Some new publications

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
I am pleased to announce that a Kindle version is now available of my booklet "The Pursuit of Publishing: An Unvarnished Guide for the Perplexed." That is a recent revision of something I have been sharing with aspiring book authors for nearly four years.

Also on the Kindle, two collections of my weekly column in Senior Spectrum, "Ken's Corner."
All are also available in paperback and download via my Lulu Storefront. (The Lulu version of Pursuit has a few slightly more recent revisions.)

"Pursuit" is finding some use in the efforts of the Publishing Pathways program of the NorCal group of the California Writers Club (the program is currently in development).

I'm planning a third volume of "Ken's Corner" columns. They are modest efforts, blending humor and nostalgia and slice-of-life, often with a very local tilt (literally from my front yard outward to the neighborhood and the community). The accomplishment was to relax enough from years of technical writing and policy analysis to write in a conversational tone, a thousand words a week, for about two and a half years now.

The "Pursuit" booklet is revised so often (and is so short), and the "Ken's Corner" compilations so locally oriented (often, but not always), that informal self-publishing (no ISBN, POD + very short runs) seemed the way to go.

--Ken

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Cgs, and good luck on all these projects!