Congressional Democrats vs Obama

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
But Republicans, Weiner said, have nonetheless long done a better job of making their case -- "smaller government, smaller deficits, lower taxes" -- to the public and each other. The Democratic Party remains unclear as to its core policy principles, Weiner said, and part of the problem is Obama.

"On our side is this weird squishy affirmative sense of what government should do and how we're opposed to this cut and that cut, rather than saying, 'Here are the things: Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, environment and education. We're not cutting those. Those are off the table. That's non-negotiable,'" said Weiner, adding, "We haven't really done that very well. That's because the president fundamentally -- he's not a values guy. He wants to try to get the best deal for the American people and that's virtuous in its own right, but it becomes very difficult to make a strategy. There's been much greater global strategy thinking on [progressive media] outlets, frankly, than at 1600 Pennsylvania."

[snip]

"The problem is the negotiator-in-chief and where he'll end up, and whether we can put some steel in his spine," he said. "I assume he caved in on taxes in December because he was blackmailed on the treaty with Russia with nuclear weapons, which was absolutely critical. But that's pretty pathetic also."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/16/anthony-weiner-obama-not-a-values-guy_n_836664.html

Like the Republicans, the Democrats also seem to be dealing with internal conflict. It'll be interesting to see if and how this affects the 2012 election. We could end up with tea party republicans vs old guard republicans and progressive Democrats vs Obama supporters.

Mara

Clever User Title
Registered
Reaction score
Anthony Weiner is one of my favorite legislators, and it's too bad his name would preclude him from ever running for president. From what I can see, he actually stands up for the principles that Obama paid lip service to during his campaign. He also took a really strong stand in favor of relief for 9/11 first-responders.

Much like the way the original pre-GOP-hijacking Tea Partiers felt about the Republican Party, I'm pretty sick and tired of electing the lesser of two evils, and rewarding people who pander for my vote but don't deliver. Obama's going to be labeled a far-left extremist no matter what, so he might as well go ahead and be a liberal. But I think the real issue is that regardless of what makes the most political sense, he's cautious and rather conservative in the non-political sense of the word, and actually a bit conservative in the actual political sense of the word.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
:ROFL:

I'm a little buzzed and extremely immature for my age.

'nuff said.
Ha, I had to edit it because it originally said, "I agree with Weiner."

I stared and stared at it and there really was no other way to make it not sound like a pro-penis slogan.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
Now what's wrong with being pro-penis then? I can think of a whole slew of slogans that would be appropriate, and which may lead to more votes for the sloganeers. "Up with the penis" is just one of them.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Ha, I had to edit it because it originally said, "I agree with Weiner."

I stared and stared at it and there really was no other way to make it not sound like a pro-penis slogan.

At least u didn't say I'm with Weiner. Or I'm pulling for Weiner.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
And yet so childish......:poke:

I'm sure there are many that are seeing the handwriting on the wall by now. I think it is what happens to all that finally get into the head office. It looks so easy when running for Pres. but once you get there you get to see into how things are really done/not done.

We want someone that promises the moon and has their head in the clouds. At least it has been what I've seen for many years. Would be nice to get someone that could see past all the junk and get about the work at hand.

Last edited:

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
And yet so childish......:poke:

I'm sure there are many that are seeing the handwriting on the wall by now.

It's actually right on top of the Resolute desk:

BUSH ----> Clinton wuz here, biatch!

Carved with a magical Bowie, there's not enough sandpaper in the world to get rid of it.