What AWer book are you currently reading?

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At a leisurely pace reading classics "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" by Ken Kesey. It seems that the author just draws the comparison between sane and insane not telling openly what he thinks about the world. )) Anyway it really helps you to start looking at life from different perspectives.

Think you've got the wrong thread, August R. This one's about reading books by members of Absolute Write. You probably want this one instead.

I've been reading Mortom by Erik Therme (aka etherme). Enjoying it thus far.

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Light Switch by Lauren Gallagher (aka thinker42). Not bad at all (which in my vernacular ,means...pretty damned good smut :)).

Last edited:

Crayonz

Tribal Flame Warden Ducky
Registered
Reaction score
Read all of the Adrienne Kress (a.k.a. Toothpaste) books I could get my hands on (I think I may have missed one...) and ohmygoodness! I have another name to add to my favorite authors list. <3

Currently working on The Deepest Ocean by Marian Perera (a.k.a. Queen of Swords).

WaveHopper

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished ZERO SUM GAME by SL Huang. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Fast paced action, corkscrew plot, a touch of supernatural, and a global conspiracy.
Aside from that, there's the delicious tease of an unreliable narrator who is one step behind the reader in a slow burn realization that things aren't what they seem. Very skilfully done. I'll keep an eye out for the next one.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
I am currently reading Feather Bound By Sarah Raughley.

It's very good,the characters vivid and the plot different from what I thought it would be. She totally surprised me!

Lilfairy

Enjoying insanity
Registered
Reaction score
Message deleted as it wasn't relevant to this thread. Sorry

Last edited:

Lauram6123

Registered
Reaction score
I'm about 80 pages into A Dangerous Fiction by Barbara Rogan. (Barbara R.) I'd highly recommend it, especially since it takes place in the world of agents, publishers and struggling writers.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading "Back in the Habit" by Alice Loweecey, aka Calla Lily. It's book 2 in her ex-nun-turns-PI mystery series. Read book 1 over the last couple of days.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Just picked up Heir to the Jedi before realizing it's written by AW's own Kevin Hearne. I've only read the first of his Iron Druid Chronicles, but I loved that, so I know this is gonna be fun.

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Just ordered a copy of The Girl They Sold to the Moon. It sounds really good, so looking forward to when it arrives! My list and pile of TBR books does keep growing exponentially at the moment, so it might be June before I actually get to read it >.>

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com
I'm currently reading "Swords and Scoundrels" by AW's own Julia Knight, aka MrFlibble. I'm only about a third of the way in so far but it's brilliant, and much swash is buckled!

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
AWER Jamie Mason's Three Graves Full is saving my sanity. Stuck in the hospital and could not get into any book. I pulled up dozens on my eReader and gave up on each one. Then I saw I bought Three Graves Full and it pulled me right in. Such great writing.

Pony.

Aspiring supervillain
Registered
Reaction score
M.S.Wiggins' new one, Gamma.

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
The Second Moon's Barney and Mr. Thomas.

I already posted this review elsewhere, but I think this would be a better spot for it:

This book is everything that an mg book should be: funny, creative, and educational.

This was the funniest book I've ever read. Laughs for all ages that doesn't include body humor or cheap gags. It was funny from the beginning to the end.

Also super creative. How do other authors think of this kind of stuff? I was deeply engaged, and blasted through it in two days.

This book, being a sci-fi, was also educational, but not to the point that you're aware of it. It's more full of science fun facts than being a lecture.

Five stars, you have to read this. Can't wait for the sequel.

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
I finished starrystorm's Futuristic Urban Fantasy YA novel, The Door in my Hand.

I rate it 4.5 stars.

I only bumped it down half a star because some of the action was hard to follow, but WOW was this a fantastic book.

I loved how Hannah Strom made both of the main characters have distinct voices. I was mesmerized by her unique world building, too, but the voice sold it for me.

The imagery was so special and did I mention how much I loved the main characters' voices?

Anyways, if you want a book that is full of action and creativity, this is the book for you.

Animad345

Registered
Reaction score
Several novels by Hannah Moskowitz, including Not Otherwise Specified.

It's wild to look at the Young Adult forum and see her Sticky thread under 'ShadyLane' and know it's the same person. Very inspirational.

writing17

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished reading The Obsession by Jesse Q Soetanto last week (4.5/5). I'm going to start reading one of her books called Dial A for Aunties, I heard her latest book is hilarious yet thrilling at the same time.

Earlier this year I've finished reading Defending Jacob by William Landay, A Very Punchable Face-A Memoir by Colin Jost, Call Me By Your Name & Find Me by Andre Aciman.

And later this year I'm planning to read a few of Kazuo Ishiguro's books. I always admire his style of writing. My all-time favorite is Nocturnes: Five Stories of Music & Nightfall.

Reactions: be frank

Leeris

Registered
Reaction score
This morning I had an appointment and knew I'd be in the waiting room for a bit so was looking for a book to bring with me.

On my To Read stack I found the urban fantasy "Unholy Ghosts" by AWer Stacia Kane - I'd bought it several weeks ago but hadn't started it yet, beyond the few pages I'd read in the bookstore.

(Yes, I'm one of those people who still go to bookstores.)

Wow! I am so blown away by this - reminds me again of how many different people we have here at AW, with beginners rubbing elbows with those who have established writing careers.

It also makes me feel kinda bad about my own writing in comparison, but that's a different story. :cry:

So, whose book are you reading? Fiction or Non, Paper Book or eBook, what's in your hands?
I thought Janet Evanovich was amazing and immediately put her on my list of writers to read. She held that for me for two or three books, but now I've just cracked One For The Money, and though it is great, I'm saddened to realize that Janet Evanovich is not, in fact, God.

I read the first Mirderbot Diary recently and wasn't happy with the ending, but that did not ruin it for me. I will read more of the Murderbot Diaries.