Not open for further replies.

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Because her cable got whacked by a passing truck and she's going to be offline for a day or so.

She phoned me and asked that I reassure folks that everything seems on target for the official release tomorrow.

So consider yourselves reassured. :)

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
well thats it.... that is all I need after a day like today...
I am going to sit myself right down and have a glass of wine...
and nobody is going to stop me...

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
biotales said:

OK. At least I'll be busy with Nano writing.
But I'm with you Biotales...
Only I'm making mine a Margarita.

And then I'm not going to panic and just wait till Jenna is back online.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
We've Arrived

Sorry Jenna about the cable problem. I know it's a pain to be without the internet. Thanks AKAeraser for informing us.

Congratulations everyone on the release of Stories of Strength.
Ladies and Gentlemen, please give yourselves a standing ovation. It is well deserved. Jenna thank you for flipping the light on. We shall truly shine.
Here's a toast..............

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
biotales said:

we won't tell if you have more than one...

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna update:

I got off the phone with Jenna about half an hour ago. Can't believe how nervous I was speaking with her 'in person' for the first time. What am I, sixteen? Sheesh.
tongue.gif

Anyway, as Frank mentioned, her cable was taken out by a passing truck -- and ONLY HER cable. Can you believe it? Of all the times for something like this to happen. She hopes it will be repaired later today.

Jenna told me she was speaking to someone from California about SoS (no, not Governor Arnie). I don't want to get any of the info wrong, so I'll let her tell you all about it when she gets back online. Suffice it to say that while there is nothing definite yet, there is a possibility of getting a large number of copies of SoS ordered and sent out to that beautiful state. Stay tuned....

(ain't I a stinker?)

Last edited:

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I MADE IT!

HI!

There was something almost laughably cursed about yesterday. The boards went down, so I popped into the chat room to tell people I knew about it and was working on it. But there was no one there for me to reassure. A few minutes later, Alphabet came in. I was just explaining the problem and telling her not to fear and that we'd be back online soon, when...

Before my very eyes, that damn truck came and snapped my cable wire in half.

Luckily, the cable company agreed that it was an emergency and sent someone to fix it today-- and I'm back, good as new. :)

The California State Library Commissioner called last night about SoS. She is working closely with Operation USA and is interested in figuring out how we can help each other. Could be pretty neat!

I will have more news to report shortly, but just wanted to pop in quick to let you know I'm back, I've started ordering review copies (if you've asked me for copies, they'll be shipped within the next few days), and everything's pretty splendid. ;)

The person at Lulu who did the formatting got the book down to 316 pages, which reduces the printing cost a little. So the price you see on the e-book is the "total profit price"-- $5.08 per book goes to disaster relief charities.

Now we need a goal: How much money do we want to raise...

-by the end of this week?

-by the end of the month?

-by the end of the year?

-in total?

I think it'll be fun to watch us meet and beat these goals!

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back Jenna. I think a goal is wonderful to have. I plan to buy several copies. Many of my colleagues, family and friends will also. They were all waiting on a release date, and since we've arrived, I'm putting together a sleek email and a souvenir package for them. My family is so souvenirish....I know that's not a word, but heck it sounds good right about now. My job is really supporting us in this effort as well. So the numbers shall rise.

Way to go Stories of Strength Contributors:)

Status
Not open for further replies.