• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader for urban fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a beta reader to look over my 81k word manuscript... which currently doesn't have a title. It was called "Devotion" for a long time, but I'm not sure about that title anymore. Mainly looking for issues with the plot and characters, but also any spelling/grammar issues that become apparent.

For one shining moment, it seems like Michael Robin's bad luck is turning around. The unlucky guy has finally scored the job of his dreams - but just when he thinks things are finally looking up, he's abducted by a fanatical cult who will sacrifice him to their Goddess, believing that she will grant them unimaginable power.

Rescued by a mysterious stranger, all Michael wants to do is put the unpleasant experience behind him and go back to his normal life. But he can't go back to his normal life - ever. The strange book he read at the house of his benefactor has changed Michael in ways he can't describe. His every thought now affects the world around him. Doors open and close for him, his computer starts typing on its own and every time he reaches for a glass it slides across the table into his hand.

Is it a trick? Or is it magic? All Michael knows is that he's now on the run from the cult, who will stop at nothing to claim the sacrifice they earmarked for their Goddess. The only way Michael may survive is to master his strange new skills and fight back, lest his death become the catalyst for the end of the world.

I am pretty bad when it comes to summing up my stories but that's the jist of it. If you are interested, just post here or pm me. I am willing to do a swap for a similar genre :)

Last edited:

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Just found your post. Is it possible for you to convert your ms to a pdf? If so, I can beta read it on my kindle.

And if you want to swap, I have an urban fantasy myself I'm interested in finding a beta for, since it's being rejected rejected rejected.

Scott S

Be real
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scottspringer.com
Just found your post. Is it possible for you to convert your ms to a pdf? If so, I can beta read it on my kindle.

And if you want to swap, I have an urban fantasy myself I'm interested in finding a beta for, since it's being rejected rejected rejected.

just want to mention that I have free software called mobipocket creator from mobipocket.com that converts word to kindle - see what you think

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Thanks for the heads up! I'm downloading mobipocke creator now. If Fiender wants to send me the file, then I can convert it. Unless he's already done it himself.

janwyl

New kid, pile on in...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How come you need to do all that to read Word on Kindle? I just email my Word manuscript (as attachment) to [email protected] and in five minutes it arrives over the wi-fi onto my kindle in kindle format. Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.