• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Hannigan Salky Getzler Agency

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From today's Publisher's Lunch (link will only work if you subscribe):

Starting today Carrie Hannigan, Jesseca Salky and Josh Getzler will launch the Hannigan Salky Getzler Agency (HSG), representing a range of authors across literary genres, including fiction and non-fiction, in children's and adult titles. The three arrive from Russell & Volkening, Inc.

Website. (Or, should be soon...)

Ruth2

Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, I tried the url and got a web hosting site asking for my account number. Web site must not be active yet.

Last edited:

Bron

Registered
Reaction score
Just checked the link and it's now working. It says:
HSG Agency website coming soon!
Hello, and thanks for checking out HSG Agency. Please bookmark this page, and check back soon to see the new website!

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Josh updated his PM page, so his query guidelines and new email address are current there.

bunderful

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Didn't realize this was so recent. I just sent a query to the new address. What are the chances they are crazy busy? Has anyone had any responses yet?

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
They're up on QT now and Josh has a PM page. He says he'll likely be slow on queries for the next while as he's just getting settled, but he'll try to catch up.

WordsWithoutAFace

Eating chocolate behind the red hat
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.misssnarksfirstvictim.blogspot.com
Wow. Didn't realize this was so recent. I just sent a query to the new address. What are the chances they are crazy busy? Has anyone had any responses yet?

Hey there!

Josh is my agent. They are crazy busy, since they just opened shop on Monday. Even asking a grace period from clients, so they can get their stuff in order!

So I would expect a slower response time.

bunderful

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Authoress!!! I really think he would be a good much so I have my fingers crossed!

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
Does anyone know if Josh is a no reply = no on partials. He requested from me in December. I've sent a polite nudge in March, just in case he never got my submission. Then another on May 5th. I really only sent them because he specifically said I'd hear back from him in 8wks, though sometimes it could take a few weeks longer. Nothing in the spam. At this point, I'm assuming that it's a no, or that all of my emails were lost in cyberspace. I just want to know if this has happened to others. Either way, I'm not sending anything else at the risk of looking like a stalker. :-/

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, Rosepddle.
I think he requested in August of last year and I never heard back. Like you, I sent a nudge which also went unanswered.
I suppose I look at it as a no reply, and, to tell you the truth, (although I have nothing against him), I've lost interest now.
Whenever agents don't respond (and there have been a few), i just get that 'He's just not that into you' vibe and move on.
It's disappointing, but at least there are plenty of other agents out there in that vast ocean of representation.
Chin up and keep going!

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
Thanks, JBuck. I love to look at it as he's just not that into me-lol, or that he's just made way for the agent I'm meant to be with to step in. But I was so excited to see that request from him. I think he's an awesome agent. It really bummed me out when I didn't hear back from him, more so than if it was an R. At least I'd know.

Anywho...onward and upward!

Ruth2

Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to Josh 'way back in... August? September? He responded the next day, asking for a partial. I sent it off and ... nada. I nudged twice. Nada. C'est la vie.

RoccoMom

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catsbooksmorecats.blogspot.com
Signed! After over a year

I had a conversation with Josh last week, and have accepted his offer of representation.

I first queried Josh (on another project) in February of 2010. I signed with him June 3, 2011.

So sometimes it takes a while for things to happen :) So never give up, you guys!

bunderful

Registered
Reaction score
Toni! Authoress! Everyone!

Full manuscript request today from Mr. Getzler!!! Am. So. Excited.

Queried May 24 in case that helps anyone who is waiting. . .

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I had a conversation with Josh last week, and have accepted his offer of representation.

SUPER CONGRATS!!!! :snoopy:

Toni! Authoress! Everyone!

Full manuscript request today from Mr. Getzler!!! Am. So. Excited.

Queried May 24 in case that helps anyone who is waiting. . .

Woohoo...congrats! Good luck!

Bron

Registered
Reaction score

I first queried Josh (on another project) in February of 2010. I signed with him June 3, 2011.

So sometimes it takes a while for things to happen :) So never give up, you guys!

Congratulations Toni, that's great! I'm curious, how did this all come about? Did you query him again on another project?

RoccoMom

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catsbooksmorecats.blogspot.com
Congratulations Toni, that's great! I'm curious, how did this all come about? Did you query him again on another project?

Ha, it's funny. I kept doing revisions on the first one and sending them to him - then I finished the current one and asked him if he'd like to read that one too. He ended up reading both, didn't like the original but loved the second and offered rep.

and here we are! He said it needs some slight editing, so I'm waiting now on some notes before it goes out on sub.

bunderful

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything? I am so eager to hear it's driving me crazy...

Bron

Registered
Reaction score
Ha, it's funny. I kept doing revisions on the first one and sending them to him - then I finished the current one and asked him if he'd like to read that one too. He ended up reading both, didn't like the original but loved the second and offered rep.

and here we are! He said it needs some slight editing, so I'm waiting now on some notes before it goes out on sub.

Nice! Glad it all worked out for you, and good luck with the revisions and subs.