Cover of Suzanne Palmer's book Finder

AW Amazon Store

AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: My first novel as an e-book

Threaded View

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

My first novel as an e-book

Hello everyone, many would've read already my other posts and know this, but I'm making a small introduction anyways.
    I'm Javier, 20 y/old from Mexico, and I wrote a Fantasy/Adventure novel 2 years ago. I self-published myself after paying an editor to take a look, make a cover for it, etc. I printed 200 copies a few months ago, but I'm not really a known/famous author.
    I want to give my novel as much reach as possible, so I investigated e-publishing and my work has just been included on the smashwords premium catalog, and my book has been published on kindle since like 3 weeks.
    I don't really know what price to sell it. I started at 9.99. (My printed books are selling for 19.99, so I figured half the price would be ok.) I haven't sold a book. I don't do much promotion, but I have links to my novel on my deviantart site, facebook page, and the like.
    I just put down the price at 7.99 a few days ago, but still haven't sold anything yet.
    What pricing do you recommend? I really want people to read my work, but I don't want to give it for free, you know.
    Thanks everyone!
    I saw a thread by this guy named Nick that sold like 190 on 10 days. He priced 0.99 on kindle. Should I do the same?

EDIT: It's for free now!
    Last edited by Javier; 09-01-2011 at 03:59 AM. Reason: data add
    My free-for-the-public novel (in spanish): https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/72493