• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Entangled Publishing

Jennifer Robins

paranormal interest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferrobins.com
Yes, I had asked if they received my new submission, and Lydia replied that they did, and it's in review now. I'll post when I hear something.

Last edited:

AstridAuthor12

Registered
Reaction score
Cool! I’m not sure if I should nudge yet since it’s only been a month since Lydia asked for additional time... maybe I’ll give them a few more weeks.
Thanks Jennifer. And best of luck to you! :))

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
I can't speak to people's bad experiences with Entangled, or good for that matter, but I have an author acquaintance who says they're very happy with them (without providing details and I didn't pry). After some deliberation I decided to submit a previously released novella. My agent and I have worked it so I am free to submit those types of book on my own to digi-publishers. He'll only get involved at contract stage should I receive an offer. We'll see what happens...

Earthling

I come in peace
Registered
Reaction score
I've heard good things from authors who've published with Entangled. They're considering my MS at the moment and I would have no qualms about going ahead if they want to acquire it.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted a novel in late Sept. Received a email 2 days ago asking for more time, that it is still in review. I hope that's a good sign. they also asked if I get another offer to let them know.

Just wondering if they ever got back to you? Hope they did and it was good news. I sub'd a previously released novella to them in Feb and have yet to hear.

anakhouri79

Registered
Reaction score
I subbed a YA fantasy novel to Entangled in mid-November 2017. In January I received an email apologizing for taking so long and asking for patience. Nothing since then.

MaryLennox

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been brought up, but I had a question about the Teen Crush Guidelines.

It says:

Dual point of view. Third-person point of view is preferred, but we will consider first-person POV on a case-by-case basis.

Does this mean they don't want first-person POV? Because so far every Teen Crush book I have read is first-person...I have even been reading the little previews of some of the other Teen Crush books available on their website (you can read the first couple pages) and so far every one I click on is first-person, so I'm very confused! Or does it just mean they prefer the Dual POV over just first-person/one narrator? Most of them seem like Dual POV (both players in the romance) and each character is written in first-person.

Earthling

I come in peace
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been brought up, but I had a question about the Teen Crush Guidelines.

It says:

Dual point of view. Third-person point of view is preferred, but we will consider first-person POV on a case-by-case basis.

Does this mean they don't want first-person POV? Because so far every Teen Crush book I have read is first-person...I have even been reading the little previews of some of the other Teen Crush books available on their website (you can read the first couple pages) and so far every one I click on is first-person, so I'm very confused! Or does it just mean they prefer the Dual POV over just first-person/one narrator? Most of them seem like Dual POV (both players in the romance) and each character is written in first-person.

How strange! I think the submission guideline is pretty clear that they want books in third-person. Maybe this is a recent guideline change and they used to welcome first-person?

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Well, just when I thought I wouldn't hear from Entangled, I had one of their 'thanks for your patience, we are still considering your manuscript' e-mails. I'm hopeful, but who knows? Can anybody tell me how long after receiving one of those e-mails they got their offer/pass? Thanks!

KiwiLady

Registered
Reaction score
Well, just when I thought I wouldn't hear from Entangled, I had one of their 'thanks for your patience, we are still considering your manuscript' e-mails. I'm hopeful, but who knows? Can anybody tell me how long after receiving one of those e-mails they got their offer/pass? Thanks!

I got one of these emails, and then another month later got a second (totally different) email asking for still more time. About a month after that the editor came back to me and asked if I'd be open to making some changes before she made a final decision. This was about this time last year though, so things could be different now, or could be different with a different editor. Good luck though - if they'd read the first pages and hated it, they wouldn't have asked for more time, so hopefully this means good things for you!

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
I got one of these emails, and then another month later got a second (totally different) email asking for still more time. About a month after that the editor came back to me and asked if I'd be open to making some changes before she made a final decision. This was about this time last year though, so things could be different now, or could be different with a different editor. Good luck though - if they'd read the first pages and hated it, they wouldn't have asked for more time, so hopefully this means good things for you!

Thanks! I'm not holding my breath, but I haven't got anything to lose by waiting...

Earthling

I come in peace
Registered
Reaction score
Did either/both of you submit through Submittable or direct to an editor? I've had a manuscript with an editor since the beginning of Feb and haven't received any emails since she replied to say it was in her queue.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Did either/both of you submit through Submittable or direct to an editor? I've had a manuscript with an editor since the beginning of Feb and haven't received any emails since she replied to say it was in her queue.

My submission was the result of a pitch contest. I wrote and said the book had already been published (the rules for this particular contest did not state this was a no-no) and the editor said to pop it over via submittable, to her attention. It went to 'in progress' two days later. HTH

KiwiLady

Registered
Reaction score
Earthling - I went through Submittable as well, attentioned to a specific editor. Even with my R&R when I had the editor's email address, she still wanted it through Submittable and attentioned to her. I didn't get any sort of response from my initial query until just after their initial 60 day period was up, so I imagine you'll be getting something soon. I thought their communication was really good.

anakhouri79

Registered
Reaction score
I have not received any communication since the January email asking for patience. Do you think it's OK to query at this point? I can't find any guidelines for when to query on their site. I sent my manuscript in November 2017.

Earthling

I come in peace
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for answering, Pisco and Kiwi. :)

I have not received any communication since the January email asking for patience. Do you think it's OK to query at this point? I can't find any guidelines for when to query on their site. I sent my manuscript in November 2017.

I think it's absolutely fine to query at six months, even if you had an email asking for patience four months ago. Good luck.

Anna204

Registered
Reaction score

I would start querying. This is a really long time.

You could also send a follow-up email to ask what the status is.

rnpudel

Registered
Reaction score

Unless the editor asked for an exclusive, which I've not heard of Entangled doing, then you've been free to query this whole time. Definitely query others.

anakhouri79

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, sorry, by query I meant to ask about the status of my submission. I've already decided if it's a rejection I will self-publish. Wrong word, sorry!

anakhouri79

Registered
Reaction score
Entangled has now held my submission for seven months. I have inquired twice, a month apart, with no replies. I just finished a big project which opens my time up to work on something else, or to prepare this novel for self-publishing. Which is probably what I need to do, but some part of me is holding out hope. Should I withdraw my submission? Is there any point in leaving it any longer? The longest I've seen other authors say they waited is six months. I don't want to withdraw in a fit of pique that they never replied to me, but it IS pretty annoying TBH.

Last edited:

MaryLennox

Registered
Reaction score
Entangled has now held my submission for seven months. I have inquired twice, a month apart, with no replies. I just finished a big project which opens my time up to work on something else, or to prepare this novel for self-publishing. Which is probably what I need to do, but some part of me is holding out hope. Should I withdraw my submission? Is there any point in leaving it any longer? The longest I've seen other authors say they waited is six months. I don't want to withdraw in a fit of pique that they never replied to me, but it IS pretty annoying TBH.

Do they have a time limit posted? Some publishers say: "If you haven't heard back in 6 months, it's a no." But their time frame may vary. I submitted a book to a different publisher and a day before the six months were up I was contacted - the person I had submitted to had resigned and someone new had taken over. She was interested in my query, so asked to see the full manuscript. I submitted to her - but then it was about another 3-4 months before she asked for a re-write, and then about another 4-5 months before I was contacted again saying they liked the re-writes and we're going to publish the book! And then a whole year later, it was published. This wasn't Entangled Published, so maybe my story isn't too helpful - but sometimes being patient is worth it!

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Just an update: I received an offer of publication for the novella with Entangled, from a different publisher. I let them know and they responded within a week with a lovely little rejection. There were many things they liked about my book--mainly the tropes and my writing style--but felt the conflict wasn't strong enough. Good, constructive feedback, together with the editor's direct e-mail to submit again should I have anything suitable. Plus a sincere congrats on my other offer. If I write something suitable for them I'll certainly submit.

cool pop

It's Cool, Miss Pop if You're Nasty
Registered
Reaction score

You wanna try reaching out again? Third time's the charm. Reach out for one last time and if you don't hear back within a month, I'd move on. The worst that can happen is they come back and say they accept you and you no longer can give them the work but no sense in waiting forever. At least if you reach out again you'll know you did all you could to communicate. Does Entangled always answer back? Some pubs don't. For some, no response means no.

anakhouri79

Registered
Reaction score
They use Submittable and it is still 'in progress'. When I emailed I used the address that had originally sent me the 'thanks for waiting' message, so maybe that's my mistake. But I can't find another contact email anywhere on the site.