Guyana National Day, Giant Otters, and an old friend!

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I just saw my country's flag at the top of AW and realised once more what a wonderful place this is! Where I live (England) it's actually a day too late (it was on the 22nd) but I thought I'd post this blog in celebration.

It was started by my old friend Salvador, with whom I spent a year rambling around South America when I was a girl -- him and his girlfriend. He was a wonderful 19 year old back then, and it's so great to see what he's doing now. It's just weird to see him as a grey haired man -- I haven't seen him for over 25 years!

Diane McTurk is the Dian Foley of giant otters. There are a lot of giant animals in Guyana and otters are one of them, facing extinction. If you love animals expecially ones in the wild, check out the blog - scroll down to see the lovely otter photos.

Also, because few people know about Guyana, here's a lovely YouTube about this wonderful little country.

Last edited:

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Aruna, the little flag wouldn't be up there if you hadn't told me it was Guyana's National Day in the first place. :)

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Sara's da bomb. She sends me the dates, but then sends me little reminders, too.