What AWer book are you currently reading?

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
This morning I had an appointment and knew I'd be in the waiting room for a bit so was looking for a book to bring with me.

On my To Read stack I found the urban fantasy "Unholy Ghosts" by AWer Stacia Kane - I'd bought it several weeks ago but hadn't started it yet, beyond the few pages I'd read in the bookstore.

(Yes, I'm one of those people who still go to bookstores.)

Wow! I am so blown away by this - reminds me again of how many different people we have here at AW, with beginners rubbing elbows with those who have established writing careers.

It also makes me feel kinda bad about my own writing in comparison, but that's a different story. :cry:

So, whose book are you reading? Fiction or Non, Paper Book or eBook, what's in your hands?

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday I read "Arbor Day" by Manuel Royal in Short Story America. Delightfully twisted in its understated way.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Currently reading The First Ghost by Soccer Mom. I betaed it quite a while ago, and it's so neat to see its final incarnation. It's a charming and humorous read. I wish I could be as funny as Soccer Mom in my own writing!

Last edited:

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Funny--I'm reading Soccer Mom's next release, Death By Scandal, which is coming out August 1.

Okay, okay--I'm actually editing it, but who wants to be picky? Besides, it was a good chance to plug the book. :p

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
I read it quite some time ago, but Jamie Ford's Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet is wonderful. My MIL borrowed it two weeks ago, finished it in two days and then gave it to her sister to read.
My kids loved Dee Garretson's Wildfire Run.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just read Beyond Friends by Xondra Day. (Brainstorm77) Next AW up is Heart's Desire by Marialyss McKinley (Regdog). Oh, and I'm reading the newest Celina Summers, but y'all don't get to read them until her agent sells them. Nyah! Nyah!

Juniper, go ahead and get all of Stacia's Downside books. I stayed up all night finishing the last one. So good!

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished Hounded by Kevin Hearne (Oberon89). Looooved it. Waiting impatiently for the next two, now. :D

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
A few weeks back I read Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz (Shadylane)
It was the first ever AW author book I picked up (that I know of lol) and it won't be the last. I have tons of AW'ers in my TBR pile.

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
I've recently read both Kevin Hearne's first novel Hounded and A Devil in the Details by K.A. Stewart. Both were very entertaining reads.

Last edited:

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
A couple of months ago I finished Bedtime Story by willietheshakes (aka Robert J. Wiersema). Great book!

LilliCray

Plot? What plot?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mutteringsofascribe.blogspot.com
The only AWer book I've read (that I know of) is Thor by Wayne Smith (aka wayndom). I didn't know about AW at the time. One day I was perusing a thread and for whatever reason wayndom was describing the plot of his book to illustrate a point and I was like "OMGoshcraplouise! I've TOTALLY read that book!" It was awesome. The book was awesome, too.

Okay, *technically* I'm not currently reading any AWer books, but I've really, really been wanting to pick up both Stacia Kane's Downside books, and also Gini Koch's Alien books (username JeanneTGC). And eventually, I will get to read them! Eventually!

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently reading rugcat's (John Levitt's) Play Dead. I love this series so much.

eward

Registered
Reaction score
Website
openpresencenow.com
The Fiddler's Gun by A.S. Peterson! I don't remember his un here, but I've seen the cover art around. I'm about 65% through on my Kindle. Trying to find time to finish it!

TCnKC

Registered
Reaction score
I just read Hounded by Kevin Hearne (Oberon89) a couple of weeks ago and I was hooked. Interesting characters and great humor(laughed out loud quite a few times.) Really eager to read the 2nd book(Hexed.) This might be another must read series to add to the shelf.

I'm going to check out other AWer's over the next few months as well. Should be fun.

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
I've read BREAK by ShadyLane. Loved it and reccommended it to all my friends (although I can only get it via Amazon because I'm in the UK).