• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sid Harta Publishers

LaViers

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I know, or rather I assume, that Sid Harta has been discussed. Forgive me my inability to locate the files concerning this publisher.

I was wondering if anyone had any experiance with this group. It seems to be a vanity press, with a geniune desire to print quality... you know what I mean? The process of editing seems to be forefront in their webpage. Only I haven't found anything to suggest that they do anything more than what PA provides.

How are they viewed as far as the publishing world... if anyone knows.

Thanks in advance.
Allan

Mistyag1

Registered
Reaction score
SID Harta Publishers

Has anybody heard of them. i met an author that was published by them but i didn't get a chance to ask how they were to work with. it's an aussie publisher but thats more convenient for me and many other aussie authors.

Mistyag1

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
There's an existing Sid Harta thread, where I assume a moderator will soon port this one...

Sid Harta offers vanity contracts (the author has to pay to be published--Sid Harta calls this "co-publishing"). The submission guidelines also appear to require authors to pay for a manuscript assessment (not something you'd expect from a reputable commercial publisher).

- Victoria

Merdeka

Registered
Reaction score
For what it's worth I think you have a nobility of character that is mostly lacking in our society these days, you tried to right a wrong in the publishing industry but stood against overwhelming forces. It might seem futile now but you planted a seed that will ultimately sprout into a full scale revolution. The old order is collapsing, business models are radically changing & the powers that be are responding in the only way they know how, extreme tyranny. I wish you all the best in any endeavours you undertake, you are a good man Kerry, a rare commodity in this paradigm. Cheers

Gavin Dickson

Kate Clements

As a first author and being totally unfamiliar with publishing procedures & protocols I was absolutely thrilled when I received from Sid Harta Publishers my first printed copy of 'A Flight Against All Odds'. All thanks to Kerry Collison who, from the very beginning, believed my story was worth telling. Kerry and his exceptionally talented & knowledgeable team, expertly & professionally guided me through the publishing process from the very first assessment to the final product. Each step was clearly documented, our legal contracts were written in user friendly language and the care and attention given to detail during the proofing, cover design & type setting stages was of very high quality and could not be faulted. At all times I was treated with genuine warmth, courtesy & respect and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. I am eternally grateful that I put my project in the hands of Sid Harta Publishers and immensely proud of the end result, 'A Flight Against All Odds'.

Kate Clements

- - - Updated - - -

published my book I knew little or nothing about how what to do or where to go afterwards and have always found Sid Harta Publishers, as personified by Kerry Collison, always knowledgeable and willing to help.
Kerry has many contacts within the publishing field and these have been extremely useful to me, as a, so far, little known author.

Ray Scott

Patti Smith

As a first time “wannabe” author I was referred to Kerry Collison/Sid Harta Publishers. From our first conversation I felt comfortable and when there was an agreement to publish I received encouragement and support from the editing right through to the final printing of my Novel. I was particularly impressed with the book design ? especially the Cover design. There were a couple of glitches during production but these were dealt with quickly and to my complete satisfaction. It is my privilege to recommend Sid Harta especially to first time writers.

Patti Smith

Liz Newton

Kerry and his team at Sid Harta publishing were supportive and generous in their time and thoroughness when I published my first book. They are now working on my second novel and it is encouraging to know it is in good hands. The team have always been receptive to any questions and changes and I recommend them to others.

Liz Newton

Has anybody heard of them. i met an author that was published by them but i didn't get a chance to ask how they were to work with. it's an aussie publisher but thats more convenient for me and many other aussie authors.

Mistyag1

- - - Updated - - -

Among other things a reviewer described my novel 'Lalor's Lore' as being 'quirky'. Well, it was a lot quirkier before the professional team at Sid Harta got hold of it. My thanks to Tom for his editing, to Luke for his artwork, and to Kerry for pulling it all together with courtesy and patience.

Kerry S. Hill

Rosemary Holmes

This enthusiasm for a new writer was so much appreciated and such is the feature of this company, Sid Harta Publishers.

Rosemary Holmes

Noel Braun

I've now had four books published by Sid Harta. The fact that I have kept on coming back indicates that I have been very happy with the services provided, from the initial manuscript assessment, to editing, book design and distribution. I have enjoyed the collaboration, particularly in editing and design, the final outcome being a fusion of my ideas and suggestions made.
Many thanks!
Noel Braun author of "The Day Was Made for Walking", "Whistler Street", "Friend and Philosopher", "No Way to Behave at a Funeral'

Noel Braun

- - - Updated - - -

The world of publishing is a mine field, especially for those of us who have had no previous exposure to it. The team at Sid Harta, under the experienced leadership of Kerry Collison, specialize in making the process as smooth and user friendly as possible. You will receive honest and timely feedback on your submitted manuscript, including advice on how best to proceed. Ensuring the author maintains ownership through regular contact, the editing team work tirelessly to polish your work before the design team put a face to it. The quality of the finished product is extremely professional and will exceed your expectations. Sid Harta will leave no stone unturned to commercially promote your work. I highly recommend Sid Harta as the publisher of choice.

Lance Atkins

Elizabeth McCarthy

Kerry Collison; Sid Harta publisher, is the 21st Century Publisher in this country that represents everything great in publishing: genuine belief in authors, commitment to authors freedom of speech, support in the publishing process from start to finish, professionalism and quality in publishing. Authors can have confidence not just in their book will be published, but in their beliefs will be realised and their dreams come true.

Elizabeth McCarthy

Elsie Bradley

I'm a writer; Kerry Collison is a publisher.
I wrote We All Have Secrets; Kerry dealt with arranging a manuscript assessment, finding an excellent editor, and organising a talented cover designer.
The plus of working with Kerry is that I had total involvement in editing, proofreading, and the appearance of the cover, and felt in control of the book whilst at the same time being aware of skilled people available to do work that was beyond me.

Elsie Bradley

Dave Crawford

For what it's worth I think you have a nobility of character that is mostly lacking in our society these days, you tried to right a wrong in the publishing industry but stood against overwhelming forces. It might seem futile now but you planted a seed that will ultimately sprout into a full scale revolution. The old order is collapsing, business models are radically changing & the powers that be are responding in the only way they know how, extreme tyranny. I wish you all the best in any endeavours you undertake, you are a good man Kerry, a rare commodity in this paradigm. Cheers

Gavin Dickson

Kate Clements

As a first author and being totally unfamiliar with publishing procedures & protocols I was absolutely thrilled when I received from Sid Harta Publishers my first printed copy of 'A Flight Against All Odds'. All thanks to Kerry Collison who, from the very beginning, believed my story was worth telling. Kerry and his exceptionally talented & knowledgeable team, expertly & professionally guided me through the publishing process from the very first assessment to the final product. Each step was clearly documented, our legal contracts were written in user friendly language and the care and attention given to detail during the proofing, cover design & type setting stages was of very high quality and could not be faulted. At all times I was treated with genuine warmth, courtesy & respect and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. I am eternally grateful that I put my project in the hands of Sid Harta Publishers and immensely proud of the end result, 'A Flight Against All Odds'.

Kate Clements

- - - Updated - - -

published my book I knew little or nothing about how what to do or where to go afterwards and have always found Sid Harta Publishers, as personified by Kerry Collison, always knowledgeable and willing to help.
Kerry has many contacts within the publishing field and these have been extremely useful to me, as a, so far, little known author.

Ray Scott

Patti Smith

As a first time “wannabe” author I was referred to Kerry Collison/Sid Harta Publishers. From our first conversation I felt comfortable and when there was an agreement to publish I received encouragement and support from the editing right through to the final printing of my Novel. I was particularly impressed with the book design ? especially the Cover design. There were a couple of glitches during production but these were dealt with quickly and to my complete satisfaction. It is my privilege to recommend Sid Harta especially to first time writers.

Patti Smith

Liz Newton

Kerry and his team at Sid Harta publishing were supportive and generous in their time and thoroughness when I published my first book. They are now working on my second novel and it is encouraging to know it is in good hands. The team have always been receptive to any questions and changes and I recommend them to others.

Liz Newton

- - - Updated - - -

Among other things a reviewer described my novel 'Lalor's Lore' as being 'quirky'. Well, it was a lot quirkier before the professional team at Sid Harta got hold of it. My thanks to Tom for his editing, to Luke for his artwork, and to Kerry for pulling it all together with courtesy and patience.

Kerry S. Hill

Rosemary Holmes

This enthusiasm for a new writer was so much appreciated and such is the feature of this company, Sid Harta Publishers.

Rosemary Holmes

Noel Braun

I've now had four books published by Sid Harta. The fact that I have kept on coming back indicates that I have been very happy with the services provided, from the initial manuscript assessment, to editing, book design and distribution. I have enjoyed the collaboration, particularly in editing and design, the final outcome being a fusion of my ideas and suggestions made.
Many thanks!
Noel Braun author of "The Day Was Made for Walking", "Whistler Street", "Friend and Philosopher", "No Way to Behave at a Funeral'

Noel Braun

- - - Updated - - -

Sid Harta has published three of my books in recent time. I have found Sid Harta Publishers prompt and professional in all aspects of the services they provide.
The initial assessment reports were helpful and thorough and the copy editing that followed the decision to publish of an excellent quality.
Similarly the cover design work is of a very high standard and I would not hesitate in recommending then to any aspiring writers.

Dave Crawford

Sid Harta Publishers made all the difference for me as a first-time author, from my initial submissions to being allocated an absolutely brilliant editor, and then on to a fabulous team attending to graphic design and typesetting, and finally to the publication of a final product of which I could only be immensely proud. I think I am correct in asserting Sid Harta to be unique in the publishing landscape, and I am forever grateful to Kerry B. Collison and his team for helping my dream become a reality.

James Martin

As a first time author, this has been an absolutely terrific experience! Kerry and his wonderful, very professional team deserve extreme praise. They have always provided much guidance and are greatly willing to help in any way possible, making the process an easy one. Queries and any concerns are dealt with quickly and indeed, with a great amount of care, efficiency and courtesy. There is no shortage of practical, wonderful advice and nothing is too much trouble for this amazing team. Kerry is a true gentleman, so patient, knowledgeable and will go right out of his way to help. I am very grateful to Sidharta and cannot recommend them enough!

Sotirios Demosthenes Manolopoulos

Don W. Puckridge

Kerry is one of those people who is always ready to help others.

Don W. Puckridge

- - - Updated - - -

Sid Harta's publishing provides opportunity & flexibility for the entrepreneurial author to engage community audiences, creating a profitable project, beyond traditional pathways through retail stores.

Jaqueline and John Dinan

Sid Harta Publishers provide professional pathways for writers whose works do not always conform to the commercial constraints of some larger publishers. My novel, Dual Carriageway, is one of several I have written within the context of satirical science. Sid Harta Publishers provided me with an excellent opportunity to produce a commercial quantity of books. I had the privilege of working with an outstanding editor, I was permitted to have significant input in the cover design of my work and I was referred to a reliable publicist who arranged opportunities for me to showcase my work in the commercial market.

John Considine

Kerry and his team at Sid Harta provide a very professional service and were a great support to me in publication of my book "From Wireless to Wallabies".
My thanks in particular to Kerry for his wise advice and warm encouragement.

Janet Werkmeister

- - - Updated - - -

I am currently in the process of publishing my third novel with Sid Harta Publishers. I have been impressed by the quality of their manuscript appraisal service, the editorial assistance, cover design and typesetting. The finished product is of high quality. There are payments required but I see these as good value. An important aspect is they really care about producing the best they can from your manuscript and don't rush the process. I have recommended them to others in the past and will continue to do s

Joe Reich

Ray King

Having embarked on the daunting task of writing a book [finally joining the minority who actually completed the task] I didn't want to even think about the logistics of publication.
Fortuitously, I was referred by a fellow author to publisher, Sid Harta, the principal, Kerry Collison, putting a comforting arm around my shoulder. Kerry patiently outlined the various services provided by Sid Harta and made recommendations as to those most relevant to me. Editing, cover design, formatting, printing,

Ray King

Robyn Robins

In the years 2010 and 2011, I published a children's book and a memoir through Sid Harta.
I found this journey to be fun, insightful and a great introductory learning in how to take a manuscript through the stages of editing, typesetting, cover design and printing to eventually hold a real book in my hands. At each step, my work was placed in the hands of caring, helpful professionals and I am thrilled with the end result.

Robyn Robins

- - - Updated - - -

I could not have done without the expert knowledge and readily shared assistance of the Sid Harta Team.
Partnership Publishing was a rewarding experience.
Sid Harta's publishing team are well qualified to assist in enabling publication of your manuscript.

Tish Lees

To Kerry and all his wonderful staff.
Thankyou so much for all the endless advice and support I received since I began my exciting journey from having an idea for a novel to having my very first novel When Tears Ran Dry published.
And a special thanks to Kerry for not only believing in my story but for all his patience in always answering my sometimes mundane questions and providing encouraging advice along the way.
I wish Kerry and his team continued success

Vivian Waring

- - - Updated - - -

I could not have done without the expert knowledge and readily shared assistance of the Sid Harta Team.
Partnership Publishing was a rewarding experience.
Sid Harta's publishing team are well qualified to assist in enabling publication of your manuscript.

Tish Lees

To Kerry and all his wonderful staff.
Thankyou so much for all the endless advice and support I received since I began my exciting journey from having an idea for a novel to having my very first novel When Tears Ran Dry published.
And a special thanks to Kerry for not only believing in my story but for all his patience in always answering my sometimes mundane questions and providing encouraging advice along the way.
I wish Kerry and his team continued success

Vivian Waring

Hello everyone,

I know, or rather I assume, that Sid Harta has been discussed. Forgive me my inability to locate the files concerning this publisher.

I was wondering if anyone had any experiance with this group. It seems to be a vanity press, with a geniune desire to print quality... you know what I mean? The process of editing seems to be forefront in their webpage. Only I haven't found anything to suggest that they do anything more than what PA provides.

How are they viewed as far as the publishing world... if anyone knows.

Thanks in advance.
Allan

- - - Updated - - -

I am currently in the process of publishing my third novel with Sid Harta Publishers. I have been impressed by the quality of their manuscript appraisal service, the editorial assistance, cover design and typesetting. The finished product is of high quality. There are payments required but I see these as good value. An important aspect is they really care about producing the best they can from your manuscript and don't rush the process. I have recommended them to others in the past and will continue to do s

Joe Reich

Ray King

Having embarked on the daunting task of writing a book [finally joining the minority who actually completed the task] I didn't want to even think about the logistics of publication.
Fortuitously, I was referred by a fellow author to publisher, Sid Harta, the principal, Kerry Collison, putting a comforting arm around my shoulder. Kerry patiently outlined the various services provided by Sid Harta and made recommendations as to those most relevant to me. Editing, cover design, formatting, printing,

Ray King

Robyn Robins

In the years 2010 and 2011, I published a children's book and a memoir through Sid Harta.
I found this journey to be fun, insightful and a great introductory learning in how to take a manuscript through the stages of editing, typesetting, cover design and printing to eventually hold a real book in my hands. At each step, my work was placed in the hands of caring, helpful professionals and I am thrilled with the end result.

Robyn Robins

*blows dust off thread* Adding link: http://sidharta.com/au/

Merdeka

Registered
Reaction score

Joe Reich

Ray King

Ray King

Robyn Robins

Robyn Robins

*blows dust off thread* Adding link: http://sidharta.com/au/

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
There is always a honeymoon period of testimonials from new writers when the book comes out. One of them on this place's website opens with an admission of "being totally unfamiliar with publishing procedures & protocols" from which one may conclude she doesn't know that authors are supposed to get paid, not pay out.

Sid would serve writers better by listing prices than by posting aging testimonials. We've seen similar bursts of lurv from writers who paid out to any number of predator publishing operations.

Vanity houses bring out my worst. It's from all those writers who have come up to me at bookstore signings to ask how much it costs to publish a book. They don't seem to know that money flows TOWARD the writer.

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
There's nothing like testimonials to make the hackles on the back of my neck raise up.

Publishers' web sites should be aimed at READERS trying to sell BOOKS to READERS - NOT aimed at AUTHORS trying to sell SERVICES to AUTHORS.

Please not the difference - Sid Harta's customers are their authors NOT the book reading public at large. All the testimonials in the world does not change that fact. In fact, the ONLY testimonials Sid Harta should be publishing would be glowing reviews from READERS about the books they've SOLD to the public.

If you see testimonials from authors, you're not dealing with a commercial press - simply another predatory vanity press with a different coat of paint on it.

Last edited:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Hey, Merdeka, what's the point of your wall of text? It clogs up this thread to no apparent good purpose since you don't seem to be making a personal argument and, as Gillhoughly, Richard White, and mrsmig point out, testimonials like you've presented aren't very convincing.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of publishing my third novel with Sid Harta Publishers. I have been impressed by the quality of their manuscript appraisal service, the editorial assistance, cover design and typesetting. The finished product is of high quality. There are payments required but I see these as good value. An important aspect is they really care about producing the best they can from your manuscript and don't rush the process.

That's nice Merdeka. You want to be a little more specific and honest about your connection with Sidharta?

Because I can see your IP and email address, and would advise you not to screw with this community. It might make me cranky.

Last edited:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
That's nice Merdeka. You want to be a little more specific and honest about your connection with Sidharta?

Because I can see you IP and email address, and would advise you not to screw with this community. It might make me cranky.

Nah, that's Joe Reich's quote, because Merdeka just copy and pasted the entire testimonials page, including typos and hover-text for author photos. It's very messy, isn't it?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Nah, that's Joe Reich's quote, because Merdeka just copy and pasted the entire testimonials page, including typos and hover-text for author photos. It's very messy, isn't it?

Yeah, I recognized the promo prose from the Website.

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
Caramba, I could build a nice man-shed from those big old slabs'o'text, with enough left over for a dock.

In other words, deep inside my fevered brainpan, alarms are going off like Code Blue in the boiler room.

Last edited: