Sharron Angle: Back with a vengeance

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Regardless, she was adamant - no military intervention - and then suddenly, she wasn't.

She's a politician...and a human being. That sort of thing happens. Regardless, at some point she did begin pressuring Obama to go into Libya.

But I'm perfectly happy to drop this and get back on topic.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She's a politician...and a human being. That sort of thing happens. Regardless, at some point she did begin pressuring Obama to go into Libya.

Monkey, I seriously, seriously doubt she pressured him at all, although I'm sure he's grateful that people give her credit, that she "pressured him." LOL!! He's very good at that. He does it all the time: Napolitano, Pelosi and Clinton. Napolitano gets credit for the TSA amendment violations; Pelosi was the reason the healthcare initiative backfired, and now Clinton is responsible for Libya. LOL!! I'll tell ya: it must be fun to be a woman in his administration. . . .

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
MOD NOTE:

Folks, near as I can tell, there are at least three different topics here, with members' posts addressing multiple topics in the same posts. Rather than edit a bunch of members' posts, I'd rather leave your words in your own hands.

If someone wants to debate Secy. Clinton vs. Pres. Obama, start that thread.

If someone wants to debate whether Pres. Obama is influenced by his cabinet members, or is just blaming them, start that thread.

Anyone who wants to continue discussing the OP, re: Sharron Angle, play on in this thread.

Anyone who can't do any of the above without the personally directed animosities, should think of this as a great time to take a walk around the internet for a bit.

-- Williebee

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

Oh, Sharron Angle stands for lots of other things.

I loathe Sharron Angle, not only for her frightening ignorance regarding the Constitution and history, but because even as a heteronormative bigot she's a hypocrite.

Remember that 1994 ad insert in Nevada papers that essentially wanted to strip LGBT folk of any rights, or future rights? You know, the one that was from Angle's Independent American Party, the party that she publicly endorsed at the time?

And then there's her pledge not to accept funds from any companies that offered health benefits to same-sex partners or spouses.

A pledge which she broke repeatedly--taking funds from Intel and a number of other companies via various PACs.

I also think it's interesting that Angle is one of those people who can't seem to refer to anything having to do with LGBT rights, or issues, without dragging in the magic word sodomy.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes! I didn't know all that about her.

And how is that NOT seen as at odds with "small government" and "power to the people?"

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm becoming convinced that the Tea Party was an urban legend all along.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, lookee here. Sharron is going to write a book.

As the press conference wrapped up, Angle named upcoming events on her calendar and said her new book, an autobiography that will share personal, formative things, will be out on April. The book is entitled “Right Angle” and will be self-published under Author House.
Gee, Sharron, you might want to check Predators and Editors first because here's what they had to say about Author House:

Not recommended. A vanity publisher. A division of Author Solutions.

5/17/06 - If you don't know by now, AuthorHouse lost a libel suit in court. It seems that the courts and jury decided a publisher couldn't disavow itself of what it published. In other words, AuthorHouse should have vetted what it accepted before publishing. Now they owe several hundred thousand dollars and may have to pay even more in punitive damages.

A bat-shit crazy extremist political hack and a rip-off vanity publisher. Sounds like a marriage made in hell. :evil

Deleted member 42

A bat-shit crazy extremist political hack and a rip-off vanity publisher. Sounds like a marriage made in hell. :evil

I couldn't be happier.

The book won't be purchased by libraries, or bookstores. It won't be in their ordering systems; people will have to special order, and pay in advance.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is the title of the book a tip-off that she's Right Wing?

I mean, that could have some relevance to the whole "What the hell is the Tea Party" question.

And damn, Sharron, do some research before you sub...

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
I'm becoming convinced that the Tea Party was an urban legend all along.

It was never really real, just some angry people suckered into an astroturf movement.

Well, back in 08 when the only GOP candidate with excited crowds was Ron Paul, yeah it was real.

But that's before it was called Tea Party. The last gasp of the real small government/lower taxes movement was Santelli's Rant.

After that it was Fox News with the Taxed Enough Already, the Koch Brothers, and Dick Armey with FreadomWorks. From there forward, an astro-turf movement.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I used to live in Dick Armey's Congressional District, with him as my congressman. A more vile and disgusting individual would be hard to find.

. . . crap, I forgot about Gingrich.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Well, back in 08 when the only GOP candidate with excited crowds was Ron Paul, yeah it was real.

But that's before it was called Tea Party. The last gasp of the real small government/lower taxes movement was Santelli's Rant.

After that it was Fox News with the Taxed Enough Already, the Koch Brothers, and Dick Armey with FreadomWorks. From there forward, an astro-turf movement.
Yep, that's a concise and accurate history of the tea party movement, IMO.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Politics is a fool's game, that they somehow manage to make everyone play...

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Whether it's a fool's game or not, the stakes are high enough that you'd have to be worse than foolish to sit it out.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whether it's a fool's game or not, the stakes are high enough that you'd have to be worse than foolish to sit it out.

Really. I don't see the difference anymore. I just don't.

What are the stakes? The Rights of Man? That's just a quiant Enlightenment notion with no legal standing in our increasingly collectivist world, or so I'm told.

Tell me what the stakes are, please. I'd like to know.

I promise you one thing...the government isn't the answer to any questions or problems that I have currently...

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I started a long post on this, then realized that this is the Sharron Angle/Tea Party thread and we've already been warned about going OT. Should we start another one?

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I started a long post on this, then realized that this is the Sharron Angle/Tea Party thread and we've already been warned about going OT. Should we start another one?

Probably. You're too kind to me. Thank you.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Really. I don't see the difference anymore. I just don't.

What are the stakes? The Rights of Man? That's just a quiant Enlightenment notion with no legal standing in our increasingly collectivist world, or so I'm told.

Tell me what the stakes are, please. I'd like to know.

I promise you one thing...the government isn't the answer to any questions or problems that I have currently...

Nor mine, but it assuredly has no problem adding to them. . . .