Not open for further replies.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
I have a strange access problem. I've been browsing around the site. I'm interested in spiritual writing, so I had a look at the Writing Genre: Religious and Spiritual Writing.

I can't find a bunch of the threads. I can't even get to them, even when I'm signed in.

For example, the "Other" thread (which is presumably not any of "Christian", "Comparative Religious Philosophy Discussion", "Atheism and Non-Theistic Spiritual Writing", "Pagan", or "Jewish") says it has 46 threads. However, when I click on that forum I get one sticky and 0 threads. Likewise, "Pagan" is listed as having 168 threads, but when I click on it has only 3 threads and two stickies. The other categories seem to have threads as per normal.

The weird thing is, there's a thread listed on the main board for the "Other" category, "Universal House of Justice Ridvan Message 2010: A Context", which is NOT listed within the "Other" page but which I can get to anyway from the main board. But if I click on the "Other" in the "Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Religious and Spiritual Writing > Other" at the top of its page, I get right back to the 0 thread page. Even though this is a thread!

Are there really threads on the "Pagan" and "Other" boards? If so, why can't I get to them? (There's no sign of needing a password.) If not, why does the main listing say there are? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like your display settings are set to show only recent threads. (Other's last thread is from '10, while Pagan's are from last month.) Scroll down to the bottom of the forum page and make sure it's set for "last post time", for example.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
That's the answer. Thanks so much, Cao.

It's funny. I don't think I've ever touched those buttons -- or even noticed them before. But for some reason, in my browser those two categories, "Pagan" and "Other" have the default setting of posts in the "last month", whereas the other ones I've looked at have the setting of from the "beginning".

Now I know what to look for, I'll try not to pester with dumb questions again.

Status
Not open for further replies.