• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Hannigan Salky Getzler Agency

noneofusis

Registered
Reaction score
Got a partial request through #PitMad from assistant, Danielle Burby today, so we'll see how that goes. Anyone have any recent information on her?

JohannaC

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query last month. From the posts it appears to take a long time to hear back.

JohannaC

Registered
Reaction score
Sent query to Danielle Burby 5/29/14; rejection 7/15/14.

a. climacus

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone had experience with Jesseca Salky or know anything about her?

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
According to Publisher's Marketplace, a number of foreign rights have been sold for novels Jesseca Salky reps during the last year. I see one debut novel sold to Syracuse University Press and one novel sold to Knopf press, which I'd never heard of, but they seem to be associated with Doubleday and to handle both fiction of a more mainstream or serious bent and non fiction.

I've been researching this agency too, but since I write fantasy, I tend to get glassy eyed about sales that aren't to big five imprints like Tor/Orbit/Baen/Roc/Ace and so on ;)

Last edited:

Laura S

I hear make-believe people!
Registered
Reaction score
I queried HSG yesterday, to Josh in particular, with a cozy mystery. Query letter and first five pages, per their query guidelines. I popped it off at 1:07 p.m., and I received a request for the full ms from Danielle Burby at 3:28 p.m. I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I queried HSG yesterday, to Josh in particular, with a cozy mystery. Query letter and first five pages, per their query guidelines. I popped it off at 1:07 p.m., and I received a request for the full ms from Danielle Burby at 3:28 p.m. I'm hoping that's a good sign.

I queried Josh on July 17th, got an out of office reply, but nothing since. Wondering if I should nudge to make sure it didn't end up in some other folder.

merlot143

Registered
Reaction score
Chumplet, what's your experience with Danielle Burby? Did she ever get back to you?

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Chumplet, what's your experience with Danielle Burby? Did she ever get back to you?

Oh, gosh; sorry I didn't jump back on to say that Danielle had responded in March with a kind rejection, but I had never received it because I had switched email providers.

When I nudged shortly afterward, she responded to the nudge with the forwarded rejection and a nice note wishing me luck moving forward.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
From PM:

Soumeya Bendimerad Roberts has joined Hannigan Salky Getzler Agency as agent and rights director. She will be focusing on her literary fiction, narrative non-fiction list, and young adult list. Roberts was most recently an agent at Writers House.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
From the Lunch:

Victoria Wells Arms is joining Hannigan Salky Getzler Agency as of May 1, bringing her clients over from Wells Arms Literary.

EvilPenguin

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is interested in an update for this agency, but I was at a conference this past weekend and met with agent Rhea Lyons and just wanted to say that she is awesome. Super friendly and seems like she'd be a great agent to work with. I really loved her personality and she gave me some great tips for my WIP.

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Victoria Wells Arms 4/26/22.

Rejection email 5/9/22.

Reactions: Maggie Maxwell