E3 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
E3 pretty much just made me even more excited for the games I was already looking forward to.

Batman: Arkham City, Gears of War 3, Assassin's Creed: Revelations...all looked great.

Uncharted 3 looks to be amazing.

And...I'm quite certain that Mass Effect 3 will be the most epic game ever. I'm disappointed that its release was pushed back until next March but I was really impressed with the walkthroughs I watched. I don't own a Kinect and have no plans to ever purchase one but I thought that Bioware put a pretty cool spin on incorporating the voice functionality of the Kinect with ME3 gameplay.

The reveal of the Wii U was pretty "meh" to me. For one, it's a pretty stupid name. "Wii U" sounds too much like "Pee yew!" to me which makes me think it will stink like a turd. "Wii 2" still sounds dumb, but at least better than what they chose. This could wind up being a really cool system but for right now it seems that it might turn into the next Gamecube (or Sega Saturn).

The potential of the game controller's touch screen seems cool (reminded me of what the old Dreamcast controller could have been) and will be something neat that game developers can play around with but all the Wii U's unveiling did was make me look more forward to Microsoft's and Sony's eventual Generation 8 console intros.

Last edited:

Jakman217

Mage and Zombie killer
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't watch them as I have been dead in the water, but I have heard a few things on the next Playstation.
I heard around 500 gig memory and bigger and a few other things I can't remember. But, I heard they may start to drop disc based games and go for purely downloaded games, although I think this won't happen for a long while, most of us aren't ready I think.

As for the new Wii, I think after the gamecube Nintendo has fallen from my favor. While motion control is cool and all, it has its limits. I would rather sit down and be lazy rather than stand and bust a move. The new Wii with the touch screen controller is kinda neat, but unless they have some magic no slip screen I think that it will be a flop. Even a little water on a iPhone screen makes it almost useless, (To control not stopping it entirely).

Status
Not open for further replies.