Hey everyone,

Some of you know I'm the new managing editor at Aspen Mountain Press and I'm really excited to announce a project that's been dear to my heart. AMP is launching a new imprint--Aura Speculative Fiction--on October 1, 2011. Aura is now accepting submissions for all types of spec fic: sci fi, fantasy, horror, steampunk, cyber punk, all the punks--every conceivable sub-genre of speculative fiction is what we're looking for. The head editor of Aura is herself a Nebula and Locus-nominated writer, and Aura will be a writer-friendly environment for SF authors.

We are also launching a YA sub-division of the Aura imprint--Aura Star--that will publish YA/MG speculative fiction of all types.

Aura submission guidelines can be found at http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/au...s/info_12.html and submissions can be sent to me at AMPSubmissions (at) gmail (dot) com.

We are really excited to be launching this new SF imprint. We're looking for stories of all lengths--including short stories and collections, epics and series. The only thing we are NOT looking for under the SF umbrella is SF erotica. Those stories will continue to be published through AMP, so as to keep our YA line from sharing the stage with erotic titles.

I thought the AWers would be interested to hear about this. I'm looking forward to seeing whatever you want to send.