was powerful because you were like "naaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh" and then it was like "oh, wow they actually did it???!?"

However, I did care about Korra's love life once. When she liked Mako, I very passionately did not like him. He wasn't funny or cool--like a pre-awesome Katara. Still don't care for him but that may be because I skipped most of his parts ever since i picked the show back up -_-

Databear

Registered
Reaction score
I like some of the decisions they made on this one. The style is Steam Punk urban setting. They have really thought about how "bending" in society would evolve over two generations from the last show. The whole idea of a bending sport is brilliant.
I enjoyed this show.

TheDarrow

Registered
Reaction score
I binge-watched this entire series with my family recently. Tears were shed, laughs were had, cheers were cried when villains were defeated, and we all punched the air upon seeing the final scene of the series between Korra and Asami.

Brilliant storytelling, marvelous art work and animation in every way that counts, and a huge amount of points to The Legend of Korra for having an utterly spectacular, believable female lead.

I still remember the mournful, heartbroken cries my family wailed when they heard that Season 4 was the final season. *sigh*

Ah, good times.