Orphaned

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where else to put this...

My book was out for little over a month before the publisher decided to downsize, releasing most of its authors from their contracts. I had two contracts with them, one of which never saw release.

I'm kind of numb/confused. Now what? Is the book that saw shelf life for a month completely unpublishable now? The sales weren't great for that month, but considering the problems the company was having, I don't think it got much of a chance.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
(((APM))) That is awful.

I suggest you query the book that WASN'T published. Then, when you have an agent or an editor, you can interest them in a reprint of the second book that was published so briefly. If that doesn't work, you can self-pub that book before or after the first to build a readership.

Neither book is dead in the water. You may have a better chance for readers now than with a fading company.

gayle12

Write. Edit. Publish. Repeat.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gaylefmoffet.com
Given what you just went through, I'd say definitely query the second book first. It's not your fault the house downsized, and it's not your fault your book got caught in the crossfire of all that mess, but best to back burner the published one for the time being. If you're with the same agent, it'd be a good idea to brainstorm some plans for dealing with what's happened. Good luck!

Gayle

kenpochick

I should be writing, not on AW.:-)
Registered
Reaction score
((BIG HUGS)) I agree with the other advice. It's not lost. You could try to find the first book a new home and explain the problem with the publisher house going under or you could self publish.

Status
Not open for further replies.