Accomplishment Park

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Has W1S1 got you doing writerly stuff you never would've done otherwise?

Let us know here so we can fill the park with plaques and statues.

(this is similar yet different to the Braggage thread and the Hall of Fame)

Last edited:

AlwaysJuly

slugging through
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thisisnotnotmydayjob.blogspot.com
I think W1S1 has me trying all sorts of different genres and things I would never try were it not for the pressure to Write Something This Week, Hurry Hurry. Some of the stories I've worked on were things that I already wanted to write, just didn't have an urgency about it, but others probably wouldn't have come about without this.

First try at horror.

First microfiction.

First steampunk (in progress now).

That's pretty exciting to me!

MattJ

Publish or Die Trying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
wayofthewriter.blogspot.com
I attribute my publishing credits to W1S1.

Or I would if I had any!

Seriously, I think W1S1 is a great group and a great prod. I've been producing and learning more about writing now than at any other time in my life, and that is because of W1S1.

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
I think W1S1 has me trying all sorts of different genres and things I would never try were it not for the pressure to Write Something This Week, Hurry Hurry. Some of the stories I've worked on were things that I already wanted to write, just didn't have an urgency about it, but others probably wouldn't have come about without this.

First try at horror.

First microfiction.

First steampunk (in progress now).

That's pretty exciting to me!

Similarly, W1S1 has increased my short story output (6X so far; my output for 2009 and 2010 being: 1 new short :eek:), helped me have a go outside of my usual literary/mainstream comfort zone and write a paranormal/psychological horror plus a modernized fairy-tale, and has helped me work on my flash-fiction story-telling because of the number of short-short contests I'm entering.
I believe an acceptance is coming my way soon, and I'll have W1S1 to thank for that! :tongue

ETA: Just wrote a spec-fic today for a themed contest. Who knew I'd get be able to get back into fantasy/sci-fi so easily?

Last edited:

LStein

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Has W1S1 got you doing writerly stuff you never would've done otherwise?

Let us know here so we can put fill the park with plaques and statues.

(this is similar yet different to the Braggage thread and the Hall of Fame)

Definitely. I wrote and submitted an erotica story which was a first for me. (And I think it's quite good.)
I've got a speculative story brewing in my mind for April. That'll be another first!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Good stuff, LStein! :snoopy:

(sorry i'm so late with the congrats)

LStein

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Not at all, Izz. Thanks!

Sagana

Registered
Reaction score
Oh I should have posted in here as W1S1 has sextupled my output (to date) from 1 story total to 6, and wildly increased my submission ratio (from none to 3.5). Also help me stay motivated and introduced me to all kinds of new things and people. Oh and some wildly good fiction as well.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
I feel accomplished today because I've just sent out submission #50 for the year. Thing is, 50 submissions is more than I made from 1991 until January, 2011.

Most definitely this is something I wouldn't have done otherwise. Feels supah dupah!

Shelley

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I feel accomplished today because I've just sent out submission #50 for the year. Thing is, 50 submissions is more than I made from 1991 until January, 2011.

Yay, go you! (-: Keeping my fingers crossed for ALL of 'em!

Most I ever had in one year was 32; I had a third as many children then, though.

-Suzanne

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Most definitely this is something I wouldn't have done otherwise. Feels supah dupah!

Shelley

50!

Bloody hell! Well done :D

That's more than two a week...
You're a writing demon.
But in a good way.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
'Bout time this thread got a bump.

So, peeps, has W1S1 helped you do/accomplish things you don't think you would've otherwise?

Last month i wrote four complete short stories in four days, and they've only required minor editing. I doubt i would've been able to do that without the W1S1 ethos i've instilled in mysefl over the last year and a bit. :)

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I've realized my stories will sell if I actually sub them. Which is a huge accomplishment for me. I went through a long phase of writing a lot and then letting everything just gather dust.

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't have done anything without W1S1, except write stuff and either put it away or throw it away, because I had no idea that I could do anything else with it.

And now I'm a proper writer, and people have paid me and everything!

Yay!

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Whoa, where did this thread come from? o_O

I'm the same. I probably wouldn't have gotten half the writing I've done...done if it wasn't for W1S1.

Literateparakeet

Nerdy Budgie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lesliesillusions.blogspot.com
W1S1...has helped me BIC and actually write rather than just thinking about writing, and even better it has encouraged me to actually submit. I've only been doing it for 2 months, but it has made such a difference already!

MeretSeger

The Alydar of Writers
Registered
Reaction score
I get things out so I can write new things. I see a pattern of my pieces being held longer and getting more personal rejections. I do have one pro pub, but that's an "outlier"...for now.