Celtx page count too high

Technicalglitch

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

When I write in Celtx, my screenplay shows as having 141 pages. Page breaks are visible. When I save it to PDF, it actually has 114 pages. Page breaks are in different places in the pdf than where they show up in writing mode.

Is there any way to fix this, and have actual pages in the correct length display in writing mode? The pages in writing mode are meaningless otherwise.

Thanks to anyone with any advice!

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
That happens to me too. I'm pretty sure the page count is an estimate based on the number of lines or something, but doesn't take into account formatting, etc. In my experience, the page count is consistently higher in the program as opposed to the PDF.

cameron_chapman

Makes Things Up
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cameronchapman.com
Yep, I've noticed this, too. I have yet to find any way to get them to match up. What I normally do is just check between the two versions on a regular basis to get an idea of where I am.

ETA: Here's what the Celtx wiki has to say:
The pagination that occurs while editing is an approximation; you can't rely on the page breaks appearing where the editor indicates they will, regardless of which printing technique you use (print or Generate PDF). The page breaks are approximate because the pagination is done client-side, rather than server-side as is done when generating a PDF; for local printing, Celtx is a little inconsistent and will even get pagination it does itself wrong. Page counts are approximate for the same reason.

Last edited:

Technicalglitch

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Maybe they'll fix that one day. I shuffle between the two a lot too, guess I'll keep doing that.

Dwaltjj

Registered
Reaction score
I just ignore the page count in the editor these days. Its easy enough to click over to the typeset/pdf tab to check it out. Its sort of become part of my workflow like hitting apple+s