Rejectomancy

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Low-tier Lightspeed Magazine rejection. It was my first time writing a 1,500-word story, so I'm not crushed.

jazzman99

Recovering Academic
Registered
Reaction score
Argh. Two Rs in one weekend, including one from a pro anthology where I'd been shortlisted. That one stings, I must confess.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
I swear, my rejections always come in two's, haha. Got one from writer's of the future, but I'm not surprised, I think the story I sent them needed more voice. Got a second one from Fender Stitch. Was under consideration, but ultimately, didn't work out. Oh well. Sent it off to Pedestal (and no, I still haven't heard back from them about the other submission, but in my mind, it's been rejected).

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all. Yay! I got my R from Clarkesworld. Totally expected, with their one in a thousand acceptance rate. Ah, I sent it and thought of it like buying a lottery ticket. I sent it right back out, though. :)

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, definitely, a round of hugs.

I sent two things out, one to Word Riot and one to Dogzplot.

I sent them both out today And got R's on both. Today.

It's not that I mind the R's. But gee whiz, do they need to jump right to it with such zeal? LOL

:cry:Okay, now out they go again.

Last edited:

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
((((hugs)))) for all the rejectioneers :(

Defcon, It's always horrible on a multi rejection day, but think of it like ripping a plaster off. All over at once.
Better luck with the next place.

Emptyeye

Registered
Reaction score
R from 10Flash, although this one did say "We hope to see further submissions from you for future issues." No idea if that's just their new form letter or not, though. I'll just mark it as an R from Duotrope, and send it back out somewhere else.

victoriajakes

let me tell you about my dogs
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like maybe a tier? I know a no is a no, but higher tiers always make me a little happier. Hugs anyway!

Emptyeye

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that makes sense. It's more positive than my previous 10Flash rejection ("Just didn't click with us"), that's for sure. They went to a new submission system this quarter, though, so I'm not sure if they just changed their messages or what.

EDIT: And sent off to Abyss & Apex. Let's see if I can get the 3-day speedy rejection this time like I did last time. :D

Last edited:

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Still crickets.

Although The Collections Agent is now "under review" with Clarkesworld. >_<

ETA: Two hours later and I just got the R from Clarkesworld. Ah, well. It's off to IGMS now.

Last edited:

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
ETA: Two hours later and I just got the R from Clarkesworld. Ah, well. It's off to IGMS now.
That's a tough nut to crack! Sorry to hear it, Aggy. Just got my R from Clarkesworld too. I was dreading opening that mailbox, waited until I had another story to work on in front of me and a cigar (my rejection comfort "foods").

Emptyeye

Registered
Reaction score
Oh well. Got the official R from the Machine of Death anthology. Now I have to figure out other markets to send all these stories off to.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Bah. Rejection from Ideomancer for Love Like Dysphoria. Maybe I'll take another look at Shimmer and see if it seems like it might fit.

Ovid9

Professional Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Best wishes and mojo to those of you waiting and those recently "r'd."

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Finally heard back from Abyss and Apex. It was a personal R, and I actually agree with what they said about the story's weak points. It didn't sting too much as there was also some good news in my e-mail box about another story at another market making it to the next round of submissions, so fingers crossed about that :).